Teleport other on sharks?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 29th April 2015, 03:30

Teleport other on sharks?

If you Teleport Other on a shark, will it Tport only into water or anywhere on the map?
I think it would be awesome/hilarious to find a flopping shark in a hallway somewhere.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 29th April 2015, 05:06

Re: Teleport other on sharks?

atomicknyte wrote:If you Teleport Other on a shark, will it Tport only into water or anywhere on the map?
I think it would be awesome/hilarious to find a flopping shark in a hallway somewhere.

Seafaring creatures can indeed be teleported to non-water squares, typically to die after a little while.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dis Charger

Post Wednesday, 29th April 2015, 05:15

Siegurt wrote:
atomicknyte wrote:If you Teleport Other on a shark, will it Tport only into water or anywhere on the map?

Seafaring creatures can indeed be teleported to non-water squares, typically to die after a little while.
Would this be an effective method of dispatching Electric Eels on a Wp start then? Also do you get full XP for this 'kill'?
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 29th April 2015, 09:25

Siegurt wrote:

Neither monsters nor players can be teleported into terrain that they can't survive on.

For this message the author Kate has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, Rast

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 29th April 2015, 15:07

But they used to be able to be trampled out of their terrain. I recall charming an elephant that trampled a shark onto dry land. Haven't tried again for several versions.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 29th April 2015, 20:38

MarvinPA wrote:
Siegurt wrote:

Neither monsters nor players can be teleported into terrain that they can't survive on.

Man I'm off today, I was probably thinking of drying up water with sunlight, I know mobs that can't survive on land do die after a while (Oh, and the trampling thing was fixed recently as well)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice