+Twistr, How is it?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 20th January 2015, 18:48

+Twistr, How is it?

So what does the twister do, just damage? has anyone tested it? does the damage scale with evo?
thoughts/opinions?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 20th January 2015, 20:38

Re: +Twistr, How is it?

A twister is a monster that always casts tornado, right? There used to be some in Quazlal altar vaults and in some vault where you had to use it to get over lava.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 20th January 2015, 20:43

Phillip wrote:So what does the twister do, just damage? has anyone tested it? does the damage scale with evo?
thoughts/opinions?

i tried it with 20-something evo and its shit in my opinion. too random, unimpressive damage and throws you around. it might be good in zigs, i dont know
[09:23] <Sequell> kroki is a greatplayer!
[09:23] <Sequell> kroki is a greaterplayer!
[03:57] <Sequell> kroki is a polytheist!
[21:53] <Sequell> kroki is a greatberserker!

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 20th January 2015, 21:07

I found two artifact shields with it, in the same trove.

Naturally I was playing Ogre.

Evoked it once on a cleared level. It was fairly short-lived, but then my evocation wasn't that high. It didn't seem like it would do much outside of a large, open level with numerous weak enemies. In which case who cares.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 21st January 2015, 00:01

The fact that you can suffer also from its effects makes it pretty much worthless, IMO. It was fun at first, thinking it was something ultra rare, but it spawned on a half a dozen things I found.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 21st January 2015, 15:41

Similar results here. Tried it out, and it never killed what I wanted it to, and over half the time, it swooped me up and took nearly half my life.

Due to its rather unpredictable nature, I would not want to use it in an emergency.
Likewise, if I have control over the fight, It's much more efficient to just kill the monster(s) by normal means.

I'm still looking for the situational effectiveness of this ability that ends up being worthwhile.

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 22nd January 2015, 13:09

I found it to be more harm than good. You cannot target the spawn site and it will damage you. I stopped using it altogether when it spawned in the only empty chamber in a vault room with a large central room and 8 chambers around the perimeter. All other locations had nasties. That's just bad luck, but nevertheless a waste of a valuable turn in that circumstance. Why rely on luck when you don't need to.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice