Simulacrum, only on corpse?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 28th July 2015, 00:45

Simulacrum, only on corpse?

Hello !
I don't understand what Simulacrum can animate.
I mean, the wiki says "Simulacrum is (...) spell which converts wielded chunks, sausages, beef jerkys, or meat rations into undead beings made of ice.
The problem is that simulacrum actually doesn't affect my chunks, sausages, beef jerkys and meat rations, wielded or not. It only affect fresh corpse under my foots, like animate skeleton.

So what is it ? The wiki is out-dated or something?

Thanks in advance

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 28th July 2015, 00:53

Re: Simulacrum, only on corpse?

Yes, the wiki is outdated, the game has frequent updates and the wiki can't always keep up.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 28th July 2015, 06:08

You know; the wiki could be good if someone treated it as a priority. I mean updating it takes far less effort than writing a patch. (generally)
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 28th July 2015, 11:26

Rather than "someone" keeping it updated, it would probably work better if it was a tradition that, if you updated the code, you also updated the relevant wiki articles. But that's asking a lot.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 28th July 2015, 16:19

Also the wiki isn't actually part of the dcss project or its documentation, but rather a completely separate thing with totally different goals, (I.e. There are a lot of details that the wiki maintainers want on the wiki that the game maintainers don't want in the game)

It seems reasonable to ask developers to maintain the projects documentation when the changes they make impact it (I.e. help and manual) which as I understand it is the intention. Asking developers to update any and all fan sites which may have outdated information it a bit of a stretch.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks: 3
duvessa, Lasty, nago

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 28th July 2015, 20:32

I've removed all references to animating beef jerkies - does anyone see anything else wrong on the page? I'm not sure about the "monster version" in particular, if they still apport/animate corpses like that. If they do, what's the aut time it takes them to do it?

Also, is there still a difference between "shapeshifter" and "glowing shapeshifter"? I think those monsters have been merged into just shapeshifters, and the wiki monster page seems to have not noticed the merge and has both monsters being the old separate versions.

If everything else looks good then I'll update the version number on the page, for now, I left it at .13

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 28th July 2015, 20:37

I'm pretty sure there are still two types of shapeshifter. The glowing ones switch forms (and heal, for some reason) really fast.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 29th July 2015, 00:19

Siegurt wrote:Also the wiki isn't actually part of the dcss project or its documentation, but rather a completely separate thing with totally different goals, (I.e. There are a lot of details that the wiki maintainers want on the wiki that the game maintainers don't want in the game)

It seems reasonable to ask developers to maintain the projects documentation when the changes they make impact it (I.e. help and manual) which as I understand it is the intention. Asking developers to update any and all fan sites which may have outdated information it a bit of a stretch.
Some devs are not even allowed to edit that wiki!

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice