[YASD] Help me with HOFE^Mak

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 8th October 2015, 16:55

[YASD] Help me with HOFE^Mak

Morgue file: http://pastebin.com/FSuNEf8K

So I've been trying HOFEs for months now, and I inevitably fail somewhere in the neighborhood of two runes. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, except maybe trying to hybridize too early. Should I stay full-on spellcaster? Should I abandon spells as soon as possible? Somewhere in between?

BTW- I'm playing this combo for RP purposes, so god / class change aren't necessarily something I'm very interested in. I've never won a Mak or Axes character, and I like the idea of a super smart Orc who mastered fire magic.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 8th October 2015, 17:15

Re: [YASD] Help me with HOFE^Mak

Your armour was terrible. You should've enchanted some aux armour with your scrolls. Not enough Fighting, and well, I'd either wear lighter armour and get some Dodging (not too much with HO Dex) or wear something heavier and get more Armour. This build is probably a bit easier with Veh since he helps heavy armour casting a bunch. Makh is good too, of course.

I'd also probably not go for Ring of Flames that early, work on melee/defences and using Conjure and Sticky Flame, maybe Fireball, later get Bolt of Fire (should be castable in plate) and RoF and way later probably Fire Storm.

Edit: also I'd probably wear Int ring over MP one.

Also, you got jumped by some of the worst things you can find in Swamp. Tentacled monsters don't even spawn in every other Swamp - they're an ultra-rare spawn there (and very deadly at that), ghost crabs are more common but still should be treated with respect.

For this message the author Sar has received thanks:
nago

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 8th October 2015, 17:24

T. Monsters on swamp are usually easy to be left alone, I am much more scared of thorn hunters (not so much with a fire user)
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 8th October 2015, 17:40

I did swamp with Fedhas for the first time recently and it was wonderful to see the little happy face next to the thorn hunters and shambling mangroves
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice