Do people use decks even if they're not following Nemelex?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 15:28

Do people use decks even if they're not following Nemelex?

I think once you figure out that the deck is either deck of war or deck of destruction it might be useful in certain situations...

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 15:45

Re: Do people use decks even if they're not following Nemele

All decks are useful and you can also identify the cards for safe measure, then try to save cards like elixir for emergencies.
Early game decks of summoning are really good, some say they can be dangerous but most of the time they are not.
If i dont have muts i like to blindly draw decks of wonder for mercenaries.
You shall never see my color again.

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 15:52

I always use decks and rarely worship Nemelex.

Decks of wonders are the only one I don't blind-draw, because I fear focus and muts (often bad with low power : plain deck and bad Evo). I don't like mercenaries, but it must be a mistake... Are they perma-summons ?
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 17:01

I've not worshipped Nemelex, yet, but I use decks religiously, as long as they're ornate or legendary. I never use plain decks, and by the time I've found ornate and legendary decks, I have plenty of id scrolls to keep the top card known. All that said, the decks have been incredibly useful in the past. Favorite life-savers: Elixir and Tomb. Other fun cards: Mercenary (when its a decent one - hate getting a lowly punk from a legendary), Helix (from legendary only), Focus. I still miss the deck of dungeons and the Trowel, and I wish it would be brought back.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 17:19

Decks are much less dangerous to use blindly now. I used to never use them, now I always do.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 4th September 2015, 01:11

Summons and War are pretty cool,especially at higher deck tiers. Decks are also better now that you don't have to wield to draw.

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 4th September 2015, 06:07

nordetsa wrote:I think once you figure out that the deck is either deck of war or deck of destruction it might be useful in certain situations...

I use decks in all my games, usually ornate and legendary. It does worth training Evo at least to 8-10 by the endgame with the sole purpose to use your decks. There are lots of really useful cards:
Elixir, Alchemist - nothing to say, it's your HP and MP.
Tomb as an awesome escape option. Works well with Solitude.
Warpwright as a 2-turn teleport.
Wild magic as a good mp-replenishing option with a nice bonus - miscasts on enemies.
Helix - we love muts!
Dowsing sometimes lets you detect monsters. Once I killed Gloorx Vloq without ever seeing him because I knew his exact position around the corner and firestormed him to death.
Crusade is a nice abjuration tool with a chance to enslave some enemies on high power.
Rangers, Illusion, Pentagram usually makes strong allies or good ranged support.
Fortitude, Helm is good before a hard fight.

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 4th September 2015, 06:12

Early game: no, late game: what else are you gonna use that dozen ID scrolls on?

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice