Is Ru a good god for Melee? a MiFi or such..

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 8th April 2015, 01:57

Is Ru a good god for Melee? a MiFi or such..

came back to see 0.16 is released and a few gods ive never seen before lol, how good would Ru be for a mainly melee char? seems Oka got nerfed a bit?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 8th April 2015, 05:59

Re: Is Ru a good god for Melee? a MiFi or such..

I don't think Oka has changed in a really really long time, his only really recent change is you don't have to sac corpses for piety any longer (just kill stuff) sometimes this *might* make his piety harder to get, but personally, I haven't had an issue with it.

Ru's a pretty good god for melee users (Really, he's just a good generalist)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 8th April 2015, 06:37

It was a big nerf to okawaru piety actually (other corpse sacrifice gods too). Heroism cost was also increased by 50% a while ago.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 8th April 2015, 07:33

Ru is so good for melee that I just won a game with one hand tied behind my...actually that hand is just gone

http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue//tedric/morgue-tedric-20150408-070340.txt
Wins (Does not include my GrEE^Veh 15-runer...stupid experimental branch)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 8th April 2015, 15:30

Ru is great for anything; you just have to wait for the right sacrifices and sometimes hit reject sacrifices and be patient.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 8th April 2015, 16:07

Just don't take off an amulet of faith multiple times, you'll never get offered sacrifices again.
Comborobin Admin

mps

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 8th April 2015, 16:29

duvessa wrote:It was a big nerf to okawaru piety actually (other corpse sacrifice gods too). Heroism cost was also increased by 50% a while ago.

Yeah, apparently it's now reached Trog in trunk. This has a significant impact on speedrunning, due to fewer/later god gifts.

Devs should work out the right adjustment to make to piety gain on kills to compensate for loss of corpse sacrifice piety. Should just be a bonus to monsters that drop corpses.
Dungeon Crawling Advice tl;dr: Protect ya neck.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 8th April 2015, 17:04

The nerf was intentional, sacrifice piety is unlikely to actually get compensated for.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
mps

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 9th April 2015, 18:33

Oka is kinda shitty right now, with the double whammy of decreased overall piety, and increased heroism cost. At least, Oka's the weakest he's ever been(for non summoners), which is weak enough for me to consider him shitty...

At the very least, Oka should give piety for all kills, not just 'challenging' kills. All that usually means is you lose a lot of piety clearing the orc mines.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 9th April 2015, 21:33

Yes, Ru is a good god. Sacrifice a hand. Don't sacrifice both potions and scrolls - only potions is best. Use the apocalypse ability any time you're unsure of your ability to kill everything without it. Don't power leap much once you have apocalypse, since it interferes with apocalypse.
streaks: 5 fifteen rune octopodes. 15 diverse chars. 13 random chars. 24 NaWn^gozag.
251 total wins Berder hyperborean + misc
83/108 recent wins (76%)
guides: safe tactics value of ac/ev/sh forum toxicity

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice