Raising weapon skill over mindelay

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 18th November 2015, 17:46

Raising weapon skill over mindelay

Does continuing to increase weapon skill after mindelay has been reached for a particular weapon add any additional benefit to using that weapon, or should investment in weapon skill cease once mindelay is reached for the weapon you wish to end the game with?
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 18th November 2015, 18:46

Re: Raising weapon skill over mindelay

You continue to get greater damage multipliers from skill beyond mindelay. The damage/aut graph does get a lot flatter, but the overall damage continues to increase.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

For this message the author MainiacJoe has received thanks: 2
partial, XuaXua

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 18th November 2015, 21:45

That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 18th November 2015, 22:07

Also you get an additional to hit bonus. IIRC you get about 2% damage per skill point, whereas before-mindelay you easily get 10% per skill point

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 18th November 2015, 22:39

le_nerd wrote:Also you get an additional to hit bonus. IIRC you get about 2% damage per skill point, whereas before-mindelay you easily get 10% per skill point
These quoted percent changes are in damage/aut. There is no change in the skill damage multiplier itself, it is always (1+d(skill)/25) or about 2% per level. In the damage/aut calculation, training both increases the numerator and decreases the denominator before mindelay, and only increases the numerator after mindelay. That is why damage output in fsim seems to "level off" after reaching mindelay, because average damage per aut is indeed most important. But nothing in the mechanics of the damage calculation itself changes after mindelay.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 19th November 2015, 01:48

You get the benefit that draining doesn't hurt your min delay.

Since draining seems to be all over the fucking place these days, this is a benefit worth pursuing.

For this message the author Rast has received thanks: 2
MainiacJoe, WingedEspeon

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 19th November 2015, 15:57

The trick to avoid draining is to have EV based characters. Any time I switch from EV based play to AC based play I keep getting screwed by the status effects (drain, hunger, corrosion) since I dont expect them.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice