Summon Golem question

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 24th July 2015, 07:11

Summon Golem question

I posted elsewhere that there's plenty of XP in the game and no one needs to be greedy, but there's still a question I'd like to ask on this topic !

When you use the spell Summon Guardian Golem, this summon takes damage for you other pets and sometimes explodes ! Do you get any XP for monsters killed through explosion ?

What if you kill your Golem yourself ?
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 24th July 2015, 07:15

Re: Summon Golem question

I haven't investigated this exactly, but the golem exploding and killing monster should be the same as the golem killing monster. Thus you get normal summon kill XP.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 24th July 2015, 12:26

Well, the golem gets the inner flame effect after taking so much damage, so when it explodes it should work like any other inner flamed monster, meaning you get full XP.
I haven't code dived to verify this, but it's my best guess given the fact that the golem gets the same inner flame effect as any other monster.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 24th July 2015, 13:01

If an enemy gives my ally an inner flame, and my ally explodes, do I get xp for the kills or does the enemy gain levels? I think enemy inner flame was removed this week, but it used to happen.

Who puts the inner flame on the golem? The summoner, the golem, the attacker, the environment?

I can see how it could work different ways.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 24th July 2015, 13:05

Fair point. I had assumed the player got full XP for things killed by enemy inner flames, but I could be completely wrong.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice