I think we learned an important lesson today.

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 30th December 2013, 07:32

Re: I think we learned an important lesson today.

Shadow Creatures isn't just great in Zot. Vaults and especially Depths both have great monster sets for using Shadow Creatures. In Depths, you'll regularly get Dragons, Ettins, Fire/Stone/Frost Giants, Tentacled Monstrosities, Very Ugly Things, and pretty much any pack you can think of (Naga/Yaktaur/Centaur/Deep Troll/Ogre/Orc/Tengu). Pretty much the worst thing I've ever summoned in Depths was a pack of Yaktaurs without a Yaktaur Captain. I would still consider Summon Yaktaur Pack a pretty great level 5 spell.
Wir saufen, und wir sind noch da!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 31st December 2013, 22:19

Mennas does NOT mess around. Seriously, even if you're melee, he'll simply tear you apart. And may <insert whatever god you're worshipping here, if any> help you if you're an undead spellcaster and he gets close enough to silence you when you're not able to teleport away... Am I right in making such a statement that Mennas might be the most powerful unique in the entire game?

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 31st December 2013, 22:52

Most powerful, certainly not (Cerebov can kill him before they even meet in melee) but probably the most dangerous of his part of the game, the early end-game, where you have a few runes but aren't ready for Zot).

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 31st December 2013, 23:22

When your SpEn of Kiku finds an PDA in a Bailey early on, and decides to wear it and enchant it up, it's going to be hard to be an invistabber.

Still trying to figure out if even putting it on was a good idea; the better path than trying for castable invis would have been to go fighter of pain, with awesome AC and EV.

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 1st January 2014, 00:48

Diversify you're elemental spell selection so you don't even up struggling with elemental resisting enemies because you're dumb.

For this message the author caleb has received thanks: 2
MyOtheHedgeFox, Sorcerous

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 2nd January 2014, 08:04

HenryFlower wrote:When your SpEn of Kiku finds an PDA in a Bailey early on, and decides to wear it and enchant it up, it's going to be hard to be an invistabber.

Still trying to figure out if even putting it on was a good idea; the better path than trying for castable invis would have been to go fighter of pain, with awesome AC and EV.

PDA is a good armour but invisibility is one of the best spells in the game. Just think about how many enemies (and a higher percentage than 90% early on) don't even get to hit you when you are an invisstabber. I would almost never change my strategy on a spriggan that is guaranteed to become one. Plus, PDA actually has additional penalties for spriggans.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 2nd January 2014, 08:26

Plus, PDA actually has additional penalties for spriggans.

This isn't true, unless you mean that they lose extra EV since they are small. But that's like saying PDA has less penalty for ogres, trolls, nagas, and centaurs; and it would also mean PDA has additional penalties for kobolds and halflings also.

It doesn't have additional spellcasting or stealth or melee penalties.

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 3rd January 2014, 14:23

Potion of Lignification is great versus hydrae, since their multiple attacks are so effectively reduced by AC. Of course, if things go wrong, you can't escape or drink potions, so make sure you know your limits . . .

Wizlab Walloper

Post Saturday, 4th January 2014, 01:01

Apparently getting put to sleep by Aizul means that a single attack from a spiny frog on your 20-25 AC djinn fighter can do 53 (!!!) damage and kill you.

Seriously, what the !@#$? 53 damage? I'd just enchanted my ice dragon armor!

Time for a break from Crawl.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 5th January 2014, 01:35

crate wrote:
Plus, PDA actually has additional penalties for spriggans.

This isn't true, unless you mean that they lose extra EV since they are small. But that's like saying PDA has less penalty for ogres, trolls, nagas, and centaurs; and it would also mean PDA has additional penalties for kobolds and halflings also.
Spriggans allegedly got 1.5 times the normal evasion penalty at one point (but only for evasion) but if that ever existed it seems to be gone now. This is what cerebovssquire was referring to.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
cerebovssquire

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 7th January 2014, 16:22

Today I learned two important things:

1. When encountering Mara as a Gargoyle, you should forget LRD immediately.
2. The minimap icon for up staircases looks very similar to the icon for plants.

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 8th January 2014, 00:17

Viashino_wizard wrote:Today I learned two important things:

I think reading ?teleportation (or doing a dozen other things) rather than reading ?amnesia is a better idea if you run into Mara and don't think you can take him out safely—which is most of the time.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 8th January 2014, 06:43

If you quaff ID a potion of beneficial mutation before Lair and get an awesome mutation (like fast movement), it would be a good idea to stop quaff ID'ing potions until you have identified also mutation and cure mutation.
The next potion just might be cure mutation...

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 8th January 2014, 13:57

This is really good advice, if you snip everything before "it would be a good idea". E.g.:

It would be a good idea not to quaff ID potions until you have identified mutation and cure mutation.
The next potion just might be mutation or cure mutation...

Not to mention the risk of wasting speed or might or heal wounds, or accidentally drinking strong poison or decay, etc.

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 9th January 2014, 02:48

and into wrote:
Viashino_wizard wrote:Today I learned two important things:

I think reading ?teleportation (or doing a dozen other things) rather than reading ?amnesia is a better idea if you run into Mara and don't think you can take him out safely—which is most of the time.

Mara himself wasn't an issue and besides LRD my illusion didn't do much damage either.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 12th January 2014, 05:42

hannobal wrote:If you quaff ID a potion of beneficial mutation before Lair and get an awesome mutation (like fast movement), it would be a good idea to stop quaff ID'ing potions until you have identified also mutation and cure mutation.

Don't ever quaff ID potions:

Code:
11334 | D:9 | Gained mutation: You have a slow metabolism. [potion of mutation]
11334 | D:9 | Gained mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind. [potion of mutation]
11334 | D:9 | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute. (Int +2) [potion of mutation]
11337 | D:9 | Lost mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind. [potion of cure mutation]
11337 | D:9 | Lost mutation: You have a slow metabolism. [potion of cure mutation]
11337 | D:9 | Lost mutation: Your mind is acute. (Int +2) [potion of cure mutation]

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 13th January 2014, 03:06

Brannock wrote:
hannobal wrote:If you quaff ID a potion of beneficial mutation before Lair and get an awesome mutation (like fast movement), it would be a good idea to stop quaff ID'ing potions until you have identified also mutation and cure mutation.

Don't ever quaff ID potions:

Code:
11334 | D:9 | Gained mutation: You have a slow metabolism. [potion of mutation]
11334 | D:9 | Gained mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind. [potion of mutation]
11334 | D:9 | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute. (Int +2) [potion of mutation]
11337 | D:9 | Lost mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind. [potion of cure mutation]
11337 | D:9 | Lost mutation: You have a slow metabolism. [potion of cure mutation]
11337 | D:9 | Lost mutation: Your mind is acute. (Int +2) [potion of cure mutation]

The correct lesson to learn there would be "don't quaff things that could be cMut if you have mutations you like".

There are very few potion types where quaff-IDing (in a safe place, of course!) will fuck you up. basically *Mut and Decay. It's mostly manageable by monitoring the \ screen and getting a feel for what potion types typically generate at what level. (getting a !Mut while trying to figure out which potions are poison, slowing, paralysis etc is possible, but pretty unlikely). Of course as your expectation for getting one of these as your next quaff-ID rises you are justified in using ID scrolls on them.

ID scrolls just aren't that plentiful that you can burn them on IDing all the different potion types.

For this message the author savageorange has received thanks:
Brannock

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 13th January 2014, 04:10

That would be a pretty bad lesson though, you don't want to quaff-ID potions pretty much ever. Good potions are just too valuable to waste.

For this message the author Sar has received thanks: 2
duvessa, MyOtheHedgeFox

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 13th January 2014, 13:21

savageorange wrote:
The correct lesson to learn there would be "don't quaff things that could be cMut if you have mutations you like".

There are very few potion types where quaff-IDing (in a safe place, of course!) will fuck you up. basically *Mut and Decay. It's mostly manageable by monitoring the \ screen and getting a feel for what potion types typically generate at what level. (getting a !Mut while trying to figure out which potions are poison, slowing, paralysis etc is possible, but pretty unlikely). Of course as your expectation for getting one of these as your next quaff-ID rises you are justified in using ID scrolls on them.

ID scrolls just aren't that plentiful that you can burn them on IDing all the different potion types.

No, he had the correct lesson, just a bad illustration of it. While you're right that quaff-iding the majority potions won't damage your character too badly (assuming you have curing on hand and aren't near any monsters), you're forgetting the other cost: losing your first one of all the beneficial potions in the game.

I used to believe, as you do, that there simply aren't enough ID scrolls to scroll-ID potions, but since I started trying it, I found that in most games scroll ID identified the most important beneficial and harmful potions without problems, and that I could ID all potions within a reasonable time frame. It does put more stress on your pile of ID scrolls, but in most games you can afford it without sacrificing much opportunity, and as a reward you get the following treasure pile:

1 potion of heal wounds
1 potion of might
1 potion of speed
1 potion of cure mutation
1 potion of agility
1 potion of brilliance
1 potion of resistance
1 potion of invisibility
etc.

For this message the author Lasty has received thanks:
duvessa

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 13th January 2014, 17:58

I used to quaff ID at first, with the same mindset, that there weren't enough ID scrolls.

I was incorrect. Now I use ID scrolls to ID all my potions, artifact weapons, pre-faith amulets (if I don't want faith), artifact amulets, etc, and I still end up with enough extra IDs for good wands and what not.

1 cure mut potion can make or break a game sometimes, I'd hate to waste that instead of an ID scroll.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 14th January 2014, 13:14

I like to set explore_delay etc. to -1. Then I press o and every time it stops it's a new challenge/scenario, so I treat the game as a series of puzzles. Bat in a hallway? Easy puzzle. Bee vault on D:6? Hard puzzle.

I'm also going to try only playing five levels at a time then breaking for 15-20 minutes. When I play for 30+ minutes at once fatigue sets in especially with melee characters as most situations are solved with tab. The next thing I know I have 40hp and am surrounded by demons or something equally ridiculous and easily avoidable.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 16th January 2014, 21:31

I know, I hate that situation. I've gone and tabbed away half my health in a situation I could have just safely walked away from, and now I know I'm going to die, and I know it's all my dumbass fault.

Not that that'll stop me from doing it again...

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 17th January 2014, 18:36

This may not be news to most of you experts, but something I just figured out with my HuWa who is branching into transmutation:

Polymorph can not only make spellcasting or powerful uniques a little easier to cope with, it also makes them drop their dangerous equipment and keeps them from using it on you...

WHEN IT WORKS.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 02:48

Just because Orb Spiders have been doing negligible damage for the first 4 floors of Nest doesn't mean that one can't hit you for 54 damage when you're low on health.

Also, sometimes you just need to suck it up, unwield a vampiric weapon and eat a bread ration later.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 16:49

Losing your Level 27 Troll to hunger in the midst of a prolonged fight because you somehow ignored the big red "starving" warning while happily tabbing away, thinking "I'll FEAST on their corpses!" can really make you feel like a royal dumbass (and quite right so!). :lol:
wins: yes

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 19:41

don't forget the ID metagame

Identify early!
I love pitsprint and pitsprint culture.
dpeg wrote:The only good player is a dead player.

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 22nd January 2014, 08:26

mrbobbyg wrote: swarm of killer bees is waiting right at the edge of your vision.
I love pitsprint and pitsprint culture.
dpeg wrote:The only good player is a dead player.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 23rd January 2014, 02:21

you CAN combine Death Channel with Animate Dead. Doing so will drastically pitch the odds of a crowded fight in your favor.

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 23rd January 2014, 21:00

http://i.imgur.com/p4m58ki.png

Carry plenty of blink scrolls when exploring pande.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 23rd January 2014, 21:52

Wow, I had to look at that url 3 times to make sure it wasn't actually a jpeg.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 27th January 2014, 01:46

Dazzled monster happily uses stairs :(

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 28th January 2014, 21:38

congrats on your 4000th post!
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks: 2
Sandman25, wheals

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 23:31

If you are a caster, no matter how good you think your evasion is (or armor/shield rating from spells)
the only real defence is distance.

Hill giant, 70 hps to dead in one hit..!

For this message the author TheWoodenMan has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 06:14

Did you know that you can enslave a giant eyeball(the one that paralizes no mater what MR a target has? :3 I learnt that when I was trying to sneak on Negrale and one of those.

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 13:55

Amnesiac wrote:Did you know that you can enslave a giant eyeball(the one that paralizes no mater what MR a target has? :3 I learnt that when I was trying to sneak on Negrale and one of those.

Actually this is one of the best ways to deal with the Royal Jelly.
If you spot a grammar mistake in my post I will appreciate if you PM it.

For this message the author Yermak has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 20:10

This really boils down to "wiki monsters that you haven't seen before," but I ran into a titanic slime for the first time with my most successful character yet. (A 2 rune gargoyle fighter.) A quick search reveals plenty of stories about its ability to slap faces clear off, I shouldn't have been surprised by its ability to take me from 74 hit points to zero. Now I know not to tab around slimes!
Staff Editor at Dorkadia.com

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 5th February 2014, 04:08

Xom can be creative:
1) Confuse me while I am throwing flame at Ice Statue at the edge of my LoS.
2) Make noise
3) Inner Flame monsters
4) Make ice beast invisible
So I had funny choice.

I didn't expect xomfusion to last that long, I heard it got nerfed recently (I died still confused).
No more Ice Caves with Xom.

19091 | IceCv | XOM: noise
19092 | IceCv | XOM: confusion
19095 | IceCv | XOM: noise
19096 | IceCv | XOM: silly message
19100 | IceCv | XOM: inner flame monster(s)
19101 | IceCv | XOM: enchant monster (bad)
19102 | IceCv | Huge Dmg: 17 dmg
19103 | IceCv | Huge Dmg: 23 dmg
19104 | IceCv | Huge Dmg: 9 dmg
19112 | IceCv | Huge Dmg: 7 dmg
19113 | IceCv | Huge Dmg: 9 dmg
19116 | IceCv | Killed from afar by an ice beast

dck

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 5th February 2014, 04:24

Why did you not quaff !curing?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 5th February 2014, 05:30

dck wrote:Why did you not quaff !curing?

Because I was lazy/stupid due to overconfidence. There was a potion of curing in that ice cave so at least I could have put it on the ground near me if I was so greedy.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 5th February 2014, 05:32

dck wrote:Why did you not quaff !curing?

Nutrition? :-D
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 13th February 2014, 08:18

However strong your draconian Firemage might be... and if you just tanked and killed all the vaultguards on Vault 5 without ascending (ROF+Firestorm) ...

the following tentacled-monstrosities will constrict and slap you to death within 2-3 turns if they place themselves on the only chokepoint there :-/

RIP mighty Lizzard :(

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.13.1-27-ga479965 (webtiles) character file.

366975 BoredOne the Eclecticist (level 21, -3/143 HPs)
             Began as a Mottled Draconian Wizard on Feb 4, 2014.
             Was the Champion of Vehumet.
             Slain by a vault warden
             ... wielding a +0,+0 great mace
              (20 damage)
             ... on Level 5 of the Vaults on Feb 13, 2014.
             The game lasted 08:40:14 (102700 turns).

BoredOne the Eclecticist (DrWz)                   Turns: 102700, Time: 08:40:14

HP  -3/143       AC 17     Str 13      XL: 21   Next: 55%
MP  42/43        EV 12     Int 26      God: Vehumet [******]
Gold 3069        SH 14     Dex 13      Spells: 13 memorised,  4 levels left

Res.Fire  : + + .   See Invis. : +   x - staff of energy {!a}
Res.Cold  : x . .   Warding    : +   (armour unavailable)
Life Prot.: + . .   Conserve   : .   b - +3 dwarf buckler {rC+}
Res.Poison: +       Res.Corr.  : .   m - +0 wizard hat
Res.Elec. : .       Clarity    : .   r - +2 cloak of the Thief {+Fog Dam-3 SInv Stlth++}
Sust.Abil.: + .     Spirit.Shd : .   F - +0 pair of gauntlets
Res.Mut.  : .       Stasis     : .   y - +1 pair of boots of the Evil One {Str+2}
Res.Rott. : .       Flight     : .   I - amulet of warding
Saprovore : . . .                    K - ring "Ytul Onn" {SustAb MR++}
                                     O - ring of poison resistance

@: regenerating, about to teleport, immune to fire clouds, delayed fireball,
extremely resistant to hostile enchantments, quite stealthy
A: breathe sticky flames, unfitting armour, fast metabolism 1, regeneration 1,
AC +11, Dex +2
a: Breathe Sticky Flame, Renounce Religion, Release Delayed Fireball, Evoke Fog
}: 2/15 runes: serpentine, barnacled

You were on level 5 of the Vaults.
You worshipped Vehumet.
Vehumet was exalted by your worship.
You were not hungry.

You visited 8 branches of the dungeon, and saw 50 of its levels.
You visited 1 bazaar.
You also visited: Labyrinth, Bailey and Ice Cave.

You collected 6169 gold pieces.
You spent 3120 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 V - a +2,+0 demon blade of freezing
Armour
 b - a +3 dwarven buckler of cold resistance (worn)
 m - a +0 wizard hat (worn)
 r - the +2 cloak of the Thief (worn) {+Fog Dam-3 SInv Stlth++}
   (You found it on level 1 of the Snake Pit)   

It affects your damage-dealing abilities (-3).
   It enhances your eyesight.
   It can be evoked to emit clouds of fog.
   It makes you much more stealthy.
 y - the +1 pair of boots of the Evil One (worn) {Str+2}
   (You acquired it on level 14 of the Dungeon)   

It affects your strength (+2).
 F - a +0 pair of gauntlets (worn)
Magical devices
 a - a wand of draining (5)
 e - a wand of hasting (6)
 k - a wand of digging (15)
 o - a wand of disintegration (18)
 w - a wand of invisibility (7)
 D - a wand of teleportation (0)
Comestibles
 i - a bread ration
 l - a chunk of redback flesh {@w1}
 P - 5 meat rations
Scrolls
 c - a scroll of torment {!r}
 B - a scroll of holy word
 E - a scroll of identify
 G - 2 scrolls of magic mapping
 H - a scroll of teleportation
 N - a scroll of remove curse
 S - a scroll of enchant armour
 W - 2 scrolls of fog
Jewellery
 d - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
 f - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
 g - an uncursed ring of flight
 h - an uncursed ring of sustain abilities
 q - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
 t - a +3 ring of intelligence {unknown}
 u - an uncursed ring of sustenance
 I - an amulet of warding (around neck)
 K - the ring "Ytul Onn" (right hand) {SustAb MR++}
   (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

[ring of sustain abilities]
   It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
 O - a ring of poison resistance (left hand)
 T - an uncursed amulet of resist mutation
 Z - an uncursed amulet of resist corrosion
Potions
 j - a potion of flight
 s - 6 potions of agility
 A - 5 potions of curing
 R - a potion of invisibility
Books
 p - a book of Enchantments   

Spells                             Type                      Level
   Cause Fear                         Hexes                        4
   Silence                            Hexes/Air                    5
   Tukima's Dance                     Hexes                        5
   *Deflect Missiles                  Charms/Air                   6
   Haste                              Charms                       6
   Discord                            Hexes                        8
 z - a book of Party Tricks   

Summon Butterflies                 Summoning                    1
   *Apportation                       Translocation                1
   *Blink                             Translocation                2
   Alistair's Intoxication            Transmutation/Poison         4
   Tukima's Dance                     Hexes                        5
 X - a book of Wizardry   

Summon Elemental                   Summoning                    4
   Agony                              Necromancy                   5
   Force Lance                        Conjuration                  5
   *Fireball                          Conjuration/Fire             5
   Haste                              Charms                       6
   Invisibility                       Hexes                        6
Magical staves
 n - an uncursed staff of conjuration {!a}
 x - an uncursed staff of energy (weapon) {!a}
 M - an uncursed staff of power {!a}
Miscellaneous
 v - a lantern of shadows

Skills:
 - Level 3.5 Fighting
 - Level 1.8 Dodging
 - Level 1.7 Stealth
 - Level 5.6 Shields
 + Level 20.3 Spellcasting
 - Level 20.0 Conjurations
 + Level 12.3 Charms
 - Level 1.0 Summonings
 - Level 1.0 Translocations
 - Level 20.1 Fire Magic
 - Level 2.8 Air Magic
   Level 2.0 Poison Magic

You had 4 spell levels left.
You knew the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
a - Magic Dart            Conj           ####         0%          1    None
b - Ring of Flames        Chrm/Fire      ########..   1%          7    None
c - Deflect Missiles      Chrm/Air       ######....   12%         6    None
d - Delayed Fireball      Conj/Fire      N/A          1%          7    None
e - Bolt of Fire          Conj/Fire      ########..   1%          6    None
f - Fireball              Conj/Fire      ########..   0%          5    None
i - Orb of Destruction    Conj           #######...   1%          7    None
j - Abjuration            Summ           ####......   3%          3    None
r - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      ######....   1%          3    None
t - Control Teleport      Chrm/Tloc      ######....   1%          4    None
A - Apportation           Tloc           ####......   1%          1    None
B - Blink                 Tloc           N/A          1%          2    None
F - Fire Storm            Conj/Fire      ########..   10%         9    None

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (19/27)            Temple (1/1) D:7             Orc (4/4) D:7
    Elf (3/3) Orc:4          Lair (8/8) D:8          Shoals (5/5) Lair:5
  Snake (5/5) Lair:5        Slime (0/6) Lair:8       Vaults (5/5) D:19
  Crypt (0/5) Vaults:2   
 Blade: Vaults:3-4 

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
the Shining One
Beogh

Shops:
D:11 !   D:17 !   Orc:4 /(++   Elf:2 (   Snake:2 ?   Snake:3 }   Snake:5 (/(?
Vaults:4 [

Annotations:
Vaults:2 Mennas

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You can spit globs of burning liquid.
You can ignite nearby creatures when you spit burning liquid.
Your weird mottled scales are hard (AC +11).
Your body does not fit into most forms of armour.
Your cold-blooded metabolism reacts poorly to cold.
You are immune to clouds of flame.
You are agile. (Dex +2)
You have a fast metabolism.
Your natural rate of healing is unusually fast.

Message History

* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
The vault warden is engulfed in roaring flames.
The stone giant is engulfed in roaring flames.
The stone giant hits you!
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
Drink which item? (? for menu, Esc to quit)
Okay, then.
Read which item? (? for menu, Esc to quit)
Okay, then.
Okay, then.
Okay, then.
Evoke which item? (* to show all) (? for menu, Esc to quit)
Zapping: D - a wand of teleportation (1)
Press: ? - help, Shift-Dir - straight line, f - you
You feel strangely unstable. This wand has 0 charges left.
The vault warden is engulfed in roaring flames.
The vault warden hits you with a great mace!
You die...

#....#
       .# #....# #.
      ...##....##...
       ...#....#...
       #........B.#
#########C.%....$#####
.......§@C..(.[%......
.......§§@[XX§%%.......
 .........§(%v()§......
 .........§§§%[)§......
 ########..%C.c.(#####
      ......c(§§.(#
      ###.#.(%.#...#
        #.#....##(#.c
        #.#....# ###

You could see 2 tentacled monstrosities, a fire giant, 2 stone giants, a vault
warden, 2 yaktaur captains and a friendly fire vortex.

Grand Total: 2753 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | BoredOne, the Draconian Wizard, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 12/12 MP: 5/5
   324 | D:1      | Reached skill level 1 in Fighting
   415 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 16/18 MP: 4/7
   606 | D:1      | Reached skill level 2 in Fighting
   787 | D:1      | Learned a level 2 spell: Call Imp
  1041 | D:1      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 24/24 MP: 6/9
  1053 | D:1      | Learned a level 3 spell: Mephitic Cloud
  1928 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Poison Magic
  1934 | D:2      | Learned a level 2 spell: Repel Missiles
  2264 | D:2      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 21/31 MP: 11/11
  2506 | D:2      | Noticed Sigmund
  2522 | D:2      | Killed Sigmund
  2522 | D:2      | Reached skill level 2 in Conjurations
  2522 | D:2      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 32/37 MP: 8/13
  2611 | D:2      | Noticed Crazy Yiuf
  2628 | D:2      | HP: 5/37 [Crazy Yiuf/quarterstaff of chaos (8)]
  2644 | D:2      | Killed Crazy Yiuf
  2644 | D:2      | Reached skill level 3 in Fighting
  2644 | D:2      | Reached skill level 2 in Poison Magic
  3048 | D:2      | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
  3186 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Air Magic
  3458 | D:3      | Noticed Ijyb
  3480 | D:2      | Killed Ijyb
  3732 | D:3      | Reached skill level 4 in Spellcasting
  3740 | D:3      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 22/45 MP: 8/16
  3905 | D:3      | Learned a level 3 spell: Conjure Flame
  3942 | D:3      | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
  3946 | D:3      | Became a worshipper of Vehumet
  3956 | D:3      | Noticed Jessica
  3962 | D:3      | Killed Jessica
  3974 | D:3      | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
  4163 | D:3      | Reached skill level 1 in Shields
  4163 | D:3      | Reached skill level 3 in Conjurations
  4342 | D:3      | Reached skill level 2 in Air Magic
  4576 | D:3      | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
  5060 | D:4      | Your scales start taking on a weird mottled pattern.
  5060 | D:4      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 19/51 MP: 0/18
  5274 | D:4      | Learned a level 2 spell: Blink
  5338 | D:4      | Reached skill level 2 in Shields
  5509 | D:4      | Reached skill level 1 in Fire Magic
  5883 | D:4      | Reached skill level 2 in Fire Magic
  5893 | D:4      | Acquired Vehumet's first power
  5893 | D:4      | Offered knowledge of Shock by Vehumet.
  5899 | D:4      | Reached skill level 5 in Spellcasting
  6023 | D:4      | Noticed Prince Ribbit
  6330 | D:4      | Reached skill level 3 in Shields
  6405 | D:4      | Noticed Duvessa
  6410 | D:4      | Noticed Dowan
  6419 | D:4      | Killed Duvessa
  6442 | D:4      | Killed Dowan
  6442 | D:4      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 56/58 MP: 7/20
  6446 | D:4      | Learned a level 1 spell: Shock
  7013 | D:4      | Killed Prince Ribbit
  7013 | D:4      | Reached skill level 3 in Fire Magic
  7045 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  7045 | D:5      | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
  7173 | D:5      | Noticed Menkaure
  7186 | D:5      | Killed Menkaure
  7186 | D:5      | Reached skill level 4 in Shields
  7229 | D:5      | Noticed Edmund
  7254 | D:5      | Killed Edmund
  7254 | D:5      | Reached skill level 4 in Fire Magic
  7496 | D:5      | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
  7496 | D:5      | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
  7543 | D:5      | Reached skill level 6 in Spellcasting
  7933 | D:5      | Noticed Blork the orc
  7942 | D:5      | Offered knowledge of Sandblast by Vehumet.
  7942 | D:5      | Killed Blork the orc
  7980 | D:5      | Reached skill level 5 in Shields
  7980 | D:5      | Reached skill level 5 in Fire Magic
  8287 | D:5      | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
  8799 | D:5      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 53/63 MP: 23/23
  9227 | D:6      | Learned a level 5 spell: Fireball
  9361 | D:6      | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
  9369 | D:6      | the staircase to the Orcish Mines was a mimic.
  9517 | D:6      | Offered knowledge of Inner Flame by Vehumet.
  9591 | D:6      | Reached skill level 7 in Spellcasting
  9591 | D:6      | Reached skill level 6 in Fire Magic
  9624 | D:6      | Noticed xaositect's ghost (experienced TrMo)
  9638 | D:6      | Killed xaositect's ghost
  9638 | D:6      | Reached skill level 4 in Conjurations
  9751 | D:6      | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
  9805 | D:6      | Acquired Vehumet's second power
  9805 | D:6      | Reached skill level 5 in Conjurations
  9805 | D:6      | Reached skill level 7 in Fire Magic
  9971 | D:6      | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
  9998 | D:6      | Learned a level 7 spell: Delayed Fireball
 10813 | D:7      | Reached skill level 8 in Spellcasting
 10814 | D:7      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 65/71 MP: 19/26
 10819 | D:7      | Offered knowledge of Olgreb's Toxic Radiance by Vehumet.
 11211 | D:7      | Acquired Vehumet's third power
 11343 | D:7      | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
 11364 | D:7      | Reached skill level 6 in Conjurations
 11376 | D:7      | Offered knowledge of Venom Bolt by Vehumet.
 11692 | D:7      | Reached skill level 8 in Fire Magic
 12199 | D:7      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
 12830 | Temple   | Entered the Ecumenical Temple
 13027 | D:8      | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
 13040 | D:8      | Noticed Joseph
 13231 | D:8      | Noticed Psyche
 13342 | D:8      | Found a staircase to the Lair.
 13414 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 13476 | Lair:1   | Got an encrusted falchion
 13477 | Lair:1   | Identified the falchion "Fimonwoh" {flame, Dex+4 Int+1} (You found it on level 1 of the Lair of Beasts)
 13929 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 7 in Conjurations
 14191 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 9 in Fire Magic
 14197 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 9 in Spellcasting
 15409 | Lair:1   | Learned a level 6 spell: Bolt of Fire
 15663 | Lair:1   | Reached XP level 11. HP: 77/77 MP: 21/28
 15728 | Lair:1   | Offered knowledge of Iron Shot by Vehumet.
 15866 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 8 in Conjurations
 16027 | Lair:2   | Found a frozen archway.
 16032 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 10 in Fire Magic
 16164 | IceCv    | Entered an ice cave
 16320 | IceCv    | Noticed an ice statue
 16320 | IceCv    | Noticed an ice statue
 16323 | IceCv    | HP: 8/77 [ice statue/shard of ice (26)]
 16639 | IceCv    | Killed an ice statue
 16758 | IceCv    | Killed an ice statue
 17117 | IceCv    | Noticed an ice devil
 17125 | IceCv    | Killed an ice devil
 17125 | IceCv    | Reached skill level 10 in Spellcasting
 17148 | IceCv    | Noticed a necromancer
 17180 | IceCv    | Reached skill level 9 in Conjurations
 17348 | IceCv    | Killed a necromancer
 18880 | Lair:2   | Learned a level 5 spell: Ignite Poison
 19478 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 11 in Spellcasting
 20202 | Lair:4   | Reached XP level 12. HP: 84/84 MP: 30/31
 20501 | Lair:4   | Noticed Maud
 21248 | Lair:4   | HP: 6/84 [Maud/wand of lightning (24)]
 21266 | Lair:4   | Killed Maud
 21266 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 12 in Spellcasting
 21614 | Lair:4   | Offered knowledge of Bolt of Draining by Vehumet.
 21801 | Lair:4   | Found a hole to the Spider Nest.
 21991 | Lair:4   | Noticed an eight-headed hydra
 21996 | Lair:4   | Killed an eight-headed hydra
 21996 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 13 in Spellcasting
 23266 | Lair:5   | Found a staircase to the Shoals.
 23266 | Lair:5   | Noticed a four-headed hydra
 23270 | Lair:5   | Killed a four-headed hydra
 23276 | Lair:5   | Noticed a six-headed hydra
 23571 | Lair:5   | Killed a six-headed hydra
 23678 | Lair:5   | Found a staircase to the Snake Pit.
 24027 | Lair:5   | Noticed a seven-headed hydra
 24033 | Lair:5   | Killed a seven-headed hydra
 24033 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 14 in Spellcasting
 24468 | Lair:5   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 90/90 MP: 27/34
 24854 | Lair:5   | Offered knowledge of Conjure Ball Lightning by Vehumet.
 25059 | Lair:5   | Noticed a six-headed hydra
 25065 | Lair:5   | Killed a six-headed hydra
 25503 | Lair:5   | Learned a level 3 spell: Regeneration
 27109 | Lair:6   | Learned a level 4 spell: Control Teleport
 27431 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 15 in Spellcasting
 28178 | Lair:7   | Got a pair of pitted boots
 28181 | Lair:7   | Identified the cursed +4 pair of boots of Tuac {Str+5 Dex-5} (You found it on level 7 of the Lair of Beasts)
 29052 | Lair:7   | Offered knowledge of Bolt of Magma by Vehumet.
 29527 | Lair:8   | Entered Level 8 of the Lair of Beasts
 30004 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 16 in Spellcasting
 31438 | Lair:8   | Offered knowledge of Freezing Cloud by Vehumet.
 31438 | Lair:8   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 72/97 MP: 35/36
 31949 | Lair:8   | HP: 18/97 [spriggan rider/spear of freezing (2)]
 32305 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 17 in Spellcasting
 32408 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 11 in Fire Magic
 32761 | Lair:8   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 34188 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 34273 | Orc:1    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 34791 | Orc:1    | Reached skill level 10 in Conjurations
 34987 | Orc:1    | Noticed Grum
 34998 | Orc:1    | Killed Grum
 36114 | Orc:2    | Found a flagged portal.
 36125 | Bailey   | Entered a bailey
 37018 | Orc:3    | Offered knowledge of Ozocubu's Refrigeration by Vehumet.
 37490 | Orc:3    | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
 37589 | Orc:4    | Entered Level 4 of the Orcish Mines
 37589 | Orc:4    | Noticed Nessos
 37589 | Orc:4    | Noticed Urug
 37687 | Orc:4    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 37687 | Orc:4    | Noticed Donald
 37687 | Orc:4    | Noticed Josephine
 37696 | Orc:3    | HP: 13/97 [troll (16)]
 37696 | Orc:3    | HP: 3/97 [troll (10)]
 38255 | Orc:4    | Killed Josephine
 38255 | Orc:4    | Reached skill level 12 in Fire Magic
 38260 | Orc:4    | Killed Nessos
 38821 | Orc:4    | Killed Urug
 39036 | Orc:4    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 39322 | Orc:4    | Noticed Erolcha
 39329 | Orc:4    | Killed Erolcha
 39630 | Orc:4    | Offered knowledge of Orb of Destruction by Vehumet.
 40040 | Orc:4    | Reached skill level 11 in Conjurations
 40055 | Orc:4    | Learned a level 7 spell: Orb of Destruction
 40730 | Orc:4    | Found Ujoihav's Magical Wand Shop.
 40731 | Orc:4    | Found Foivyxel's Book Shop.
 40731 | Orc:4    | Found Mutommoa's Weapon Boutique.
 40732 | Orc:4    | Found Yqogroifa's Book Shop.
 40851 | Orc:3    | Killed Donald
 40851 | Orc:3    | Reached skill level 13 in Fire Magic
 40949 | D:8      | Killed Joseph
 41045 | D:8      | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
 41176 | D:8      | Killed Psyche
 41939 | D:9      | Learned a level 3 spell: Abjuration
 42602 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
 43073 | D:10     | Reached XP level 15. HP: 95/103 MP: 36/37
 44124 | D:11     | Found Ygiggifi's Distillery.
 44173 | D:11     | Bought a potion of heal wounds for 48 gold pieces
 44173 | D:11     | Bought a potion of brilliance for 40 gold pieces
 44173 | D:11     | Bought a potion of curing for 32 gold pieces
 44173 | D:11     | Bought a potion of agility for 40 gold pieces
 44173 | D:11     | Bought a potion of heal wounds for 48 gold pieces
 44173 | D:11     | Bought 2 potions of speed for 176 gold pieces
 44173 | D:11     | Bought a potion of resistance for 112 gold pieces
 44896 | D:12     | Reached skill level 12 in Conjurations
 45813 | D:12     | Offered knowledge of Fire Storm by Vehumet.
 45813 | D:12     | Offered knowledge of Shatter by Vehumet.
 45813 | D:12     | Offered knowledge of Tornado by Vehumet.
 45823 | D:12     | Reached skill level 14 in Fire Magic
 46114 | D:12     | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 46540 | D:13     | Found a labyrinth entrance.
 46551 | Lab      | Entered a labyrinth
 46866 | Lab      | BoredOne: Hola
 46887 | Lab      | notcluie: que? no speck espanol
 47047 | Lab      | BoredOne: Hola
 47201 | Lab      | Modest: Hello
 47204 | Lab      | BoredOne: i am lost in the labyrinth :/
 47204 | Lab      | BoredOne: an the black stones are in far west^^
 47204 | Lab      | Modest: Aim for stone and metal is all I know.
 47302 | Lab      | Modest: Making progress.
 47311 | Lab      | BoredOne: been there done that^^
 47405 | Lab      | Modest: Found him
 47410 | Lab      | Modest: That rock
 47419 | Lab      | Modest: Is it.
 47428 | Lab      | BoredOne: woooohoo
 47507 | Lab      | Got a pair of steaming boots
 47509 | Lab      | Modest: Check those doors too
 47515 | Lab      | BoredOne: yes
 47599 | D:13     | BoredOne: libertad!!!!
 47599 | D:13     | BoredOne: :-)
 47672 | D:13     | Identified a +5 rod of the swarm (14/14) (You found it in a labyrinth)
 47673 | D:13     | Identified a +4 rod of the swarm (13/13) (You found it in a labyrinth)
 47674 | D:13     | Modest: lol
 47674 | D:13     | BoredOne: oook
 47873 | D:13     | Learned a level 1 spell: Apportation
 48183 | Lair:2   | Identified the +0 pair of boots "Gylawn" {SInv} (You found it in a labyrinth)
 48355 | Elf:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
 48427 | Elf:1    | Reached skill level 13 in Conjurations
 48884 | Elf:1    | Found a gateway to a bazaar.
 48949 | Bazaar   | Entered a bazaar
 48977 | Bazaar   | Found Bledenn's General Store.
 48977 | Bazaar   | Found Ehires' Gadget Shop.
 49007 | Bazaar   | Found Chilie's General Store.
 49023 | Bazaar   | Found Choh's Magical Wand Shop.
 49049 | Bazaar   | Bought a scroll of magic mapping for 45 gold pieces
 49049 | Bazaar   | Bought a scroll of fear for 45 gold pieces
 49074 | Bazaar   | Bought a scroll of blinking for 49 gold pieces
 49087 | Bazaar   | Bought a lantern of shadows for 800 gold pieces
 49126 | Bazaar   | Bought a wand of invisibility (3) for 98 gold pieces
 50045 | Elf:1    | Reached skill level 14 in Conjurations
 51425 | Elf:2    | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 4 turns
 51431 | Elf:2    | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 4 turns
 51440 | Elf:2    | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 3 turns
 51453 | Elf:2    | HP: 15/103 [redback[a deep elf summoner] (8)]
 51602 | Elf:2    | Reached skill level 15 in Conjurations
 51944 | Elf:2    | Found Fuavoh's Antique Weapon Emporium.
 51976 | Elf:2    | Reached XP level 16. HP: 100/111 MP: 14/38
 53544 | D:14     | Entered Level 14 of the Dungeon
 53558 | D:13     | Reached skill level 16 in Conjurations
 55759 | D:14     | Paralysed by a potion of paralysis for 5 turns
 55814 | D:14     | Noticed Louise
 55818 | D:14     | Killed Louise
 56712 | D:14     | Noticed Kirke
 56717 | D:14     | Killed Kirke
 57123 | D:14     | Reached skill level 17 in Conjurations
 57304 | D:14     | Identified a scroll of acquirement
 57307 | D:14     | Got a pair of faintly humming boots
 57311 | D:14     | Identified the +1 pair of boots of the Evil One {Str+2} (You acquired it on level 14 of the Dungeon)
 58055 | D:15     | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 58440 | D:15     | Gained mutation: You have a fast metabolism. [potion of mutation]
 58440 | D:15     | Gained mutation: Your natural rate of healing is unusually fast. [potion of mutation]
 58440 | D:15     | Gained mutation: You are agile. (Dex +2) [potion of mutation]
 58847 | D:15     | Found a shattered altar of Ashenzari.
 59969 | D:16     | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
 60089 | D:16     | Got a fine cloak
 60093 | D:16     | Identified the +2 cloak of Claseod {rN+ SInv} (You acquired it on level 16 of the Dungeon)
 60843 | D:16     | Reached skill level 18 in Conjurations
 61338 | D:17     | Noticed Rupert
 61343 | D:17     | Killed Rupert
 61430 | D:17     | Found Ucepario's Distillery.
 61479 | D:18     | Noticed Agnes
 61483 | D:18     | HP: 22/111 [Agnes/glowing lajatang (20)]
 61488 | D:18     | HP: 18/111 [big kobold/ dart (3)]
 61508 | D:18     | HP: 20/111 [Agnes/glowing lajatang (14)]
 61523 | D:18     | HP: 18/111 [Agnes/glowing lajatang (7)]
 61532 | D:18     | Killed Agnes
 61540 | D:18     | HP: 13/111 [ogre mage/bolt of lightning (12)]
 61543 | D:18     | Paralysed by an ogre mage for 4 turns
 61545 | D:18     | HP: 22/111 [drowned by a water elemental]
 61547 | D:18     | HP: 9/111 [drowned by a water elemental]
 61549 | D:18     | HP: 4/111 [water elemental (7)]
 62350 | D:18     | Reached XP level 17. HP: 116/116 MP: 39/39
 63649 | D:17     | Reached skill level 19 in Conjurations
 63818 | D:17     | Bought 2 potions of agility for 65 gold pieces
 63818 | D:17     | Bought a potion of curing for 26 gold pieces
 63818 | D:17     | Bought 2 potions of speed for 143 gold pieces
 63818 | D:17     | Bought a potion of magic for 91 gold pieces
 63818 | D:17     | Bought a potion of flight for 39 gold pieces
 63818 | D:17     | Bought a potion of heal wounds for 39 gold pieces
 64547 | Snake:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Snake Pit
 65604 | Snake:1  | Learned a level 9 spell: Fire Storm
 66145 | Snake:2  | Found Grenexih's Magic Scroll Shop.
 66199 | Snake:2  | Bought a scroll of identify for 30 gold pieces
 66199 | Snake:2  | Bought a scroll of torment for 112 gold pieces
 66199 | Snake:2  | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 45 gold pieces
 66199 | Snake:2  | Bought a scroll of blinking for 82 gold pieces
 66199 | Snake:2  | Bought a scroll of identify for 30 gold pieces
 66576 | Snake:2  | Noticed Lamia
 66589 | Snake:2  | Killed Lamia
 66879 | Snake:2  | Noticed Wiglaf
 66884 | Snake:2  | Killed Wiglaf
 67084 | Snake:2  | Noticed Norris
 67537 | Snake:2  | Killed Norris
 67537 | Snake:2  | Reached skill level 20 in Conjurations
 68674 | Snake:3  | Found Kuat's Gadget Emporium.
 70398 | Snake:4  | Reached skill level 15 in Fire Magic
 71173 | Snake:5  | Entered Level 5 of the Snake Pit
 71173 | Snake:5  | Found Cebrat's Magical Wand Emporium.
 71225 | Snake:5  | Found Gudau's Weapon Shoppe.
 71296 | Snake:5  | Noticed Aizul
 71301 | Snake:5  | Killed Aizul
 71389 | Snake:5  | Found Klussuq's Magic Scroll Shop.
 71410 | Snake:5  | Bought a scroll of remove curse for 54 gold pieces
 71410 | Snake:5  | Bought a scroll of brand weapon for 360 gold pieces
 71410 | Snake:5  | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 54 gold pieces
 71410 | Snake:5  | Bought a scroll of recharging for 99 gold pieces
 71410 | Snake:5  | Bought 3 scrolls of fog for 108 gold pieces
 71410 | Snake:5  | Bought a scroll of identify for 36 gold pieces
 71485 | Snake:5  | Noticed Mara
 71495 | Snake:5  | Noticed BoredOne's illusion
 71707 | Snake:5  | Found Klaisu's Weapon Shop.
 72262 | Snake:5  | Noticed Mara
 72262 | Snake:5  | Noticed Mara
 72279 | Snake:5  | Noticed Mara
 72636 | Snake:5  | Noticed Jory
 72646 | Snake:5  | Killed Jory
 72646 | Snake:5  | Reached skill level 16 in Fire Magic
 72646 | Snake:5  | Reached XP level 18. HP: 123/123 MP: 15/40
 72870 | Snake:5  | Noticed BoredOne's illusion
 72872 | Snake:5  | Noticed Mara
 72872 | Snake:5  | Noticed Mara
 72875 | Snake:5  | Killed Mara
 74236 | Snake:5  | Noticed Jorgrun
 74267 | Snake:5  | Killed Jorgrun
 74267 | Snake:5  | Reached skill level 17 in Fire Magic
 74546 | Snake:5  | Got a serpentine rune of Zot
 75015 | Lair:4   | the hole to the Spider Nest was a mimic.
 75267 | Shoals:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Shoals
 75619 | Shoals:1 | Got a flickering silver ring
 75622 | Shoals:1 | Identified the ring of Tweysa {SustAb +Blink} (You found it on level 1 of the Shoals)
 76929 | Shoals:3 | Reached skill level 18 in Fire Magic
 78954 | Shoals:4 | HP: 18/123 [harpy (11)]
 79404 | Shoals:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Shoals
 79506 | Shoals:5 | Got a dazzling shield
 80113 | Shoals:5 | Noticed Ilsuiw
 80119 | Shoals:5 | Killed Ilsuiw
 80119 | Shoals:5 | Reached skill level 19 in Fire Magic
 80465 | Shoals:5 | Identified the cursed -2 shield "Kure" {SInv} (You found it on level 5 of the Shoals)
 81586 | Shoals:5 | Got a barnacled rune of Zot
 81902 | Lair:2   | XOM: silly message
 82127 | Elf:3    | Entered Level 3 of the Elven Halls
 82305 | Elf:3    | Reached XP level 19. HP: 129/129 MP: 28/40
 83801 | Elf:3    | Reached skill level 20 in Fire Magic
 84310 | Elf:3    | Identified the Reference Book on Congealing Attacks
 84320 | Elf:3    | Got a warped sling
 84342 | Elf:3    | Identified the Compendium of Helpful Curses
 84346 | Elf:3    | Got a steaming quarterstaff
 84347 | Elf:3    | Identified the sling of Crusades {frost, -Cast rElec rN+ Dex+2} (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 84351 | Elf:3    | Identified the quarterstaff of Shrieking Terror {venom, +Fly rElec Str+2} (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 84499 | Elf:3    | Got an ancient steel ring
 84545 | Elf:3    | Got a steaming bow
 84546 | Elf:3    | Identified the bow of the Hidden Wonders {velocity, rC+} (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 84901 | Lair:2   | Learned a level 7 spell: Ring of Flames
 85704 | D:18     | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
 85705 | D:18     | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
 85711 | D:18     | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
 85803 | D:18     | Reached skill level 1 in Charms
 86083 | D:18     | BoredOne: Hi Kids!
 86083 | D:18     | BoredOne: Do you like violence?
 86083 | D:18     | BoredOne: :)
 86552 | D:19     | Reached skill level 2 in Charms
 86928 | D:19     | Found a blossoming altar of Fedhas.
 87685 | D:18     | Reached skill level 3 in Charms
 87791 | D:19     | Identified the ring "Ytul Onn" {SustAb MR++} (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 88112 | D:19     | Found a staircase to the Vaults.
 88124 | Vaults:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 89179 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 4 in Charms
 89563 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 18 in Spellcasting
 90213 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 5 in Charms
 92177 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 6 in Charms
 93004 | Vaults:2 | Reached XP level 20. HP: 136/136 MP: 33/42
 93169 | Vaults:2 | Learned a level 6 spell: Deflect Missiles
 93355 | Vaults:2 | Reached skill level 7 in Charms
 93901 | Vaults:2 | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 94812 | Vaults:2 | Reached skill level 8 in Charms
 96003 | Vaults:3 | Noticed Mennas
 96529 | Vaults:3 | Noticed Roxanne
 96696 | Vaults:3 | Killed Roxanne
 96696 | Vaults:3 | Reached skill level 19 in Spellcasting
 96797 | Vaults:3 | Identified Roxanne's Tome of Clay and Shape Shifting (You took it off Roxanne on level 3 of the Vaults)
 96825 | Vaults:3 | Reached skill level 9 in Charms
 98495 | Vaults:3 | Got an ancient quarterstaff
 98499 | Vaults:3 | Identified the quarterstaff of Secetyi {venom, +Blink rElec} (You found it on level 3 of the Vaults)
 99853 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 10 in Charms
100070 | Vaults:4 | Reached XP level 21. HP: 143/143 MP: 43/43
100374 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 11 in Charms
100980 | Vaults:4 | Found Wucuav's Armour Shop.
101260 | Vaults:4 | HP: 25/143 [yaktaur/ bolt (16)]
101260 | Vaults:4 | HP: 9/143 [yaktaur/ bolt of penetration (16)]
101394 | Vaults:4 | HP: 26/143 [tengu reaver/fireball (54)]
102055 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 20 in Spellcasting
102180 | Vaults:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Vaults
102184 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 12 in Charms
102697 | Vaults:5 | HP: 19/143 [tentacled monstrosity (12)]
102700 | Vaults:5 | Slain by a vault warden

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Unarmed           |    30 |       |       |     1 |       |       |       ||    31
       Dagger            |   108 |   142 |    61 |       |       |       |       ||   311
       War axe           |       |       |   101 |       |       |       |       ||   101
       Staff             |       |       |    20 |    92 |   271 |    16 |     8 ||   407
       Falchion          |       |       |       |   115 |       |       |       ||   115
       Demon trident     |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |       ||     2
Throw: Dart              |       |       |       |       |     7 |     3 |       ||    10
       Javelin           |       |       |       |       |       |    14 |       ||    14
 Cast: Magic Dart        |    81 |    71 |   253 |   251 |    34 |       |     3 ||   693
       Mephitic Cloud    |       |     5 |    19 |    10 |       |       |       ||    34
       Call Imp          |       |     2 |     7 |       |       |       |       ||     9
       Conjure Flame     |       |       |     5 |    19 |       |     2 |       ||    26
       Shock             |       |       |    32 |   105 |    58 |       |       ||   195
       Repel Missiles    |       |       |     2 |     1 |     4 |       |     1 ||     8
       Fireball          |       |       |     7 |   193 |   407 |   709 |   118 ||  1434
       Blink             |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |     1 ||     2
       Bolt of Fire      |       |       |       |    38 |   461 |   436 |   339 ||  1274
       Ignite Poison     |       |       |       |     5 |     9 |     1 |       ||    15
       Delayed Fireball  |       |       |       |       |     6 |     6 |     3 ||    15
       Orb of Destructio |       |       |       |       |     8 |    22 |    15 ||    45
       Regeneration      |       |       |       |       |     1 |    12 |     4 ||    17
       Abjuration        |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |       ||     3
       Fire Storm        |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |   147 ||   149
       Apportation       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |       ||     2
       Ring of Flames    |       |       |       |       |       |       |     9 ||     9
       Deflect Missiles  |       |       |       |       |       |       |     3 ||     3
 Abil: Breathe Sticky Fl |       |       |    13 |    24 |    10 |     9 |     5 ||    61
       Release Delayed F |       |       |       |       |     5 |     5 |     3 ||    13
       Evoke Flight      |       |       |       |       |       |       |     3 ||     3
       Stop Flying       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 ||     1
       Evoke Fog         |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 ||     1
Evoke: Wand              |       |       |     1 |    11 |    14 |    12 |     4 ||    42
       Deck              |       |       |       |       |       |    10 |     5 ||    15
  Use: Potion            |     2 |     5 |     2 |     4 |    14 |    17 |     8 ||    52
       Scroll            |       |     4 |     5 |    15 |    27 |    39 |     8 ||    98
 Stab: Confused          |       |     1 |     3 |     1 |       |       |       ||     5
       Sleeping          |       |     2 |     1 |     1 |       |       |       ||     4

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 13th February 2014, 13:28

pretty bad defences there, schussel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 13th February 2014, 17:14

- Level 3.5 Fighting
- Level 1.8 Dodging

This != strong character

Furthermore, the lesson to learn is that getting constricted by a speed 10 monster in a bad place with lot of dangerous monster around and terrible defences is straight suicide.
Plus, staying in that situation without haste (!) and other buffs is even worse.

t - Control Teleport
B - Blink

Finally, this (among the various resources you had) would have been the first thing could easily save your char.
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

For this message the author nago has received thanks: 3
Amnesiac, Sar, savageorange

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 14th February 2014, 14:03

Lootluck can be crazy .. evading a bunch of glaivewielding orc knights can net you this as early as D:10

i - the +14 gold dragon armour of Kheolur (worn) {rPois rF+ rC+ Dex+4 Int+3}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 21st February 2014, 23:51

Using ring of teleportation to avoid ambush was not the most brilliant idea.

Edit. Lol, I forgot to remove ring of teleportation while waiting for the teleport and it teleported me away in 2 turns.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 22nd February 2014, 06:57

Robe of the Archmagi is on D:9 and costs 17 gold.
There is an entrance to Priurch's Antique Armour Shoppe here.
C - a runed robe
Thank you for shopping at Priurch's Antique Armour Shoppe!
Wear which item? (? for menu, Esc to quit)
You start putting on your armour.
You continue putting on your runed robe.
You finish putting on your +2 robe of the Archmagi.
You feel powerful.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 22nd February 2014, 07:04

Schussel wrote:i - the +14 gold dragon armour of Kheolur (worn) {rPois rF+ rC+ Dex+4 Int+3}

int+3. because you will be casting as crazy in GDA. :lol:

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 22nd February 2014, 07:47

A lot of characters would want to cast in that, actually.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 22nd February 2014, 08:02

seriously? how much skill someone would need to cast repel missiles on that thing?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 22nd February 2014, 08:21

Haste at 1% in CPA without wizardry, and could have had it at, say, 8% with much less charms/spellcasting skill. And that character trained a bunch of tloc just to be funny (note how it never actually used cblink). GDA isn't too much harder.

The main reason GDA/CPA casting is uncommon is that it is very rare for those items to actually appear early enough to be useful, particularly in the case of GDA since it is the worse of the two. Of course maybe a Dg is a bit of an unfair example, here's one with a weaker race (again, deliberate overtraining here).

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
Hirsch I
PreviousNext

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice