Your attack speed is quite fast

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 10th April 2015, 21:39

Your attack speed is quite fast

My character picked up "a - the +9 long sword of Earthquakes (weapon) {speed, rElec rC+ Str+2 Int+5}" and immediately began training long blades. At 6.4 Lbl, I check my attack speed with '@' and get four different messages:

"Your attack speed is quite fast."
"Your attack speed is quite fast (and cannot be increased with skill)."
"Your attack speed is above average."
"Your attack speed is above average (and cannot be increased with skill)."

Does anyone know what this means? I'm just standing in one place and mashing '@', why am I receiving different messages? I'm not already at minimum delay with this weapon, right?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 10th April 2015, 23:36

Re: Your attack speed is quite fast

Looks like a bug with the speed flag? It should only print out one string, did you get all four at once, or do they alternate? Assuming I'm right about base delay on long swords being 14, you would reach min delay of 7 at 14 skill, so keep training long blades until then.

That's about as amazing of a long sword as you'll ever find, but long swords aren't the greatest base type, so you may want to upgrade to a better base type (demon blade, double sword, great sword, claymore) eventually. It's a pretty good weapon for a while, though.

You should probably report it on mantis.

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
yesno

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 11th April 2015, 00:52

Re: Your attack speed is quite fast

tasonir wrote:Looks like a bug with the speed flag? It should only print out one string, did you get all four at once, or do they alternate? Assuming I'm right about base delay on long swords being 14, you would reach min delay of 7 at 14 skill, so keep training long blades until then.

it prints one of the four at random (as far as i can tell) each time i press '@'. i'll report it.

tasonir wrote:That's about as amazing of a long sword as you'll ever find, but long swords aren't the greatest base type, so you may want to upgrade to a better base type (demon blade, double sword, great sword, claymore) eventually. It's a pretty good weapon for a while, though.

finding a demon blade would be nice, i'm VpEE and heavily focused on casting though so the +5 int is going a long way. the same character also found: the ring "Raanisot" (right hand) {Contam rElec MP+9 AC+5 Stlth+} and a ring of +4 int 8-)

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice