REAVER advice plz

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 23rd June 2015, 15:36

REAVER advice plz

I have to do this! I want a demigod that can blast conjurations and swing his weapon around like <censored>. AND I NEED YOUR HELP!

IDC if its bad! Leveling conjurations and melee seem like two different ways to do the same thing. Would be easier to do one or the other. BUT THERE MUST BE A WAY. So for my questions. Lets say starting DgIe (could fe/ conj work too?). Should i only level up weapon when i find something good? How do I allocate stats? Should i just dump into int? Would i need str/dex since i want to melee as well?? Is fda/storm/ida viable with casting higher level conjurations (level 6 freezing cloud/ bolt spells ect) Any other advice is appreciated.

I love you all <33 xoxo

For this message the author dildosagginz has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 23rd June 2015, 15:49

Re: REAVER advice plz

I haven't played with new Dg yet (not sure if it is easier or harder than the old one) but here is some DgCj example.
Level 6-7 spells and triple sword.
As you can see I was a pure conjurer before Lair 4-7
  Code:
 17809 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 1 in Fighting
 22624 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 1 in Long Blades

I am sure it was suboptimal but it shows how powerful DgCj can be even if it relies on MP only.

Code:
Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 | 25-27 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Dagger            |     4 |       |       |     6 |       |       |       |       |       ||    10
       Claymore          |       |       |       |       |   471 |   664 |   820 |  1146 |  6283 ||  9384

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 23rd June 2015, 16:00

Hmmmm yesss yesssssssss.. This is old dg you sayyy? How did you allocate stats? all int? I notice that you only leveled ice/ conjurations to 13 and mostly focused on your melee skills. Very helpful this is.. With new dg should i spread out my stats to str/dex? I'm unsure of that

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 23rd June 2015, 16:27

dildosagginz wrote:Hmmmm yesss yesssssssss.. This is old dg you sayyy? How did you allocate stats? all int? I notice that you only leveled ice/ conjurations to 13 and mostly focused on your melee skills. Very helpful this is.. With new dg should i spread out my stats to str/dex? I'm unsure of that

I think I put first points into Int for easier early game where I relied on spells. Later points got to Dex because I wasn't going for level 9 spells and wanted to get higher EV instead. Str is not important for me unless I find a very good heavy armour early and want to become a melee mostly character (armour of the dragon king or CPA, for example). That character used PDA with Str 15 and it was good enough.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 23rd June 2015, 20:06

When I play a true hybrid, I start out with magic and put all points into int. Then at some point mid-lair or post-lair I find a good weapon to use into the endgame - usually one that doesn't require a huge skill investment. Demon tridents are particularly good because they work well with spectral weapon, have a low XP cost, and let you keep enemies at a distance. Once I find the weapon it's time to enchant it, and train the weapon 100% until it reaches minimum delay. It is also a good idea to pick up many buffs, such as repel missiles (or better, deflect missiles), phase shift, song of slaying, spectral weapon, regeneration, ozo's armour or stoneskin, and haste. Your high int will help you get all this stuff. It is also a good idea to pick up a buckler and train 5 levels of shields, assuming your weapon is one handed.
streaks: 5 fifteen rune octopodes. 15 diverse chars. 13 random chars. 24 NaWn^gozag.
251 total wins Berder hyperborean + misc
83/108 recent wins (76%)
guides: safe tactics value of ac/ev/sh forum toxicity

For this message the author Berder has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, Sar

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice