Finding and posting dumps

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 4th February 2015, 13:21

Finding and posting dumps

Hi!
I'm pretty much incompetent at using anything computer code related, and I'd really like to know how to find and post dumps of my chars.
If someone could walk me through it, I'd really appreciate it, since I'm trying to get better at crawl, and some general pointers for specific chars would really help.
I use the tiles version, if that changes anything.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Wednesday, 4th February 2015, 13:35

Re: Finding and posting dumps

Online or offline? That is the real question.

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 4th February 2015, 14:23

Magipi wrote:Online or offline? That is the real question.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Wednesday, 4th February 2015, 15:53

In your Crawl directory (wherever it is) there is a Morgue directory, and that contains the dumps in txt format. The current one is charactername.txt.

When you post it here, use the [Code] tags.

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 4th February 2015, 16:31

Magipi wrote:In your Crawl directory (wherever it is) there is a Morgue directory, and that contains the dumps in txt format. The current one is charactername.txt.

When you post it here, use the [Code] tags.

Ah, fair enough - I'll try to look for it then,
Thanks!

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 4th February 2015, 16:40

Presumably, if you used the installer, it would likely have placed Crawl in your C:\Program Files (x86)\ directory (with no x86 if you're on an older non 64bit system). Though I wouldn't know as I use the zips myself.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?"

My Games/Anime/Weirdness blog: http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 4th February 2015, 17:09

eharper256 wrote:Presumably, if you used the installer, it would likely have placed Crawl in your C:\Program Files (x86)\ directory (with no x86 if you're on an older non 64bit system). Though I wouldn't know as I use the zips myself.

I can find my crawl folder, but I can't for the life of me find the morque file, I'll attempt to find it through a search and then try to post my current character in the CIP thread.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 4th February 2015, 18:20

I think the installer might set your morgue directory somewhere in your appdata folder (which is a hidden folder, thanks Microsoft), but I'm not going to try it myself to check.

For this message the author crate has received thanks:
Doomdude

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 4th February 2015, 18:46

crate wrote:I think the installer might set your morgue directory somewhere in your appdata folder (which is a hidden folder, thanks Microsoft), but I'm not going to try it myself to check.

If that is the case, go into My Computer and type %appdata% into the address bar. Gets you there in a jiffy. Obviously, you'll need to be an admin on Vista or later, mind you.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?"

My Games/Anime/Weirdness blog: http://detarame.wordpress.com/

For this message the author eharper256 has received thanks:
Doomdude

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 4th February 2015, 19:22

eharper256 wrote:
crate wrote:I think the installer might set your morgue directory somewhere in your appdata folder (which is a hidden folder, thanks Microsoft), but I'm not going to try it myself to check.

If that is the case, go into My Computer and type %appdata% into the address bar. Gets you there in a jiffy. Obviously, you'll need to be an admin on Vista or later, mind you.

That did the trick - unfortunately I splatted my character meanwhile, but I'll go ahead and post my dead guy in YASD. :oops:
Anyways, thanks for the responses, it'll really help me in the future! :D

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice