Do ?Blink and ?Tele affect each other?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 30th June 2015, 13:36

Do ?Blink and ?Tele affect each other?

I had a pants-browning episode this morning on the concentric-circles Depths vault. I bailed from one hairy encounter (Titan + Storm Dragon without rElec) with a ?Tele and ended up in the central chamber. I read another ?Tele, and then used a ?Blink to try to gain some space while I waited for the Tele to kick in. In a few turns, I was back at the spot where I had originally landed in the central chamber. Whether I was at exactly the same spot or just very close to it, it wasn't on my mind to confirm at the moment. I ended up escaping to the Abyss (HOAK) and survived the encounter.

Was it sheer coincidence that my third teleport landed me back at pretty much the same place that my second tele had landed me, or is there some interaction between Blink and Tele scrolls that conspired to make for some extra excitement here?
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 30th June 2015, 13:44

Re: Do ?Blink and ?Tele affect each other?

Sheer coincidence. Teleportation can place you anywhere, even (IIRC) the same place you teleported from.

For this message the author Lasty has received thanks:
MainiacJoe

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice