Demonspawn

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 1st January 2011, 20:42

Demonspawn

I love playing as a demonspawn. The mutations are great! :D I've tried a couple classes, but any suggestions on ones that work for you?

xtc

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 1st January 2011, 20:49

Re: Demonspawn

I have had good luck so far with Conjurer or Wizard, but thats just me. I make it to about the Lair on average. Fun builds though.

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 1st January 2011, 20:55

Thanks, haven't tried those yet. I do pretty good with Hunters, getting to Experience Level 10 on average.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 2nd January 2011, 01:06

Eh really the only success I've had with Demonspawn was making him a Chaos Knight of Makhleb and just using Minor Destruction for enough levels until the mutations give me an edge in any one particular field (either physical or magic). It's a toss of luck all the way, though, sometimes you get stuck with crap mutations and it never really pans out.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 2nd January 2011, 08:36

My first win was with a Demonspawn Fighter of Okawaru.

I went mostly with blades and backup spells (regen, blink, CTele, Meph).

I was lucky to get a brutal combination of mutations (PbD, Passive Freeze, Nightstalker) and a powerful katana of freezing with multiple resistances.

Demonspawns work well with almost any background. I prefer necromancers, wizards and fighters, but anything is cool for a DS. I tend to go hybrid until my mutations tell me to go one way or the other.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 3rd January 2011, 20:34

Yeah, It really depends on the mutations you get. Once, i had a killer combo of flame breath, colorless scales, and spines. He was pretty great till i tele'd right into a mob of monsters.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice