amulet of warding randart

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 13th July 2015, 22:41

amulet of warding randart

hi there. i was wondering: the page http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Randart says that randart amulets of warding with rN+ give rN++, but mine doesn't. the page says it's outdated, so this has been changed? thanks.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 13th July 2015, 23:09

Re: amulet of warding randart

While a ring of life protection cannot have additional negative energy resistance, an amulet of warding can, so an amulet of warding with rN+ does give rN++

Bolding is mine.

From how I read it, it's just saying that amulets of warding CAN roll an additional rN+, for a total of rN++. It doesn't say that this always happens. From what I know, I believe this is correct, but it is true (as you said) that the page is pretty old so I can't vouch for everything on the page as a whole.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 13th July 2015, 23:28

sorry: i meant that despite the wiki page, my random artifact amulet of warding that includes rN+ does not in fact give me rN++ when i wear it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 13th July 2015, 23:37

The rN+ that shows in the randart description is the built in rN+ that comes with warding, it will show rN++ if that is what it provides.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 13th July 2015, 23:57

oh, i see. a regular amulet of warding has the rN+ hidden in the inventory list, but when it's a randart and shows it's other stats, it shows the rN+ too, guess. thanks for your help.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice