List your favourite builds

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 10th March 2014, 14:33

Re: List your favourite builds

I've seen players go Kiku -> Vehumet also, Kiku was used to get Necronomicon and other Necromancy spells, Vehumet was used for level 9 spells and mana/range in Ziggurats.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 10th March 2014, 14:57

Sandman25 wrote:I've seen players go Kiku -> Vehumet also, Kiku was used to get Necronomicon and other Necromancy spells, Vehumet was used for level 9 spells and mana/range in Ziggurats.

Well, I also like Necromutation, but I simply go Veh all the way. The Necronomicon (and other necro spells) I will find somewhere sooner or later.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 10th March 2014, 14:58

The same here. I almost never abandon gods.

Barkeep

Post Monday, 10th March 2014, 17:48

arcanist wrote:
Magipi wrote:You go from Vehumet to Kiku? Why?

after you get the storm of your choice castable without wisardy enhancer with vehumet I dont see why would I favor Vehu over kiku. Kiku gives you so much - infinite mana with sublimation, not having to worry about food, hordes of simulacra and protection from torment/death curses (and possibly mutation immunity in form of necromutation). the only backside is that vehumet sends you to the goddamned abyss which I really really hate - but again with storm spells online this pain is much less.

Kiku is really good, of course. But the main advantage of Vehumet's wizardry boost is that it lets you cast stronger spells faster, and then you can leverage that as a discount on experience so that you still have lots of fire power for your point in the game, but also don't suck in terms of EV, HP, being able to hit stuff, etc. On a long enough time line I guess the wizardry boost is eventually eclipsed, but not for a very long time (unless you are drastically neglecting core skills like dodging, a weapon skill, and fighting). Also you get better range and MP on kills, which are very powerful passive abilities. Taking Vehumet specifically just to get one spell (especially with his revised gifting system) is a waste.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 10th March 2014, 17:53

Even with maxed skills Vehumet's wizardry does not become useless, it allows to wear heavier armour. I was shocked when I spectated DE in CPA who cast level 9 spells.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 31st May 2014, 18:48

Merfolk Skald

It's rocky to start with but i figured out how to properly allocate skills in the beginning to make playing this combo easy. Later on you can try 2 branded demon tridents attacking - while hasted - with infusion on for a killer combo. And we haven't even added any extra buffs from gods or the game yet. With other buffs added on, I don't think even a berserker could have a higher damage output. The main draw back is defense. You can't wear heavy armor and while high evasion my be good it only gets you so far. That and this character's reliance on the game for key spells. Without repel or deflect missile, you won't get far. Haste is also one of the main points of using this character.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 31st May 2014, 18:55

I worn plate armour on two of my Mf wins (one of which was a Skald), I don't think Repel or Deflect Missiles is necessary (it's handy to have but that's it), Haste is great but you can get it from potions and wands if spell did not drop.

Also I would probably go for bardiche unless I had a really good shield drop for me early, since Merfolk have pretty absurd Polearms aptitude.
Last edited by Sar on Saturday, 31st May 2014, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 31st May 2014, 18:57

You can get great AC even with armour as light as mottled dragon armour, and MfSk should have no problem in heavier armour (fire/ice/pearl dragon armours) if you so choose, without compromising EV too much - you would just have to invest more exp into spell skills.

With other buffs added on, I don't think even a berserker could have a higher damage output.

Well, a MfSk with a bardiche would have higher damage output than your build.

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 2nd June 2014, 02:08

Demonspawn Chaos Knight, for maximum amusement
114491 | Pan | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
114491 | Pan | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
114492 | Pan | Killed Gloorx Vloq

true lords of shadow NEVER sleep

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 2nd June 2014, 12:52

I'm loitering around the latest Linux trunk build because of a combo I won't be able to play anymore... Lava Orc Fighter of Qazlal.

The reason? Making all the bad decisions (mostly standing in the middle of a room cleaving). Even though it's probably still a terrible idea to fight in open spaces, thanks to its three sources of AoE (heat, storms and axe) I had a blast ditching the usual "lure to a corridor" strategy and yoloing in the middle of packs until I stood alone.

I guess I can replicate the idea with Minotaur or to a lesser extent Deep Dwarf but still... Lava Orc will be missed :(

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 2nd June 2014, 12:56

Steel Neuron wrote:I'm loitering around the latest Linux trunk build because of a combo I won't be able to play anymore... Lava Orc Fighter of Qazlal.

The reason? Making all the bad decisions (mostly standing in the middle of a room cleaving). Even though it's probably still a terrible idea to fight in open spaces, thanks to its three sources of AoE (heat, storms and axe) I had a blast ditching the usual "lure to a corridor" strategy and yoloing in the middle of packs until I stood alone.

I guess I can replicate the idea with Minotaur or to a lesser extent Deep Dwarf but still... Lava Orc will be missed :(

Indeed. I am hardpressed to find a reason why it was axed so to speak. Loved LOling.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 2nd June 2014, 15:44

Lyrick wrote:Demonspawn Chaos Knight, for maximum amusement

Technically DsWa of Xom would be max crazyness.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 3rd June 2014, 13:23

Hopeless wrote:
Steel Neuron wrote:I'm loitering around the latest Linux trunk build because of a combo I won't be able to play anymore... Lava Orc Fighter of Qazlal.

Indeed. I am hardpressed to find a reason why it was axed so to speak. Loved LOling.

Just yesterday I had a LoFi of Qazlal fall to the blows of Crebov. Last warlord of his kind. :P
Previous

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice