shadowform

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 16th April 2015, 13:15

shadowform

Do you stay in shadowform longer the more you train ivo? or does it just improve the success rate? i just tryed it with ivo at around 8 and i was only in form for a very short period of time.
Thanks for helpin noobs :)

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 17th April 2015, 09:27

Re: shadowform

Anyone know? wiki doesnt say anything about it and i dont rlly wanna dump exp into it if its not gonna help out the duration, which seems pretty short.

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 17th April 2015, 12:07

Yes, the duration is based on Invocations skill, and nothing else. It's something like 20 + 4d(Evocations skill) (note that this is not the actual formula, just approximately pretty close).

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 17th April 2015, 14:48

Awesome thanks. I'm playing as a vampire stabber I'm trying to figure out a good number to get it to. I prolly don't want to max it out right? Maybe put invocation till what 14 15? I have it at 8 now and just got a manual. Also what are some good was of still dealing damage while in shadow form. Wiki days disc of storms spam is good. Are there any other good ways of having a good amount of offense while in shadow form? Summons maybe, I got a manual of summons which summon spell is a good one to be my staple in your guys opinion?
Hey thanks alot I really appreciate the help here and I'm really liking this game.

Ohh one more thing. I've got max stealth when I look at my character sheet but it doesn't ever rlly max out I thought I read somewhere. So I should keep training it or should I just leave it at 17 where it is now? I'm lvl 18 max piety with dith. Thanks again!

Barkeep

Post Friday, 17th April 2015, 15:00

Evocations in general should be good -- if you have some nice rods or something. Summons often don't depend too much on spell power. Stabbing is fine because half of "a friggin' ton" is still enough to one-shot most things. Scrolls of torment won't kill dudes but will sure soften them up. If you're bloodless, you won't even take damage.

But generally, I don't think you're gonna spend a lot of time killing dudes in shadow form.

I wouldn't max invo on Dith; I'd probably train until Shadow Form was at a good failure rate and leave it.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice