Penance

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 31st December 2010, 05:34

Penance

Ok, splitting this from the other thread as it's now no longer a weapon question...

Stuck in the Abyss, I decided to follow Lugonu in order to escape, of course pissing off Okawaru.

My question is - can I tell how long I will be in penance from Okawaru now? It's been about 3000 turns and I've twice had Okawaru send followers after me - I fled both times and escaped. But when I pull up my religion screen (^), it only shows me Lugonu stuff, not Okawaru. I know it wears off somehow, but I have no idea how, why or when.
  Code:
Jory screams, "No, no!" before exploding into a cloud of blood!

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 31st December 2010, 10:45

Re: Penance

I don't actually know (sorry!) but I do agree that there should be a way to see which gods are angry at you. Maybe on the Ctrl-O screen with recoloured god names? (That wouldn't work anymore once we implement altar corruption.) The ^ screen would be more intuitive, but there's just not enough space to display foreign gods.
Please report bugs to Crawl's bug tracker, and leave feedback on the development wiki. Thank you!

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 31st December 2010, 16:06

tcjsavannah wrote:Ok, splitting this from the other thread as it's now no longer a weapon question...

Stuck in the Abyss, I decided to follow Lugonu in order to escape, of course pissing off Okawaru.

My question is - can I tell how long I will be in penance from Okawaru now? It's been about 3000 turns and I've twice had Okawaru send followers after me - I fled both times and escaped. But when I pull up my religion screen (^), it only shows me Lugonu stuff, not Okawaru. I know it wears off somehow, but I have no idea how, why or when.

For me: 60k turns (Oka) and 40k turns (Lucy) iirc

To know if a god is still angry at you pray at their altar.

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 31st December 2010, 16:46

jpeg wrote:I don't actually know (sorry!) but I do agree that there should be a way to see which gods are angry at you. Maybe on the Ctrl-O screen with recoloured god names?

That's already how it works! Gods that are currently angry at you are shown in red, fading to lightred when they're almost mollified.

For this message the author Kate has received thanks:
tcjsavannah

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Saturday, 1st January 2011, 20:16

Well Oka was finally mollified after 18,246 turns. I only ever stuck around to slog it out with his summons once, the rest of the time teleporting/blinking away. Made exploring a little more interesting, but I don't think I was really ever in true danger.
  Code:
Jory screams, "No, no!" before exploding into a cloud of blood!

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 2nd January 2011, 01:05

I've died from wrath three times. Once from Okawaru, once from Trog, and once from Xom. Xom was expected, though.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice