Pain brand

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 8th August 2015, 01:14

Pain brand

I've avoided using pain branded weapons for some time because I generally don't train necromancy and I have this impression of them eventually being useless as more monsters have rN in extended. However, I just found a pain branded dagger on d2, is it worth it to keep it and train necromancy/go kiku? I know dagger is a bad basetype, but I could always rebrand something later with kiku.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 8th August 2015, 01:22

Re: Pain brand

Pain is great if you're already a necromancer. However, a d:2 pain dagger is not sufficient reason to train necromancy if you aren't a necromancer. It takes 10 necromancy for pain to be as good as elec - a big investment at this stage. You'll surely find better branded daggers soon, like venom.

Feel free to take kiku though, and if you do take kiku, that's the time to turn on necromancy and start using the pain dagger. Until then it's best to train skills that are more immediately useful, like dodging and fighting, or your spell skills.
streaks: 5 fifteen rune octopodes. 15 diverse chars. 13 random chars. 24 NaWn^gozag.
251 total wins Berder hyperborean + misc
83/108 recent wins (76%)
guides: safe tactics value of ac/ev/sh forum toxicity

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 8th August 2015, 01:28

Re: Pain brand

Ahh, makes sense. Ran into early vehumet/Dith alters so I was probably going to snag one of them when I get back into the game. Probbaly vehumet to try and get tornado.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice