VSBe ranged choice

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 14:13

VSBe ranged choice

I have been playing VSBe lately, and I have to say the seem like the most consistantly powerful combo in the game. Just wait for trog to gift you a quickblade and the game is pretty much over. The question I have is what is the best option for ranged attack with this combo? I see 3 contenders.

1. Evocables
Pro: low experience investment. Since you have a 0 aptittude and you allready want to invest in evocations to raise you MP this is a very low cost option as far as experence goes.
Con: Very limited ammo and no guarentee you will get the equipment you need.

2. Throwing
Pro: Throwing is just busted in the current version. Thirtyseven power, 5 speed, and the ability to hit up to 7 targets at once is just rediculous. You are also pretty much guarenteed to get most the ammo you need from Trog gifts.
Con: Extreeem investment of experience (at least to be optimal).

3. Crossbows
Pro: Tons of ammo, and a good launcher can make a huge difference.
Con: Although it requires less investement to be optimal, it is still generally worse than throwing for the same investment.

Bows and slings are not good options since they don't have penetration as an option. Any other options? What do you think is the best option?

Dis Charger

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 15:11

Re: VSBe ranged choice

About evocables, Trog followers have higher chance to get rod from staff acquirement. And they grant you unlimited ammo...

About Bows/Sling, I think that not having penetration isn't such a big deal, you can kill most things at the edge of LoS, before penetration to be needed... Both have virtually unlimited ammo (early find + Trog)
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 15:14

Do you need to train ranged?
  Code:
Throw: Stone             |       |       |       |       |     3 |       |       |     1 |   104 ||   108
Evoke: Wand              |       |       |     4 |     6 |     9 |    10 |     2 |    10 |    28 ||    69
       Stone of tremors  |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 ||     1

My most recent VsBe used 0 skill wands and stones.
Edit: On reflection, those are probably dig, tele, haste & HW wand zaps.

Personally I like the evokables but wouldn't start training until I got a fan or phile.
Throwing is only as good as how many nets you got. (large rocks if your capable).

Train what you got, If you find a nice bow then go for it, If you got a rod or excess of wands, train Evo. Beserkers get plenty of spare experience.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 16:21

About evocables, Trog followers have higher chance to get rod from staff acquirement

Fully aware of this, but unfortunatly the ratio of good ranged attack rods to bad ranged attack rods is not all that high. You just cant rely on getting destruction and immolation instead of striking, swarm, and shadows.

And they grant you unlimited ammo...

Absolutely false. Four zaps and wait for recharge is not unlimited ammo. It is very limmited ammo indeed. I don't need ranged attacks to deal with single threats. I need ranged attacks to deal with multiple dangerous opponents before they can do bad things to me generally through a screen of meat shields.

Train what you got, If you find a nice bow then go for it, If you got a rod or excess of wands, train Evo. Beserkers get plenty of spare experience.

I guess that is really the problem. I get all my main skills trained to the point that more experience in them would just be sub-optimal, and I need to decide what to start training next. I don't always have the strong clues as to where the RNG will push me. So what is the best strategy to "force".

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 16:45

In trunk, rod of striking was replaced with the much, much better rod of iron. Also, rod of shadows is quite good. At present, the majority of rods are very good.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 16:55

Lasty wrote:In trunk, rod of striking was replaced with the much, much better rod of iron. Also, rod of shadows is quite good. At present, the majority of rods are very good.

1. What does rod of iron do?

2. Not saying rod of shadows is bad just that it is not a ranged attack option. If I am facing 2 sphinx and a swarm of giants and orcs a rod of shadows is not what I want.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 17:00

acvar wrote:1. What does rod of iron do?

It's a shotgun.

acvar wrote:2. Not saying rod of shadows is bad just that it is not a ranged attack option. If I am facing 2 sphinx and a swarm of giants and orcs a rod of shadows is not what I want.

FR: Rod of Shadows with smite-targeting.

{glee: so happy to know what FR means now}
Last edited by XuaXua on Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 17:02

acvar wrote:I don't need ranged attacks to deal with single threats. I need ranged attacks to deal with multiple dangerous opponents before they can do bad things to me...
...I get all my main skills trained to the point that more experience in them would just be sub-optimal, and I need to decide what to start training next.

Train Stealth.

Judging by what I'm reading, you need to be able to set up fights on your own terms and not get into fight involving crowds of monsters.
With Weapon, Fighting, Dodging, Armour and Stealth you should have plenty to train until you get to Orc 4, where you can make a more informative decision on how to branch out if at all.

If things get a bit bad, summon a brother. If it's really bad, run away.

As a side note, in trunks, early Evo training lets you fully ID wands and saves charges.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 17:14

Also keep in mind that trog will also gift you launchers if you put xp into them (eventually) and ammo enough that you will never hurt for it.

+1 for stealth, the only thing more powerful than a short blade bersekering vs, is a stabbing short blade berserking vs. Add in nets or paraconfuse needles, or invis cloak or any summoning evocable and it is a party.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 17:46

acvar wrote:2. Not saying rod of shadows is bad just that it is not a ranged attack option. If I am facing 2 sphinx and a swarm of giants and orcs a rod of shadows is not what I want.

If you don't want a rod of shadows in that situation, what you do want is a ?teleport or ?blinking.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 18:23

1010011010 wrote:
acvar wrote:I don't need ranged attacks to deal with single threats. I need ranged attacks to deal with multiple dangerous opponents before they can do bad things to me...
...I get all my main skills trained to the point that more experience in them would just be sub-optimal, and I need to decide what to start training next.

Train Stealth.

Judging by what I'm reading, you need to be able to set up fights on your own terms and not get into fight involving crowds of monsters.
With Weapon, Fighting, Dodging, Armour and Stealth you should have plenty to train until you get to Orc 4, where you can make a more informative decision on how to branch out if at all.

If things get a bit bad, summon a brother. If it's really bad, run away.

As a side note, in trunks, early Evo training lets you fully ID wands and saves charges.

I generally do train stealth on my VS, but not till mid/late game. Not much benefit to training stealth when you are slogging around the dungeon in plate armour.

Maybe it is just me, but I seldom get something that defines my char on orc:4. Not saying it does not happen, but usually it is just a bunch of books, scrolls, potions, and usless weapons. I mean what really pushes you with a VS? Rings of slaying=throwing, stealth rings and cloak of invis=stealth, gadget shop=evocations, but that just does not seem to be all that common.

Lastly wrote:If you don't want a rod of shadows in that situation, what you do want is a ?teleport or ?blinking.

Actually no that is not what I wanted in that situation. It was one of the first rooms I entered on the level. Radomly teleporting would have most likely killed me consisdering the level. I could not retreat by blinking because I had a rather large number of zombies blocking the coridoor. They were not a real threat, but they also made retreat a problem. I solved the problem with about 5 javs of penetration which killed both sphinx and a fair number of other threats. Why run when you can just kill whatever is in your way?

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 18:45

Personally, on a VSBe using short blades, I'd think that ranged combat would be the most reliable, because Trog is guaranteed to support it. Throwing wants lots of exp, but that's not a problem for Be, doubly so if you only need at most 14 levels in your weapon skill, and with throwing you don't need to fuss with finding/enchanting a good launcher. Stealth is a good choice too and may go hand-in-hand with throwing if you get enough nets and needles (not unlikely with Trog gifts). If some good evocables turn up, I might put some experience there, too, but that would be more situation-specific.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 19:00

and into wrote:Personally, on a VSBe using short blades, I'd think that ranged combat would be the most reliable, because Trog is guaranteed to support it. Throwing wants lots of exp, but that's not a problem for Be, doubly so if you only need at most 14 levels in your weapon skill, and with throwing you don't need to fuss with finding/enchanting a good launcher. Stealth is a good choice too and may go hand-in-hand with throwing if you get enough nets and needles (not unlikely with Trog gifts). If some good evocables turn up, I might put some experience there, too, but that would be more situation-specific.

This is what I am leaning towards. My last VS I immediatly turned off everything but throwing when I entered the dungeun and trained throwing to 8 before I focused on my short blades, fighting, and armour/dodging. Got a nice stack of steel javs as my first gift.

So with a quick blade wielding, javalin throwing VS what levels of Str/Dex should I be shooting for? How do Str/Dex affect the bite attack? How do Str/Dex affect throwing?

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 19:10

acvar wrote:Actually no that is not what I wanted in that situation. It was one of the first rooms I entered on the level. Radomly teleporting would have most likely killed me consisdering the level. I could not retreat by blinking because I had a rather large number of zombies blocking the coridoor. They were not a real threat, but they also made retreat a problem. I solved the problem with about 5 javs of penetration which killed both sphinx and a fair number of other threats. Why run when you can just kill whatever is in your way?

The point I was trying to make is that if you're going to stay and fight, a rod of shadows is a very good rod for most circumstances. I'm not psychic, so I didn't know you had in mind the specific circumstance of being surrounded by zombies and sphinxes in every direction, which I suppose might mean that there's not enough room to summon anything.

I'm not weighing in on Evo vs Throwing vs Stabbing, I'm only pointing out that most rods (arguably all but one) are very good right now.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 19:23

Lasty wrote:
acvar wrote:Actually no that is not what I wanted in that situation. It was one of the first rooms I entered on the level. Radomly teleporting would have most likely killed me consisdering the level. I could not retreat by blinking because I had a rather large number of zombies blocking the coridoor. They were not a real threat, but they also made retreat a problem. I solved the problem with about 5 javs of penetration which killed both sphinx and a fair number of other threats. Why run when you can just kill whatever is in your way?

The point I was trying to make is that if you're going to stay and fight, a rod of shadows is a very good rod for most circumstances. I'm not psychic, so I didn't know you had in mind the specific circumstance of being surrounded by zombies and sphinxes in every direction, which I suppose might mean that there's not enough room to summon anything.

Y'know, the more I think about it, to differentiate the rod from Summon Shadows (or whatever) and every other summoning spell, maybe it WOULD be better for Rod of Shadows to be smite-targeted. It's not like the monsters don't have all those new "summon monsters directly onto the player's position" spells, not to mention Shadow Traps. Why not at least one avenue for the player?
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 19:28

Lasty wrote:I'm not weighing in on Evo vs Throwing vs Stabbing, I'm only pointing out that most rods (arguably all but one) are very good right now.

I agree most rods are great, but that was not the question at hand. I was asking about the best range option. Sometimes you just need to reach out and touch things for whatever reason. By the way have you tried fighting shock serpants in melee? Not having a viable ranged attack is just asking to die. Every character should have viable melee and ranged attacks as well as viable escape options. Simply ignoring any of these is foolish.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 20:05

I just did a quick 3 rune win with a MiBe that focused on Evocables, used all acquirements for rods, ended up with stacks of Lamps/Phials/Fans/Decks. Of course, my rationale was similar to acvar so I trained throwing as well. I think I ended up dropping all but penetration javs, and I didn't throw a single one. If I found myself in a dangerous situation with enemies in LOS and no clear escape method (this game was particularly stingy about tele scrolls) my process was pretty much Rod of Ignition until it's out of charges, rod of clouds, lamp, phial and everything is well under control.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 20:28

I haven't tried decks in many moons. Are they viable now outside of Nem? With my current game I am sure glad I started training throwing. I have seen 5 rods all game and only 1 acquirement. I have not been impressed with lightning rods or inaccuracy so I have 1 clouds, and an unbought swarm to choose from. Those javs have been working well though. Just had one wipe out 3 gremlin in 1 throw as well as killing lots of convokers and a rather annoying warden that locked the stairs on vaults:5. By the way I keep laughing everytime a warden locks me in a room with a bunch of monsters. I just keep thinking all the monsters are crapping themselves because they just got locked in a room with a VS with a +9 electric quick blade.

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 14th January 2015, 20:45

acvar wrote:So with a quick blade wielding, javalin throwing VS what levels of Str/Dex should I be shooting for? How do Str/Dex affect the bite attack? How do Str/Dex affect throwing?

Not sure if it is optimal or whatever, but on my VSBes I nearly always put every stat up into dexterity. From what I understand, your aux attack chance depends on strength and dex equally (and you roll for the chance every time you attack with your weapon). Strength will give better damage output due to its percentage-based boost, but in my experience, your defenses in most armors will be better if you put your stat ups into dex, as you start with 19 str and have a 50% chance to get a point of strength every 4 levels, and I find the higher EV from (eventually) +9 dex to be better than the increased damage from +9 str. I'd imagine this to be even more so the case when you aren't using a melee weapon with high base damage.

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 15th January 2015, 12:19

the only thing you will gain from running ranged weapons on 3-5 rune berserker is 2 hours an 20k turns more on your final score*

numbers pulled straight out of ass but you get the idea
[09:23] <Sequell> kroki is a greatplayer!
[09:23] <Sequell> kroki is a greaterplayer!
[03:57] <Sequell> kroki is a polytheist!
[21:53] <Sequell> kroki is a greatberserker!

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 15th January 2015, 16:10

kroki wrote:the only thing you will gain from running ranged weapons on 3-5 rune berserker is 2 hours an 20k turns more on your final score*

Actually I don't. What are you saying?

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 16th January 2015, 20:41

It needs to be said. This is really pretty dumb. VS are horribly overpowered. I just played a VSBe like I do all my other berserkers. I turned off everything other then throwing upon entering the dungeon and trained it up to 8. I then turned on short blades and trained it up to 8. Took fighting to 10, and then armour to 11. Switched to fighting and throwing until I got to the bottom of the dungeon. At that point I had found a trove a few levels earlier that required the abyssal rune. Hadn't done either lair branch. Hadn't done vaults. Lets just pop down in depths and find a portal to the abyss so I can raid that trove. First level went so easy I just went ahead and cleared depths while training shields and stealth. I never even felt threatened. I have not teleported or blinked (other then identifying the scrolls). I have only berseked a few times and I think I have called 3 brothers.

I have played 7 VSBe and won with 5. One death came from an out of depth swarm of bees and no teleportation scrolls, the other was from a rediculous situation that involved paralyzation, and me being drained to where I had no skills.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 16th January 2015, 20:56

VS are quite powerful, but I think generally the low HP sort of keeps them from what I would call 'overpowered'.

BE are pretty much overpowered, and really simple to build and play to boot.

If you are finding the game too easy as a VsBe, the simplest solution is to change either the VS or the BE or even both.

Did you really train armour to 11 without training any dodging? Did you find an early plate armor or something?

Anyway, congrats on the wins.

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 17th January 2015, 04:42

Found a +8 plate with rpois rc+ rn+ pre lair then the shield of resistance in a shop on level 14 so dodging was not really a priority. I usually hold off on dodging until after I have some dragon armour.

I agree Berserkers are powerful, but KoBe, and MiBe were never this easy. Power 24 weapons with antimagic that hit every .3 auts (.2 when you go berserk) in addition to your regular attack is just brutal. With berserk you are getting 10 attacks for every 1 most opponents get, and you are getting a bonus d10 dammage to each one.

The reform of throwing sure does not help the situation either. When I first tested the new throwing rules I ran a TeBe through elf:3 vault without ever hitting 5 or using !healing or /healing. Never even got below 1/2 life. Only a couple of blademasters made it to hand to hand range.

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 19th January 2015, 11:46

acvar wrote:
kroki wrote:the only thing you will gain from running ranged weapons on 3-5 rune berserker is 2 hours an 20k turns more on your final score*

Actually I don't. What are you saying?

putting exp into ranged combat on berserker adds unnecessary complexity and tedium to the game. you propably won't even use it much and certainly you don't need it to win. unless you are a masochist and enjoy ranged combat in crawl. (personally i hate it, especially in webtiles, its so fucking laggy). Whenever you could make use of ranged combat on a berserker you could use a wand or evocable item instead, to the same or better effect (and infinitely more utility), or just move around a corner (or dig a hole) and hold down tab (i set my auto-combat to stop at 85% hp).

pump evocation instead, you can't go wrong with evocation in this game

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 19th January 2015, 15:46

kroki wrote:...ranged combat on berserker adds unnecessary complexity and tedium to the game. you propably won't even use it much and certainly you don't need it to win.

You could say the same thing about reading scrolls, but it sure makes the game a lot easier to win if you read scrolls.

Whenever you could make use of ranged combat on a berserker you could use a wand or evocable item instead, to the same or better effect

Last time I checked there was no wand of dispersion. Wands have limited charges. Wands only hit a limited number of targets in a line. Wands take 1 aut to use. Wands are resistable. Rods are very rare. You can not rely on them. They have much less firepower then even wands which have less firepower then throwing.

or just move around a corner (or dig a hole) and hold down tab (i set my auto-combat to stop at 85% hp).

This coming from somebody that is complaining that ranged combat is tedious??? I am all for tatctics and escape when they are called for, but why go to all the trouble when you can just kill the damn thing.

pump evocation instead, you can't go wrong with evocation in this game

Yes you can! You are not guarenteed to get good evokables, or get them in sufficient numbers to make you evocations worth the investment.

Have you actually played a character that focuses on throwing since it was revamped? It is rediculous. By the end of the game you are not doing much else other then hitting f and o. It is not that you hardly use throwing, but that you hardly hit tab. Things just don't make it into melee range. You seem to be ignorant of the current state of the game.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 19th January 2015, 17:00

Also tab can be set with an option to throw if nothing is in melee range, so it becomes always tab+o whether they are at range or not (and o will scoop up your thrown ammo)

So for 0 added complexity or tedium, with the right set up, and for the xp it takes to go from 24 to 25 weapon skill, you can make most things die before getting close to you. Or at very least have many fewer hps.

Also standing still and letting the critter come to you is actually safer than approaching it most of the time being able to pass those turns with tab is better than doing so with .

I agree about the lag though, turning off animations helps a lot with that.
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 19th January 2015, 20:59

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.16-a0-3394-g83d1dde (webtiles) character file.

1925359 kroki the Executioner (level 23, 223/223 HPs)
             Began as a Minotaur Berserker on Dec 30, 2014.
             Was a High Priest of Trog.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes!

The game lasted 01:52:41 (48598 turns).

kroki the Executioner (Minotaur Berserker)         Turns: 48598, Time: 01:52:41

Health: 223/223    AC: 38    Str: 21 (22) XL:     23   Next: 87%
Magic:  13/13      EV: 28    Int:  7 (10) God:    Trog [*****.]
Gold:   2912       SH:  0    Dex: 25 (26) Spells: 0 memorised, 22 levels left

rFire  + + .     SeeInvis .     F - +11 executioner's axe of the Endless March {antimagic, +Inv}
rCold  . . .     Clarity  .     x - +8 fire dragon armour
rNeg   . . .     SustAb   .     (no shield)
rPois  +         Gourm    .     Q - +2 hat
rElec  .         Spirit   .     k - +2 cloak
rCorr  .         Warding  .     v - +2 pair of gloves {Dex+3}
rMut   +         Stasis   .     W - +2 pair of boots of the Assassin {Stlth++}
MR     +++..                    l - amulet "Huukimim" {rMut Int+3 Dex+3}
Stlth  +.........               R - ring of Iqanio {rPois rC+}
                                Y - ring of the Mage {Wiz MR++ Int+3}

@: extremely resistant to hostile enchantments, very unstealthy
A: retaliatory headbutt, horns 2, deterioration 1
a: Burn Spellbooks, Berserk, Trog's Hand, Brothers in Arms, Renounce Religion,
Evoke Invisibility
0: Orb of Zot
}: 3/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, gossamer

You escaped.
You worshipped Trog.
Trog was extremely pleased with you.
You were very hungry.

You visited 10 branches of the dungeon, and saw 60 of its levels.
You also visited: Labyrinth, Sewer and Wizlab.

You collected 4712 gold pieces.
You spent 1800 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 f - a +6 antimagic battleaxe
   (Trog gifted it to you on level 10 of the Dungeon)
 F - the +11 executioner's axe of the Endless March (weapon) {antimagic, +Inv}
   (Trog gifted it to you on level 1 of the Realm of Zot)   

It disrupts the flow of magical energy around spellcasters and certain
   magical creatures (including the wielder).

It lets you turn invisible.
 S - a +7 vampiric battleaxe
   (Trog gifted it to you on level 5 of the Spider Nest)
Missiles
 r - 12 curare-tipped needles {!f}
 t - 6 silver tomahawks (quivered)
 D - 8 throwing nets {!f}
Armour
 k - a +2 cloak (worn)
   (You took it off a draconian monk on level 1 of the Realm of Zot)
 v - a +2 pair of gloves of dexterity (worn)
   (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 x - a +8 fire dragon armour (worn)
   (You took it off Margery on level 4 of the Vaults)
 Q - a +2 hat (worn)
   (You found it on level 6 of the Lair of Beasts)
 W - the +2 pair of boots of the Assassin (worn) {Stlth++}
   (You found it in a labyrinth)   

It makes you much more stealthy.
Jewellery
 l - the amulet "Huukimim" (around neck) {rMut Int+3 Dex+3}
   (You found it on level 8 of the Lair of Beasts)   

[amulet of resist mutation]

It protects you from mutation.
   It affects your intelligence (+3).
   It affects your dexterity (+3).
 H - the ring of Modesty {rN+ Int+2 Slay+3}
   (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)   

[ring of positive energy]

It affects your intelligence (+2).
   It affects your accuracy and damage with ranged weapons and melee attacks
   (+3).
   It protects you from negative energy.
 N - an uncursed amulet of clarity
   (You found it on level 5 of the Spider Nest)
 R - the ring of Iqanio (right hand) {rPois rC+}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 3 of the Orcish Mines)   

[ring of protection from cold]

It protects you from cold.
   It protects you from poison.
 T - an uncursed amulet of resist corrosion
   (You found it on level 5 of the Spider Nest)
 Y - the ring of the Mage (left hand) {Wiz MR++ Int+3}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 4 of the Orcish Mines)   

[ring of wizardry]

It improves your spell success rate.
   It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
Magical devices
 c - a wand of teleportation (5)
   (You took it off Asterion on level 2 of the Vaults)
 d - a wand of paralysis (16)
   (You found it on level 1 of the Spider Nest)
 A - a wand of enslavement (11)
   (You found it on level 7 of the Dungeon)
 M - a wand of confusion (22)
   (You found it in a labyrinth)
 P - a wand of digging (10)
   (You found it on level 7 of the Lair of Beasts)
Scrolls
 e - 9 scrolls of recharging
 h - 4 scrolls of teleportation
 q - a scroll of blinking
 s - 2 scrolls of silence
 y - 9 scrolls of remove curse
 z - 3 scrolls of enchant armour
 C - a scroll of fog
 G - 6 scrolls of immolation
 K - 2 scrolls of magic mapping
 U - 5 scrolls of fear
 V - 5 scrolls of identify
 X - 5 scrolls of vulnerability
Potions
 a - 3 potions of brilliance
 b - 4 potions of cancellation
 g - 9 potions of might
 i - 9 potions of magic
 j - 5 potions of heal wounds
 m - 11 potions of curing
 n - 5 potions of haste
 u - 6 potions of agility
 w - 3 potions of resistance
 L - 8 potions of restore abilities
 O - 2 potions of invisibility
Miscellaneous
 p - a sack of spiders {used: 2}
   (You found it on level 1 of the Spider Nest)
 B - a sack of spiders {used: 1}
 E - a lamp of fire
 J - a stone of tremors
Comestibles
 o - 16 bread rations
 I - 39 fruits

Skills:
 - Level 22.0 Fighting
 + Level 25.1 Axes
 - Level 22.2 Armour
 - Level 18.3 Dodging
   Level 1.3 Shields
 - Level 22.2 Evocations

You had 22 spell levels left.
You didn't know any spells.

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You reflexively headbutt those who attack you in melee.
You have a pair of horns on your head.
Your body is slowly deteriorating.

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (15/15)            Temple (0/1) D:5            Lair (8/8) D:10
 Shoals (5/5) Lair:3       Spider (5/5) Lair:3        Slime (6/6) Lair:8
    Orc (4/4) D:9             Elf (3/3) Orc:4        Vaults (4/5) D:13
  Crypt (0/3) Vaults:3     Depths (5/5) D:15            Zot (5/5) Depths:5

Altars:
Dithmenos
Gozag
Kikubaaqudgha
Ru
Yredelemnul
The Shining One
Beogh
Jiyva

Shops:
D:4 %   D:5 *   Orc:3 =   Orc:4 *(*(   Elf:1 [   Shoals:5 %   Vaults:1 (%[
Vaults:2 ?   Depths:1 }

Portals:
Hell: Depths:1 Depths:5

Annotations:
Slime:3 exclusion: upstairs
Elf:2 runed door

#...###...######
######..............
#......#..#..#..##.#
#.....###...###....#
#......#..#..#..####
###.............#  #
  #......####...# ##
  #......#  #...# #.
  #@X....#  #...###.
  #.X..(.#  #.......
  #......#  #.......
  #......#  #...#...
  #......#  #...####
  #......#  #...#  #
  #......#  #...#  #
  #......#  #...#  #
  ########  #####

You could see 2 Orb Guardians.

Message History

(V) Vaults         (C) Crypt          (U) Depths         (H) Hell           
(Z) Zot           
Where to? (Enter - D:1, ? - help)
There is an open door here.
A Brimstone Fiend comes into view.
There is an escape hatch in the ceiling here.
A mysterious force pulls you upwards. The hatch slams shut behind you.
You sense a powerful magical force warping space.
(D) Dungeon        (T) Temple         (L) Lair           (A) Shoals         
(N) Spider Nest    (M) Slime Pits     (O) Orcish Mines   (E) Elven Halls   
(V) Vaults         (C) Crypt          (U) Depths         (H) Hell           
(Z) Zot           
Where to? (Enter - D:1, ? - help)
You see here a club.
There is a stone staircase leading up here.
You climb upwards.
There is a stone staircase leading down here.
An Orb Guardian comes into view.
You miss the Orb Guardian. The Orb Guardian completely misses you.
The Orb Guardian barely misses you.
The Orb Guardian barely misses you.
The Orb Guardian hits you but does no damage.
The Orb Guardian completely misses you.
There is a staircase leading out of the dungeon here.
The Orb Guardian barely misses you. You furiously retaliate!
You headbutt the Orb Guardian, but do no damage.
The Orb Guardian completely misses you. x2
You have escaped!

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | kroki, the Minotaur Berserker, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 19/19 MP: 1/1
   211 | D:1      | Reached skill level 4 in Axes
   314 | D:1      | Acquired Trog's second power
   323 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 23/26 MP: 1/1
   726 | D:2      | Reached skill level 5 in Axes
   726 | D:2      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 21/31 MP: 2/2
  1503 | D:3      | Found a sacrificial altar of Ru.
  1649 | D:3      | Noticed Ijyb
  1665 | D:3      | Killed Ijyb
  1665 | D:3      | Reached skill level 6 in Axes
  1665 | D:3      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 39/39 MP: 2/2
  1721 | D:3      | Noticed Crazy Yiuf
  1725 | D:3      | Killed Crazy Yiuf
  2081 | D:3      | Noticed Natasha
  2086 | D:3      | Killed Natasha
  2086 | D:3      | Reached skill level 7 in Axes
  2086 | D:3      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 45/45 MP: 2/2
  2212 | D:3      | Noticed Sigmund
  2225 | D:3      | Killed Sigmund
  2348 | D:4      | Reached skill level 8 in Axes
  2348 | D:4      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 46/51 MP: 3/3
  2428 | D:4      | Found Maurai's Food Shop.
  2452 | D:4      | Noticed an ogre
  2460 | D:4      | Killed an ogre
  2460 | D:4      | Reached skill level 9 in Axes
  2528 | D:4      | Found a glowing drain.
  2543 | Sewer    | Entered a sewer
  2722 | Sewer    | Acquired Trog's third power
  3123 | D:4      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 46/57 MP: 3/3
  3533 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  3589 | D:5      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  3600 | D:5      | Reached skill level 10 in Axes
  3651 | D:5      | Found Gozag's Platinum Reserve.
  3702 | D:5      | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
  3726 | D:5      | Reached skill level 11 in Axes
  3774 | D:5      | Received a gift from Trog
  4001 | D:5      | Found an opulent altar of Gozag.
  4041 | D:5      | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
  4317 | D:6      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 64/64 MP: 3/3
  4342 | D:6      | Noticed B1inky's ghost (experienced OpWr)
  4356 | D:6      | Killed B1inky's ghost
  4356 | D:6      | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
  4403 | D:6      | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
  4421 | D:6      | Reached skill level 5 in Armour
  4782 | D:6      | Found an opulent altar of Gozag.
  4794 | D:6      | Reached skill level 6 in Fighting
  4794 | D:6      | Reached skill level 12 in Axes
  4821 | D:6      | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
  5104 | D:7      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 78/78 MP: 4/4
  5156 | D:7      | Reached skill level 6 in Armour
  5365 | D:7      | Received a gift from Trog
  5531 | D:7      | Reached skill level 8 in Fighting
  5683 | D:7      | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
  6207 | D:7      | Reached skill level 8 in Armour
  6348 | D:8      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 85/91 MP: 1/4
  6634 | D:8      | Received a gift from Trog
  6885 | D:9      | Reached skill level 1 in Evocations
  6940 | D:9      | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
  7199 | D:9      | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
  7263 | D:9      | Noticed an ice statue
  7524 | D:9      | Killed an ice statue
  7524 | D:9      | Reached skill level 3 in Evocations
  7568 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
  7668 | D:10     | Noticed a hill giant
  7676 | D:10     | Killed a hill giant
  7676 | D:10     | Reached skill level 13 in Axes
  7866 | D:10     | Reached skill level 10 in Armour
  7890 | D:10     | Found a staircase to the Lair.
  8701 | D:10     | Received a gift from Trog
  9121 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
  9130 | Lair:1   | Reached XP level 11. HP: 85/101 MP: 3/10
  9508 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 14 in Axes
  9612 | Lair:1   | Noticed an eight-headed hydra
  9626 | Lair:1   | Killed an eight-headed hydra
 10383 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 15 in Axes
 10652 | Lair:2   | Identified a scroll of acquirement
 10690 | Lair:2   | Received a gift from Trog
 10991 | Lair:3   | Found a staircase to the Shoals.
 11169 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 5 in Evocations
 11200 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 6 in Evocations
 11556 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 8 in Evocations
 11562 | Lair:3   | Found a hole to the Spider Nest.
 11766 | Lair:3   | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute. (Int +2) [potion of beneficial mutation]
 11827 | Lair:4   | Noticed a death yak
 11829 | Lair:4   | Noticed a death yak
 11830 | Lair:4   | Noticed a death yak
 11830 | Lair:4   | Noticed a death yak
 11832 | Lair:4   | Noticed a death yak
 11834 | Lair:4   | Killed a death yak
 11835 | Lair:4   | Killed a death yak
 11838 | Lair:4   | Killed a death yak
 11838 | Lair:4   | Reached XP level 12. HP: 108/108 MP: 7/21
 11841 | Lair:4   | Killed a death yak
 11841 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 10 in Evocations
 11844 | Lair:4   | Killed a death yak
 11947 | Lair:4   | Noticed Fannar
 11967 | Lair:4   | Killed Fannar
 11967 | Lair:4   | Received a gift from Trog
 11967 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 16 in Axes
 12211 | Lair:4   | Noticed a death yak
 12217 | Lair:4   | Killed a death yak
 12448 | Lair:4   | Noticed Snorg
 12462 | Lair:4   | Killed Snorg
 12462 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 12 in Evocations
 12534 | Lair:4   | Noticed Maud
 12548 | Lair:4   | Killed Maud
 13137 | Lair:5   | Found a sacrificial altar of Ru.
 13295 | Lair:5   | Received a gift from Trog
 13357 | Lair:5   | Noticed an eight-headed hydra
 13366 | Lair:5   | Killed an eight-headed hydra
 13870 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 17 in Axes
 14045 | Lair:6   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 95/116 MP: 8/26
 14939 | Lair:7   | Reached skill level 12 in Fighting
 15001 | Lair:7   | Received a gift from Trog
 15404 | Lair:7   | Reached skill level 18 in Axes
 16240 | Lair:8   | Entered Level 8 of the Lair of Beasts
 16260 | Lair:8   | Received a gift from Trog
 16268 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 12 in Armour
 16272 | Lair:8   | Got a bloodstained war axe {god gift}
 16273 | Lair:8   | Identified the +5 war axe of Domination {elec, +Inv Str+3} (Trog gifted it to you on level 8 of the Lair of Beasts)
 16298 | Lair:8   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 17469 | Lair:8   | Noticed B1inky's ghost (powerful OpEn)
 17478 | Lair:8   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 127/127 MP: 27/27
 17483 | Lair:8   | Killed B1inky's ghost
 17496 | Lair:8   | Received a gift from Trog
 17500 | Lair:8   | Got a transparent war axe {god gift}
 17501 | Lair:8   | Identified the +3 war axe of Mandamus {flame, rElec} (Trog gifted it to you on level 8 of the Lair of Beasts)
 17548 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 19 in Axes
 17677 | Lair:8   | Got a warped pewter amulet
 17678 | Lair:8   | Identified the amulet "Huukimim" {rMut Int+3 Dex+3} (You found it on level 8 of the Lair of Beasts)
 18018 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 18032 | Orc:1    | Received a gift from Trog
 18414 | Orc:2    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 18425 | Orc:2    | Received a gift from Trog
 18878 | Orc:2    | Received a gift from Trog
 19131 | Orc:3    | Found Qogufiun's Jewellery Emporium.
 19136 | Orc:3    | Bought the ring of Iqanio {rPois rC+} for 579 gold pieces
 19594 | Orc:4    | Entered Level 4 of the Orcish Mines
 19646 | Orc:4    | Received a gift from Trog
 19946 | Orc:4    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 20068 | Orc:4    | Received a gift from Trog
 20091 | Orc:4    | Found Ralelun's Weapon Shop.
 20091 | Orc:4    | Found Thraojuta's Weapon Emporium.
 20091 | Orc:4    | Found Ybyp's General Store.
 20092 | Orc:4    | Found Afiulodi's General Store.
 20105 | Orc:4    | Reached skill level 20 in Axes
 20113 | Orc:4    | Reached skill level 3 in Dodging
 20237 | Orc:4    | Bought the ring of the Mage {Wiz MR++ Int+3} for 672 gold pieces
 20934 | D:11     | Received a gift from Trog
 21788 | D:13     | Noticed Grum
 21803 | D:13     | Killed Grum
 21953 | D:13     | Reached skill level 14 in Fighting
 21953 | D:13     | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
 21972 | D:13     | Found a gate to the Vaults.
 21986 | D:13     | Reached XP level 15. HP: 138/138 MP: 9/28
 22084 | D:13     | Noticed Sonja
 22093 | D:13     | Killed Sonja
 22153 | D:13     | Noticed Harold
 22169 | D:13     | Killed Harold
 22190 | D:13     | Received a gift from Trog
 22452 | D:14     | Reached skill level 14 in Armour
 22455 | D:14     | Reached skill level 6 in Dodging
 22824 | D:14     | Found a shadowy altar of Dithmenos.
 23011 | D:15     | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 23015 | D:15     | Found a labyrinth entrance.
 23020 | Lab      | Entered a labyrinth
 23498 | Lab      | Got a dazzling ring mail
 23509 | Lab      | Identified the cursed -2 ring mail of Nuhum {Str+1 Int-1} (You found it in a labyrinth)
 23868 | D:15     | Received a gift from Trog
 23893 | D:15     | Found a staircase to the Depths.
 24074 | D:15     | Noticed Kirke
 24092 | D:15     | Killed Kirke
 24092 | D:15     | Reached skill level 8 in Dodging
 24811 | Elf:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
 25244 | Elf:1    | Found Zudeol's Armour Shop.
 25456 | Elf:1    | Received a gift from Trog
 25987 | Elf:2    | Reached XP level 16. HP: 90/149 MP: 9/29
 26205 | Elf:2    | Received a gift from Trog
 26312 | Elf:2    | Reached skill level 14 in Evocations
 26319 | Elf:2    | Found a runed gate.
 26874 | Elf:2    | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
 27066 | Elf:3    | Entered Level 3 of the Elven Halls
 27133 | Elf:3    | Reached skill level 16 in Fighting
 27307 | Elf:3    | Reached skill level 16 in Armour
 27328 | Elf:3    | Noticed a deep elf blademaster
 27351 | Elf:3    | Killed a deep elf blademaster
 27384 | Elf:3    | Noticed a deep elf master archer
 27408 | Elf:3    | Killed a deep elf master archer
 27634 | Elf:3    | Received a gift from Trog
 27676 | Elf:3    | Noticed Donald
 27685 | Elf:3    | Killed Donald
 27804 | Elf:3    | Reached skill level 16 in Evocations
 27921 | Elf:3    | Noticed a deep elf blademaster
 27945 | Elf:3    | Killed a deep elf blademaster
 28015 | Elf:3    | Noticed a deep elf master archer
 28031 | Elf:3    | Killed a deep elf master archer
 28513 | Elf:3    | Reached XP level 17. HP: 152/159 MP: 10/32
 28645 | Elf:3    | Got a sparkling steel ring
 28646 | Elf:3    | Identified the ring "Suth" {Contam +Rage rElec rPois} (You took it off a deep elf demonologist on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 28707 | Elf:3    | Gained mutation: Your body is slowly deteriorating. [mutagenic glow]
 28708 | Elf:3    | Lost mutation: Your body is slowly deteriorating. [potion of cure mutation]
 28708 | Elf:3    | Lost mutation: Your mind is acute. (Int +2) [potion of cure mutation]
 28774 | Elf:3    | Noticed a deep elf blademaster
 28775 | Elf:3    | Noticed a deep elf master archer
 28776 | Elf:3    | Noticed a deep elf master archer
 28782 | Elf:3    | Killed a deep elf blademaster
 28826 | Elf:3    | Killed a deep elf master archer
 28829 | Elf:3    | Killed a deep elf master archer
 28829 | Elf:3    | Received a gift from Trog
 29082 | Elf:3    | Got a jet-encrusted scale mail
 29093 | Elf:3    | Identified the cursed +4 scale mail "Deckeu" {Int+3 Dex+2} (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 29331 | Elf:3    | Received a gift from Trog
 29463 | Elf:2    | Reached skill level 1 in Shields
 29786 | Spider:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Spider Nest
 29804 | Spider:1 | Noticed Urug
 29818 | Spider:1 | Killed Urug
 30404 | Spider:2 | Noticed Arachne
 30422 | Spider:2 | Killed Arachne
 30422 | Spider:2 | Reached skill level 18 in Evocations
 30488 | Spider:2 | Received a gift from Trog
 30603 | Spider:2 | Noticed Jorgrun
 30610 | Spider:2 | Killed Jorgrun
 30632 | Spider:2 | Noticed 4thArraOfDagon's ghost (mighty MfAE)
 30650 | Spider:2 | Killed 4thArraOfDagon's ghost
 32423 | Spider:4 | Received a gift from Trog
 32648 | Spider:4 | Got a translucent rapier
 33000 | Spider:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Spider Nest
 33151 | Spider:5 | Reached skill level 12 in Dodging
 33313 | Spider:5 | Reached XP level 18. HP: 93/170 MP: 11/34
 33785 | Spider:5 | Got a gossamer rune of Zot
 34103 | Spider:5 | Received a gift from Trog
 34475 | Shoals:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Shoals
 34485 | Shoals:2 | Reached skill level 20 in Evocations
 34544 | Shoals:2 | Noticed Polyphemus
 34576 | Shoals:2 | Killed Polyphemus
 34777 | Shoals:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Shoals
 34777 | Shoals:5 | Found Ucweuska's Food Emporium.
 34817 | Shoals:5 | Reached skill level 21 in Evocations
 34822 | Shoals:5 | Noticed Vidiiot's ghost (powerful HEWz)
 35098 | Shoals:5 | Killed Vidiiot's ghost
 35341 | Shoals:5 | Received a gift from Trog
 35415 | Shoals:5 | Got a barnacled rune of Zot
 35844 | Vaults:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 35905 | Vaults:1 | Found Qakhul Subu's Armour Boutique.
 36001 | Vaults:1 | Found Piwutt's Food Shoppe.
 36067 | Vaults:1 | Found Ownaw's Weapon Emporium.
 36069 | Vaults:1 | Found a magical portal.
 36087 | WizLab   | Entered The Chambers of Piqes the Cloud Mage
 36186 | WizLab   | Reached XP level 19. HP: 178/178 MP: 36/36
 36279 | WizLab   | Reached skill level 22 in Evocations
 36549 | WizLab   | Got a shimmering golden ring
 36550 | WizLab   | Identified the ring "Woenauq" {+Fly MR+} (You found it in a wizard's laboratory)
 37139 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 18 in Armour
 37329 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 18 in Fighting
 37715 | Vaults:1 | Received a gift from Trog
 38251 | Vaults:2 | Noticed Asterion
 38267 | Vaults:2 | Killed Asterion
 38415 | Vaults:2 | Found Zaafaw's Magic Scroll Emporium.
 38439 | Vaults:2 | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 57 gold pieces
 38439 | Vaults:2 | Bought a scroll of enchant armour for 142 gold pieces
 38439 | Vaults:2 | Bought a scroll of magic mapping for 66 gold pieces
 38439 | Vaults:2 | Bought a scroll of enchant weapon for 142 gold pieces
 38439 | Vaults:2 | Bought a scroll of enchant weapon for 142 gold pieces
 38501 | Vaults:2 | Received a gift from Trog
 38715 | Vaults:2 | Noticed Mennas
 38745 | Vaults:2 | Killed Mennas
 38762 | Vaults:2 | Noticed Xtahua
 38776 | Vaults:2 | Killed Xtahua
 38830 | Vaults:2 | Reached skill level 14 in Dodging
 39135 | Vaults:3 | Reached XP level 20. HP: 81/189 MP: 37/37
 39275 | Vaults:3 | Noticed Aizul
 39298 | Vaults:3 | Killed Aizul
 39583 | Vaults:3 | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 39593 | Vaults:3 | Received a gift from Trog
 39860 | Vaults:3 | Received a gift from Trog
 40135 | Vaults:3 | Noticed Frederick
 40151 | Vaults:3 | Killed Frederick
 40570 | Vaults:4 | Noticed Margery
 40595 | Vaults:4 | Killed Margery
 40630 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 20 in Armour
 40811 | Vaults:4 | Received a gift from Trog
 40815 | Vaults:4 | Got a fine battleaxe {god gift}
 40816 | Vaults:4 | Identified the +2 battleaxe "Utorhil" {drain, MR+} (Trog gifted it to you on level 4 of the Vaults)
 41209 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 20 in Fighting
 41718 | Vaults:4 | Reached XP level 21. HP: 194/201 MP: 38/38
 41752 | Vaults:4 | Received a gift from Trog
 41754 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 16 in Dodging
 41758 | Vaults:4 | Got a bloodstained battleaxe {god gift}
 41759 | Vaults:4 | Identified the +11 battleaxe "Steomp" {drain, -Cast +Fly MR++ Dex+4} (Trog gifted it to you on level 4 of the Vaults)
 42342 | Depths:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Depths
 42390 | Depths:1 | Noticed Saint Roka
 42398 | Depths:1 | Killed Saint Roka
 42470 | Depths:1 | Found Diam's Quality Used Wands.
 42905 | Slime:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Pits of Slime
 42911 | Slime:1  | Received a gift from Trog
 42936 | Slime:2  | Noticed Dissolution
 43160 | Slime:6  | Entered Level 6 of the Pits of Slime
 43226 | Slime:6  | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 43232 | Slime:6  | Noticed the royal jelly
 43259 | Slime:6  | Killed the royal jelly
 43292 | Slime:6  | Got a slimy rune of Zot
 43328 | Slime:6  | Got a vibrating lapis lazuli ring
 43329 | Slime:6  | Identified the ring of Modesty {rN+ Int+2 Slay+3} (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
 43403 | Slime:2  | Gained mutation: Your body is slowly deteriorating. [a shining eye]
 43447 | Slime:2  | Killed Dissolution
 43785 | D:14     | Received a gift from Trog
 43871 | Depths:1 | Found a gateway to Hell.
 44403 | Depths:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Depths
 44468 | Depths:5 | Reached XP level 22. HP: 196/213 MP: 38/38
 44472 | Depths:5 | Received a gift from Trog
 44905 | Depths:5 | Found a gate to the Realm of Zot.
 44918 | Depths:5 | Reached skill level 18 in Dodging
 44929 | Zot:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Realm of Zot
 44929 | Zot:1    | Noticed an orb of fire
 44930 | Zot:1    | Reached skill level 22 in Armour
 44957 | Zot:1    | Killed an orb of fire
 44957 | Zot:1    | Reached skill level 22 in Fighting
 45089 | Zot:1    | Received a gift from Trog
 45093 | Zot:1    | Got a pitted executioner's axe {god gift}
 45094 | Zot:1    | Identified the +11 executioner's axe of the Endless March {antimagic, +Inv} (Trog gifted it to you on level 1 of the Realm of Zot)
 46145 | Zot:5    | Entered Level 5 of the Realm of Zot
 46277 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 22 in Axes
 46322 | Zot:5    | Reached XP level 23. HP: 197/223 MP: 39/39
 46611 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 46623 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 46855 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 46861 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 46866 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 46879 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
 46879 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 23 in Axes
 46912 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 46926 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 47524 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 47543 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
 47543 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 24 in Axes
 47675 | Zot:5    | Got the Orb of Zot
 47858 | Zot:1    | Received a gift from Trog
 47954 | Depths:5 | Noticed Friaxk Cuma the pandemonium lord
 47991 | Depths:4 | Noticed Khoifemn the pandemonium lord
 48046 | Depths:2 | Reached skill level 25 in Axes
 48598 | D:$      | Escaped with the Orb!

Vanquished Creatures
  the royal jelly (Slime:6)
  Dissolution (Slime:2)
  3 orbs of fire
  2 ancient liches (Zot:5)
  Margery (Vaults:4)
  Saint Roka (Depths:1)
  A Killer Klown (Zot:5)
  A curse toe (Zot:4)
  Mennas (Vaults:2)
  3 golden dragons
  Xtahua (Vaults:2)
  Frederick (Vaults:3)
  A bone dragon (Depths:5)
  Arachne (Spider:2)
  An electric golem (Zot:5)
  5 tentacled monstrosities
  18 Orb Guardians
  A Cloud Mage (WizLab)
  2 deep elf blademasters (Elf:3)
  Asterion (Vaults:2)
  4 deep elf master archers (Elf:3)
  13 acid blobs
  Polyphemus (Shoals:2)
  An Executioner (D:12)
  A kraken (Shoals:5)
  A sphinx (Vaults:1)
  6 storm dragons
  Kirke (D:15)
  2 spectral weapons (Vaults:2)
  2 shadow dragons
  7 azure jellies (Slime:6)
  The ghost of 4thArraOfDagon the Phalangite, a mighty MfAE of the Shining One (Spider:2)
  3 draconian monks
  Donald (Elf:3)
  3 ghost moths (Spider:5)
  3 draconian scorchers
  3 deep elf sorcerers (Elf:3)
  A fire giant (Vaults:1)
  Aizul (Vaults:3)
  3 frost giants
  14 vault wardens
  3 draconian zealots
  A draconian knight (Zot:5)
  15 stone giants
  7 emperor scorpions
  Jorgrun (Spider:2)
  The ghost of B1inky the Swashbuckler, a powerful OpEn of Okawaru (Lair:8)
  The ghost of Vidiiot the Destroyer, a powerful HEWz of Vehumet (Shoals:5)
  14 ironheart preservers
  2 very ugly things (Vaults:2)
  A dire elephant (Depths:3)
  3 black draconians
  4 grey draconians
  A green draconian (Zot:1)
  A vampire knight (Depths:5)
  4 deep elf demonologists (Elf:3)
  5 purple draconians
  4 rakshasas
  8 deep elf annihilators
  3 yellow draconians
  6 red draconians
  5 mottled draconians
  4 pale draconians
  5 white draconians
  A blizzard demon (Depths:1)
  Snorg (Lair:4)
  4 merfolk javelineers (Shoals:5)
  5 deep elf death magi
  A jiangshi (Vaults:3)
  7 vault guards
  3 ettins
  11 yaktaur captains
  2 merfolk impalers
  A minotaur (Lab)
  9 fire dragons
  3 death oozes (Slime:6)
  8 ice dragons
  Fannar (Lair:4)
  8 great orbs of eyes
  Harold (D:13)
  11 ogre magi
  6 hydras
  3 deep elf high priests
  A death cob (Zot:1)
  2 merfolk aquamancers (Shoals:5)
  14 dancing weapons (Elf:2)
  4 centaur warriors
  4 deep troll earth magi
  4 deep troll shamans
  12 death yaks
  A spriggan berserker (Depths:5)
  A catoblepas (Shoals:2)
  5 tengu warriors
  A vampire mage (Vaults:3)
  Urug (Spider:1)
  An ice devil (Depths:2)
  3 fire crabs
  21 deep elf knights
  A shadow wraith (Vaults:4)
  13 hell knights
  4 iron trolls
  A skeletal warrior (D:14)
  A fire crab (shapeshifter) (Vaults:4)
  A sun demon (D:4)
  3 sea snakes (Shoals:4)
  5 deep elf summoners
  A flayed ghost (Vaults:3)
  17 deep trolls
  A lindwurm (D:15)
  The ghost of B1inky the Thrower, an experienced OpWr (D:6)
  An unseen horror (Vaults:1)
  An ice statue (D:9)
  5 orc knights
  9 hill giants
  2 giant orange brains
  15 red wasps
  12 orb spiders
  16 deep elf conjurers
  7 wizards
  A wolf spider zombie (D:15)
  11 ironbrand convokers
  25 ugly things
  30 wolf spiders
  9 harpies (Shoals:2)
  3 manticores
  5 griffons
  A mana viper (shapeshifter) (Elf:1)
  4 cyclopes
  2 fauns (Shoals:2)
  4 necromancers
  5 shining eyes
  A small abomination (Elf:1)
  3 orc sorcerers
  4 water nymphs
  11 moths of wrath
  9 black mambas
  A centaur zombie (D:15)
  4 sixfirhies
  2 eyes of devastation
  3 sirens
  2 naga magi (D:15)
  6 torpor snails
  An orange demon (Elf:1)
  17 vault sentinels
  8 spiny frogs
  A white draconian zombie (Zot:4)
  A red draconian zombie (Zot:1)
  16 demonic crawlers
  56 yaktaurs
  An elf (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  A purple draconian zombie (Zot:1)
  A redback zombie (D:14)
  A black mamba (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  A fire drake (shapeshifter) (Elf:1)
  2 komodo dragons (shapeshifter)
  7 trolls
  4 fire drakes
  A wandering mushroom (Lair:7)
  2 kobold demonologists (Vaults:3)
  2 freezing wraiths
  5 komodo dragons
  12 deep elf priests
  A red devil (Depths:5)
  A jumping spider (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  Sonja (D:13)
  9 wind drakes
  24 two-headed ogres
  12 merfolk
  20 jumping spiders
  10 polar bears
  A tengu simulacrum (Vaults:2)
  56 slime creatures
  A raven (shapeshifter) (Lab)
  5 ravens
  2 raiju (Lair:8)
  19 trapdoor spiders
  3 snapping turtles
  2 wraiths
  8 blink frogs
  A tarantella (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  7 boulder beetles
  52 redbacks
  20 tarantellas
  2 water elementals (Shoals:5)
  A ynoxinul (Depths:4)
  29 air elementals (WizLab)
  5 basilisks
  4 hogs (D:15)
  31 yaks
  2 shadows
  A spriggan (Lair:7)
  A spriggan (shapeshifter) (Vaults:1)
  A wyvern (D:10)
  31 deep elf fighters
  A steam dragon (Lair:8)
  A vampire (Depths:1)
  A yak (shapeshifter) (Vaults:1)
  2 fire bats (Depths:1)
  A golden eye (shapeshifter) (Elf:3)
  18 humans (D:13)
  Grum (D:13)
  2 neqoxecs (D:3)
  27 deep elf magi
  4 hippogriffs
  8 insubstantial wisps (WizLab)
  7 mottled dragons
  11 vampire mosquitoes
  A human zombie (D:13)
  26 wolves
  27 water moccasins
  A soldier ant (D:14)
  12 wargs
  12 spiders
  3 hell hounds (Lair:8)
  9 ice beasts
  11 porcupines
  A red wasp simulacrum (D:15)
  2 large abominations (Zot:5)
  5 eyes of draining
  A necrophage (D:10)
  52 ogres
  A spider (shapeshifter) (D:15)
  15 black bears
  3 boring beetles
  An ettin simulacrum (Vaults:3)
  27 orc warriors
  5 boggarts (Vaults:3)
  5 phantoms
  4 sky beasts
  5 yellow wasps
  8 centaurs
  Sigmund (D:3)
  5 big kobolds
  A glowing shapeshifter simulacrum (Vaults:2)
  17 crocodiles
  A gnoll sergeant (D:9)
  19 giant frogs
  2 human simulacra
  7 scorpions
  A killer bee (D:7)
  8 electric eels
  A spriggan skeleton (Lab)
  A vampire bat (Lair:7)
  3 wights (D:12)
  5 crimson imps
  A goliath beetle (D:6)
  A giant frog zombie (D:11)
  9 iguanas
  19 jellies
  Crazy Yiuf (D:3)
  2 giant frog skeletons
  A quasit (D:13)
  33 hounds
  An iron imp (D:4)
  A gnoll shaman (D:7)
  26 orc wizards
  8 worker ants
  8 centaur skeletons
  30 orc priests
  Natasha (D:3)
  14 hell rats
  38 sheep
  Ijyb (D:3)
  An ogre skeleton (Lab)
  2 hound zombies (D:10)
  A hound skeleton (D:6)
  19 adders
  13 gnolls
  66 river rats
  3 shadow imps
  3 giant mites
  A worm (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  2 adder zombies
  4 giant geckos
  3 oozes
  213 orcs
  A bat skeleton (D:6)
  A bat zombie (D:5)
  11 giant cockroaches
  19 goblins
  24 hobgoblins
  23 jackals
  7 quokkas
  3 ball pythons
  20 bats
  A giant gecko skeleton (D:6)
  10 giant newts
  A goblin zombie (Orc:1)
  A hobgoblin zombie (Orc:1)
  30 kobolds
  7 orc zombies
  13 rats
  22 ballistomycetes
  11 fungi
  9 plants
  6 tentacles (Shoals:5)
2284 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  An ancient lich (Zot:5)
  A golden dragon (Zot:5)
  4 Orb Guardians (Zot:5)
  A deep elf blademaster (Elf:3)
  Maud (Lair:4)
  A draconian knight (Zot:5)
  A draconian scorcher (Zot:1)
  A draconian annihilator (Zot:5)
  A red draconian (Zot:1)
  A fire dragon (Zot:1)
  A hydra (Lair:7)
  An ice dragon (Zot:5)
  3 dancing weapons (Elf:2)
  3 death yaks
  2 deep elf knights (Elf:2)
  A giant orange brain (Depths:1)
  3 orb spiders
  2 wolf spiders
  A demonic crawler (Spider:3)
  A polar bear (Lair:7)
  A trapdoor spider (Spider:3)
  A tarantella (Spider:5)
  A redback (Spider:3)
  2 yaks (Lair:3)
  2 ice beasts (Depths:1)
  2 orc warriors (Depths:1)
  A boring beetle (Spider:3)
  An electric eel (Spider:3)
  3 orcs (Depths:1)
45 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  A ghost moth (Zot:3)
  An ironheart preserver (Vaults:1)
  An iron troll (Elf:3)
  A deep troll (Zot:5)
  5 fire elementals
  A deep elf priest (Vaults:3)
  2 trolls
  An insubstantial wisp (WizLab)
  A swamp drake (Lair:8)
  2 lost souls (Vaults:4)
  A hobgoblin (D:7)
  A kobold (D:10)
  5 giant spores
  2 fungi (Lair:8)
  9 plants
  8 tentacles (Shoals:5)
  105 tentacle segments (Shoals:5)
147 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 2476 creatures vanquished

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Hand axe          |    91 |   127 |   288 |       |       |       |       |       ||   506
       Dire flail        |       |       |   166 |   187 |       |       |       |       ||   353
       Battleaxe         |       |       |       |   381 |   767 |  1323 |  1610 |   316 ||  4397
       Great mace        |       |       |       |    23 |     1 |       |       |       ||    24
       War axe           |       |       |       |       |   526 |       |       |       ||   526
       Executioner's axe |       |       |       |       |    62 |       |       |   336 ||   398
       Broad axe         |       |       |       |       |       |    32 |       |       ||    32
       Unarmed           |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       ||     1
Invok: Berserk           |     2 |     5 |     8 |    11 |     6 |    13 |     4 |     5 ||    54
       Trog's Hand       |       |     1 |     6 |     7 |    21 |    33 |    15 |    18 ||   101
       Burn Spellbooks   |       |       |       |     1 |     4 |     3 |     5 |     1 ||    14
       Brothers in Arms  |       |       |       |     2 |     1 |     2 |     3 |     4 ||    12
Evoke: Wand              |       |       |       |     8 |     5 |    16 |     2 |     3 ||    34
       Deck              |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       |       ||     1
       Phantom mirror    |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       ||     1
       Sack of spiders   |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |       |       ||     3
       Lamp of fire      |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |     1 |     1 ||     5
  Use: Scroll            |     4 |    11 |     8 |    17 |    23 |    10 |    21 |     9 ||   103
       Potion            |       |       |     1 |     2 |       |     2 |     5 |     8 ||    18
 Stab: Distracted        |       |       |       |     1 |       |     1 |     2 |     7 ||    11
       Fleeing           |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       ||     1
       Paralysed         |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       ||     1
       Confused          |       |       |       |       |       |     7 |       |       ||     7
       Sleeping          |       |       |       |       |       |       |     5 |     3 ||     8
  Eat: Chunk             |     1 |     9 |    20 |    13 |    17 |     7 |     6 |     1 ||    74
       Bread ration      |     1 |       |       |     1 |     3 |     3 |     3 |       ||    11
       Beef jerky        |       |       |       |    10 |     1 |     5 |    12 |     7 ||    35
       Royal jelly       |       |       |       |     2 |       |     1 |       |       ||     3
       Fruit             |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       ||     1
       Meat ration       |       |       |       |       |     4 |     5 |     1 |     2 ||    12
       Pizza             |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |       |       ||     3

Vault maps used:
D:1:      dpeg_arrival_sounds_slurp, corexii_corridor_pit,
          minmay_strange_pillars
D:3:      hangedman_ru_absence, st_stairs_7, uniq_crazy_yiuf_cottage, uniq_iyjb,
          uniq_sigmund, uniq_natasha
D:4:      gup_sewer_entry_bubbles, serial_shops, nicolae_shop_behind_doors,
          st_stairs_8, kennysheep_generic_room_10
D:5:      overflow_temple_1_default, minmay_temple_entry_mist, first_bread,
          basic_altar, kennysheep_cross_room, nicolae_gozag_zags_fifth_avenue
D:6:      kennysheep_mini, basic_altar, jiyva_altar_1
D:7:      kennysheep_housing_project, grunt_ogre_cave, yredelemnul_altar_generic
D:9:      erik_orc_3, minivault_16
D:10:     minmay_lair_entry_lava
D:11:     solitary_fountain
D:13:     grunt_vaults_entry_tiered, kennysheep_potato, uniq_grum, uniq_harold,
          uniq_sonja
D:14:     grunt_dithmenos_shadows
D:15:     grunt_enter_depths_magical_seal, lab_entry_generic,
          minmay_misc_feat_roman, uniq_kirke
Lair:1:   disabler_island
Lair:2:   grunt_megastairs_3
Lair:3:   elwin_shoals_entry_rocks, spider_nest_entry_funnel_web,
          beast_lair_carwin_2
Lair:4:   wad_woods_road_03, serial_bayou_shore_b, wad_woods_river_01,
          infiniplex_staircase_pool_2, uniq_snorg, uniq_fannar, uniq_maud
Lair:5:   basic_altar, serial_bayou_shore_a
Lair:6:   serial_forest, infiniplex_forest_zigzag_1, infiniplex_forest_end_2,
          infiniplex_forest_lined_room_, infiniplex_forest_clump_C,
          infiniplex_forest_join, infiniplex_forest_clump_curved,
          infiniplex_forest_lined_3, infiniplex_forest_corner_1
Lair:7:   beast_lair_carwin_large_4, roderic_batcave,
          grunt_forest_stairs_clearing
Lair:8:   guppyfry_lair_end_dragon, hangedman_lair_caniforms_friends,
          minmay_slime_entry_pillars, small_statue_intersection
Shoals:2: uniq_polyphemus
Shoals:5: serial_shops, shop, shoals_end_hangedman, shoal_ilsuiw
Spider:1: hangedman_spider_tarantella_strand, uniq_urug
Spider:2: nicolae_spider_webs_and_nodes, uniq_arachne, uniq_jorgrun
Spider:3: nicolae_spider_cling_ruins
Spider:4: nicolae_spider_circle_web
Spider:5: guppyfry_spider_rune
Slime:2:  uniq_dissolution
Orc:2:    basic_altar
Orc:3:    serial_shops, nicolae_shop_behind_doors, nicolae_orc_pool_cavern
Orc:4:    st_orc_ogre_mass, baited_tele_trap
Elf:1:    eino_elf_arrival_the_gate, serial_shops, nicolae_shop_behind_doors,
          hangedman_elf_represent
Elf:3:    minmay_elf_hall, uniq_donald
Vaults:1: nicolae_vaults_halls_meeting, ontoclasm_vaults_loading_screen,
          v_misc_29, v_pattern_3, v_misc_15, nicolae_vaults_little_squares_2,
          ontoclasm_vaults_fault, ontoclasm_vaults_loading_screen,
          mu_enter_wizlab_4, serial_shops, nicolae_shop_waterfront,
          nicolae_shop_window_shopping, nicolae_shop_stone
Vaults:2: v_misc_26, hangedman_vaults_trim, hangedman_vaults_nails,
          hangedman_vaults_slice, hangedman_vaults_slice, v_pattern_2,
          ontoclasm_vaults_idyll, st_lattice, nicolae_vaults_asterisk,
          vaults_room_large_hall, serial_shops, shop, uniq_mennas, uniq_xtahua,
          uniq_asterion
Vaults:3: v_rooms_3, nicolae_vaults_three_branches, vaults_room_large_hall,
          minmay_crypt_entry_simple_corners, hangedman_vaults_corner_blocks,
          v_misc_5, ontoclasm_vaults_decontamination, nicolae_vaults_rhombus_6,
          grunt_vaults_twisty, vaults_room_hallway, v_pattern_5,
          nicolae_vaults_alarming, ontoclasm_vaults_loading_screen, uniq_aizul,
          uniq_frederick
Vaults:4: nicolae_vaults_asterisk, v_pattern_4, ontoclasm_vaults_misaligned,
          nicolae_vaults_windows_and_doors_thing, nicolae_vaults_murderbox,
          hangedman_vaults_stagger, hangedman_vaults_unwind,
          vaults_dpeg_diagonal, v_misc_25, v_misc_8, v_misc_13,
          nicolae_vaults_angled_halls, ontoclasm_vaults_twist, uniq_margery
Depths:1: minmay_ice_pillars, enter_ziggurat_a, hell_entry,
          nicolae_for_you_no_charge, uniq_enchantress, uniq_saint_roka,
          uniq_norris
Depths:2: kennysheep_demon_jail, minmay_misc_feat_enclosed, hell_entry,
          infiniplex_staircase_split_hallway
Depths:3: evilmike_silver_temple, hell_entry, minmay_misc_feat_encased,
          rand_demon_pan_entry_9, nrook_pool_corridor,
          hangedman_abyss_or_decor_slice, minmay_staircase_bubble, uniq_jory
Depths:4: minmay_containers, abyss_entry, hell_entry, fountainhead,
          abandoned_shop, lemuel_statue_altar, uniq_mara
Depths:5: grunt_zot_entry_hairpin, glass_columns_b, hangedman_geh_valley,
          abyss_entry, minmay_misc_feat_diagonals,
          serial_sigils_hangedman_scratch, minmay_misc_feat_pillars,
          minmay_misc_feat_hallway
Zot:1:    circus_mu
Zot:3:    nicolae_moth_party, kennysheep_underground_church
Zot:4:    minmay_elemental_castle
Lab:      nicolae_lab_blocks
Sewer:    sewer_co_scattered_pipes
WizLab:   wizlab_cloud

acvar try getting anything close to this time in webtiles using ranged combat. especially with how much webtiles slow down when you start shooting things with ranged combat.

what does the dump prove? that you can breeze through the game without thinking more than 3 seconds on a given situation with a berserker who only uses melee. my point stands, ranged combat on be is suboptimal and a waste of time/keystrokes/turns.

Siegurt wrote:Also tab can be set with an option to throw if nothing is in melee range, so it becomes always tab+o whether they are at range or not (and o will scoop up your thrown ammo)

So for 0 added complexity or tedium, with the right set up, and for the xp it takes to go from 24 to 25 weapon skill, you can make most things die before getting close to you. Or at very least have many fewer hps.

Also standing still and letting the critter come to you is actually safer than approaching it most of the time being able to pass those turns with tab is better than doing so with .

I agree about the lag though, turning off animations helps a lot with that.

thatd be great if ranged combat didnt lag webtiles so much its 3x faster to just melee things. is there any way to completely remove "animations" from webtiles? I might enjoy ranged combat then

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 19th January 2015, 22:06

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.16-a0-3708-g05dc7d7 (webtiles) character file.

1945365 kroki the Spry (level 25, 135/135 HPs)
             Began as a Vine Stalker Berserker on Jan 19, 2015.
             Was an Initiate of Yredelemnul.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes!

The game lasted 01:54:42 (48597 turns).

kroki the Spry (Vine Stalker Berserker)            Turns: 48597, Time: 01:54:42

Health: 135/135    AC: 33    Str: 21    XL:     25   Next: 53%
Magic:  50/50      EV: 37    Int:  9    God:    Yredelemnul [......]
Gold:   1299       SH:  8    Dex: 36    Spells: 0 memorised, 24 levels left

rFire  + + .     SeeInvis +     M - +7 quick blade (elec)
rCold  + + +     Clarity  .     v - +9 fire dragon armour "Theur" {+Blink rF++ rC- Regen+ Dex+4}
rNeg   . . .     SustAb   +     w - +0 buckler {AC+3}
rPois  +         Gourm    .     c - +2 hat {SInv}
rElec  +         Spirit   +     G - +2 cloak of the Poles {rC++ Regen+ Str-2 Dex+3}
rCorr  .         Warding  .     K - +2 pair of gloves {Str+3}
rMut   .         Stasis   .     W - +1 pair of boots "Hotugh" {MR+ MP+9 Int+2}
MR     +++++                    f - amulet of the Air {Inacc +Fly rElec EV+5 RMsl}
Stlth  ++........               U - ring "Hetesea" {SustAb +Inv rPois+ rF- rC++ HP+9 Str+3 Dex+4}
                                s - ring "Girhaloyl" {+Twstr rPois+ rF+ MR+ Str-2 Dex+2}

@: repel missiles, almost entirely resistant to hostile enchantments, unstealthy
A: fangs 3, clumsy 1, deformed body, frail 1, regeneration 3, weak 1, magic
shield, antimagic bite, no device heal 3, rot immunity
a: Renounce Religion, Evoke Blink, Evoke Invisibility, Evoke Flight, Evoke
Twister
0: Orb of Zot
}: 3/15 runes: slimy, silver, gossamer

You escaped.
You worshipped Yredelemnul.
Yredelemnul was noncommittal.
You were not hungry.

You visited 9 branches of the dungeon, and saw 56 of its levels.
You visited 1 bazaar.
You also visited: Labyrinth, Sewer, Ice Cave and Wizlab.

You collected 5538 gold pieces.
You spent 4239 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 x - a +7 antimagic quick blade
   (Trog gifted it to you in an ice cave)
 M - a +7 quick blade of electrocution (weapon)
   (Trog gifted it to you on level 10 of the Dungeon)
Missiles
 O - 2 throwing nets (quivered) {!f}
Armour
 c - a +2 hat of see invisible (worn)
   (You found it in an ice cave)
 e - a +2 cloak
   (You took it off a draconian scorcher on level 3 of the Realm of Zot)
 v - the +9 fire dragon armour "Theur" (worn) {+Blink rF++ rC- Regen+ Dex+4}

It affects your dexterity (+4).
   It greatly protects you from fire.
   It makes you vulnerable to cold.
   It lets you blink.
   It increases your rate of regeneration.
 w - a +0 buckler of protection (worn)
   (You took it off the Enchantress on level 2 of the Depths)
 E - a +2 cloak of invisibility
   (You took it off a draconian annihilator on level 3 of the Realm of Zot)
 G - the +2 cloak of the Poles (worn) {rC++ Regen+ Str-2 Dex+3}

It affects your strength (-2).
   It affects your dexterity (+3).
   It greatly protects you from cold.
   It increases your rate of regeneration.
 K - a +2 pair of gloves of strength (worn)
 L - a +1 cloak
   (You took it off a draconian monk on level 5 of the Realm of Zot)
 W - the +1 pair of boots "Hotugh" (worn) {MR+ MP+9 Int+2}

It affects your intelligence (+2).
   It affects your magic capacity (+9).
Rods
 N - a +9 rod of inaccuracy (10/10)
   (You found it in a wizard's laboratory)
Jewellery
 f - the amulet of the Air (around neck) {Inacc +Fly rElec EV+5 RMsl}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 2 of the Orcish Mines)   

[amulet of inaccuracy]

It reduces the accuracy of all your attacks.
   It affects your evasion (+5).
   It insulates you from electricity.
   It lets you fly.
   It protects you from missiles.
 k - the ring "Phonaynu" {rN+ MR+ Int+3 Dex+4 Stlth-}
   (You took it off a frost giant on level 5 of the Vaults)   

[ring of loudness]

It makes you less stealthy.
 s - the ring "Girhaloyl" (left hand) {+Twstr rPois+ rF+ MR+ Str-2 Dex+2}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 2 of the Orcish Mines)   

[ring of protection from magic]

It affects your strength (-2).
   It affects your dexterity (+2).
   It protects you from fire.
   It can be evoked to create a twister.
 P - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
   (You found it on level 1 of the Elven Halls)
 U - the ring "Hetesea" (right hand) {SustAb +Inv rPois+ rF- rC++ HP+9 Str+3 Dex+4}
   (You took it off a deep elf conjurer on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

[ring of sustain abilities]

It sustains your strength, intelligence and dexterity.
   It affects your strength (+3).
   It makes you vulnerable to fire.
   It greatly protects you from cold.
   It affects your health (+9).
   It lets you turn invisible.
Magical devices
 h - a wand of fire (11)
   (You found it on level 3 of the Realm of Zot)
 i - a wand of teleportation (4)
 j - a wand of paralysis (4)
   (You found it on level 2 of the Depths)
 B - a wand of digging (1)
Scrolls
 b - 7 scrolls of immolation
 m - 2 scrolls of brand weapon
 n - 5 scrolls of fear
 o - 2 scrolls of fog
 q - 5 scrolls of teleportation
 u - 23 scrolls of remove curse
 y - 8 scrolls of recharging
 T - 6 scrolls of enchant armour
 V - a scroll of summoning
 X - 7 scrolls of blinking
 Z - 6 scrolls of identify
Potions
 a - 2 potions of resistance
 d - 2 potions of invisibility
 p - 4 potions of magic
 r - 5 potions of flight
 t - a potion of haste
 z - a potion of might
 A - 3 potions of cure mutation {!q}
 C - 16 potions of curing
 D - 3 potions of mutation {!q}
 I - 2 potions of restore abilities
 Y - 5 potions of brilliance
Miscellaneous
 g - a lantern of shadows
   (You found it on level 6 of the Lair of Beasts)
 l - a phantom mirror
 J - 3 stones of tremors
 R - 4 fans of gales
 S - a lamp of fire
Comestibles
 F - 7 bread rations
 H - 6 royal jellies
 Q - a slice of pizza

Skills:
 - Level 17.1 Fighting
 - Level 12.0 Short Blades
 + Level 12.5 Throwing
 - Level 15.8 Armour
 - Level 19.5 Dodging
 - Level 16.3 Stealth
 - Level 5.1 Shields
 - Level 17.6 Evocations

You had 24 spell levels left.

You have razor-sharp teeth.
You regenerate.
When hurt, damage is shared between your health and your magic reserves.
Your bite disrupts and absorbs the magic of your enemies.
Potions and wands cannot restore your health.
You are immune to rotting.
You are clumsy. (Dex -2)
Armour fits poorly on your strangely shaped body.
You are frail (-10% HP).
You are weak. (Str -2)

Branches:
Dungeon (15/15)            Temple (0/1) D:5            Lair (8/8) D:11
 Shoals (0/5) Lair:3       Spider (5/5) Lair:4        Slime (6/6) Lair:6
    Orc (4/4) D:10            Elf (3/3) Orc:3        Vaults (5/5) D:14
  Crypt (0/3) Vaults:2     Depths (5/5) D:15            Zot (5/5) Depths:5

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Sif Muna
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Jiyva

Shops:
D:12 :   Orc:2 =   Orc:4 (::[   Vaults:4 !   Depths:1 ?

Portals:
Hell: Depths:1 Depths:4 Depths:5
Pandemonium: Depths:1 Depths:2

Annotations:

.###.#...s....#############..#...
.###.#.########       ### ##.#.##
.......##.###       ###.## #...#
[###.##.....###   ###....####..#
.#...##..⌠....#####....⌠..###..##
.#.###.....⌠....#....⌠.....##...#
.#...#..⌠....⌠.....⌠....⌠..##...#
.#.#.#.....................##....
.....#######...s@....########..#.
...###     ####...####   ####..#.
...#         ##...##     #.....##
...#        ##..⌠..##    ###.#..#
...#       ##.......##     #.##.#
...#      ##..⌠...⌠..##    #.##..
...#      #...X.⌠.....######'###)
..(#      ###.(.....####......##.
...#        ####'#######.........

You could see an Orb Guardian and a giant cockroach.

Message History

Yredelemnul welcomes you!
You climb upwards.
Evoke which item? (* to show all) (? for menu, Esc to quit)
Zapping: B - a wand of digging (3)
The rock shatters into small pieces. This wand has 2 charges left.
Unknown command.
You climb upwards.
A giant cockroach comes into view.
The giant cockroach moves out of view.
Evoke which item? (* to show all) (? for menu, Esc to quit)
Zapping: B - a wand of digging (2)
The rock shatters into small pieces. This wand has 1 charge left.
A giant cockroach comes into view.
The giant cockroach completely misses you.
There is a dry fountain here.
The giant cockroach bites you.
You take 1 damage.
There is a staircase leading out of the dungeon here.
You are a level 25 Vine Stalker Berserker.
You are 53% of the way to level 26.
Play time: 01:54:42 (48596 turns)
The giant cockroach completely misses you. x2
You have escaped!

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
     0 | D:1      | kroki, the Vine Stalker Berserker, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 11/11 MP: 1/1
   200 | D:1      | Reached skill level 3 in Short Blades
   341 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 16/16 MP: 3/3
   711 | D:1      | You fall through a shaft!
   718 | D:2      | Acquired Trog's second power
   767 | D:2      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 17/19 MP: 4/4
  1406 | D:2      | Noticed Terence
  1407 | D:2      | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
  1423 | D:2      | Killed Terence
  1423 | D:2      | Reached skill level 4 in Short Blades
  1686 | D:2      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 21/23 MP: 5/5
  1835 | D:2      | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
  2158 | D:3      | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
  2159 | D:3      | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
  2637 | D:3      | Found a glowing drain.
  2648 | D:3      | Reached skill level 5 in Short Blades
  2649 | D:3      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 27/27 MP: 7/7
  2664 | Sewer    | Entered a sewer
  3597 | D:4      | Acquired Trog's third power
  3679 | D:4      | Reached skill level 6 in Short Blades
  3679 | D:4      | Gained mutation: You heal very quickly. [vine stalker growth]
  3679 | D:4      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 28/32 MP: 5/8
  3724 | D:4      | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
  4059 | D:4      | Noticed an ogre
  4063 | D:4      | Killed an ogre
  4241 | D:4      | Reached skill level 7 in Short Blades
  4241 | D:4      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 33/35 MP: 9/9
  4441 | D:4      | Noticed an ogre
  4451 | D:4      | Killed an ogre
  4623 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  4664 | D:5      | Reached skill level 8 in Short Blades
  4928 | D:5      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  5209 | D:6      | Gained mutation: You have razor-sharp teeth. [vine stalker growth]
  5209 | D:6      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 30/39 MP: 11/11
  5449 | D:6      | Reached skill level 9 in Short Blades
  6315 | D:7      | Reached skill level 10 in Short Blades
  6397 | D:7      | Received a gift from Trog
  6397 | D:7      | Reached skill level 3 in Fighting
  6397 | D:7      | Reached skill level 1 in Evocations
  6402 | D:7      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 44/44 MP: 9/14
  6673 | D:7      | Noticed a hill giant
  6960 | D:7      | Reached skill level 3 in Armour
  6960 | D:7      | Reached skill level 3 in Evocations
  7114 | D:7      | Killed a hill giant
  7477 | D:7      | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
  7709 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
  7767 | D:8      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 46/51 MP: 20/20
  7774 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Evocations
  7941 | D:8      | Received a gift from Trog
  8005 | D:8      | Found a shattered altar of Ashenzari.
  8104 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Armour
  8378 | D:8      | Noticed Psyche
  8388 | D:8      | Killed Psyche
  8388 | D:8      | Reached skill level 6 in Fighting
  8771 | D:9      | Reached skill level 6 in Evocations
  9559 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
  9590 | D:10     | Received a gift from Trog
  9705 | D:10     | Noticed Harold
  9705 | D:10     | Reached skill level 6 in Armour
  9719 | D:10     | Killed Harold
  9774 | D:10     | Killed an unseen horror
  9774 | D:10     | Reached XP level 11. HP: 36/60 MP: 6/22
  9828 | D:10     | Got a smoking cloak
  9884 | D:10     | Identified the +1 cloak "Tiroomoe" {Dex+2} (You found it on level 10 of the Dungeon)
  9949 | D:10     | Reached skill level 8 in Fighting
 10159 | D:10     | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
 10450 | D:10     | Noticed a hill giant
 10462 | D:10     | Killed a hill giant
 10688 | D:10     | Received a gift from Trog
 10936 | D:11     | Noticed Maurice
 10948 | D:11     | Killed Maurice
 11262 | D:11     | Found a staircase to the Lair.
 11291 | D:11     | Reached skill level 8 in Armour
 11756 | D:11     | Noticed a seven-headed hydra
 11765 | D:11     | Killed a seven-headed hydra
 11765 | D:11     | Gained mutation: You regenerate. [vine stalker growth]
 11765 | D:11     | Reached XP level 12. HP: 67/67 MP: 8/25
 11921 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 11992 | Lair:1   | Noticed an eight-headed hydra
 12002 | Lair:1   | Killed an eight-headed hydra
 12003 | Lair:1   | Noticed Joseph
 12010 | Lair:1   | Killed Joseph
 12030 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 8 in Evocations
 12119 | Lair:1   | Received a gift from Trog
 12740 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
 13182 | Lair:2   | Got a heavily runed scale mail
 13183 | Lair:2   | Identified the +3 scale mail of the Falcon {rC+ rN++ rCorr HP+9 Str-2 Int-3 Dex+3 Stlth+} (You found it on level 2 of the Lair of Beasts)
 13235 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 3 in Dodging
 13248 | Lair:2   | Found a labyrinth entrance.
 13256 | Lab      | Entered a labyrinth
 14029 | Lab      | Noticed a minotaur
 14040 | Lab      | Killed a minotaur
 14071 | Lab      | Identified the Catalogue of Dislocation
 14089 | Lab      | Got a warped leather armour
 14207 | Lab      | Identified the +1 leather armour of the Wasteland {+Fly rF+ HP-9} (You found it in a labyrinth)
 14477 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
 14528 | Lair:2   | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
 14609 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 6 in Dodging
 14744 | Lair:2   | Received a gift from Trog
 14744 | Lair:2   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 72/72 MP: 26/26
 15273 | Lair:3   | Noticed Prince Ribbit
 15291 | Lair:3   | Killed Prince Ribbit
 15619 | Lair:3   | Found a staircase to the Shoals.
 16080 | Lair:3   | Noticed Fannar
 16127 | Lair:3   | Killed Fannar
 16308 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 8 in Dodging
 16340 | Lair:4   | Found a hole to the Spider Nest.
 16913 | Lair:4   | Received a gift from Trog
 17976 | Lair:6   | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 17985 | Lair:6   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 18102 | Lair:6   | Received a gift from Trog
 18136 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 11 in Fighting
 18144 | Lair:6   | Got a dazzling rapier {god gift}
 18145 | Lair:6   | Identified the -2 rapier of Beyond {drain, rPois+} (Trog gifted it to you on level 6 of the Lair of Beasts)
 18183 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 10 in Armour
 18725 | Slime:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Pits of Slime
 18769 | Lair:7   | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
 18785 | Lair:7   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 79/79 MP: 28/28
 19665 | Lair:8   | Entered Level 8 of the Lair of Beasts
 19968 | Lair:8   | Received a gift from Trog
 20394 | Lair:8   | Received a gift from Trog
 20394 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
 21000 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 12 in Fighting
 21460 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 21460 | Orc:1    | Noticed Grum
 21464 | Orc:1    | Killed Grum
 21548 | Orc:2    | Found Vedusism's Jewellery Shoppe.
 21579 | Orc:2    | Received a gift from Trog
 21600 | Orc:2    | Bought the amulet of the Air {Inacc +Fly rElec EV+5 RMsl} for 618 gold pieces
 21600 | Orc:2    | Bought the ring "Girhaloyl" {+Twstr rPois+ rF+ MR+ Str-2 Dex+2} for 561 gold pieces
 21670 | Orc:2    | Noticed Snorg
 21694 | Orc:2    | Killed Snorg
 21701 | Orc:2    | Noticed Eustachio
 21713 | Orc:2    | Killed Eustachio
 22208 | Orc:1    | Received a gift from Trog
 22211 | Orc:1    | Got a scorched dagger {god gift}
 22212 | Orc:1    | Identified the +2 dagger "Phawk" {speed, Int+3 Stlth+} (Trog gifted it to you on level 1 of the Orcish Mines)
 22725 | Orc:3    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 23430 | Orc:4    | Entered Level 4 of the Orcish Mines
 23431 | Orc:4    | Noticed Nergalle
 23477 | Orc:4    | Killed Nergalle
 23605 | Orc:4    | Noticed Urug
 23626 | Orc:4    | Killed Urug
 23875 | Orc:4    | Found Chuestrae's Antique Armour Boutique.
 23877 | Orc:4    | Received a gift from Trog
 23905 | Orc:4    | Reached XP level 15. HP: 80/85 MP: 28/28
 23969 | Orc:4    | Found Quniur's Book Shoppe.
 23974 | Orc:4    | Found Mnewos' Book Shoppe.
 23976 | Orc:4    | Found Noaheur's Antique Weapon Boutique.
 24068 | Orc:4    | Bought a crude cloak for 256 gold pieces
 24080 | Orc:4    | Identified the +2 cloak of the Poles {rC++ Regen+ Str-2 Dex+3} (You bought it in a shop on level 4 of the Orcish Mines)
 24465 | D:12     | Received a gift from Trog
 24478 | D:12     | Found Bangonu Pluwn's Book Shop.
 24992 | D:13     | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
 25740 | D:14     | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
 25844 | D:14     | Received a gift from Trog
 25844 | D:14     | Reached skill level 13 in Fighting
 25881 | D:14     | Found a gate to the Vaults.a jewelled leather armour
 31923 | Elf:3    | Noticed a deep elf blademaster
 31969 | Elf:3    | Killed a deep elf blademaster
 31969 | Elf:3    | Reached skill level 15 in Fighting
 32007 | Elf:3    | Reached XP level 18. HP: 104/104 MP: 10/32
 32042 | Elf:3    | Got a pair of spiked boots
 32053 | Elf:3    | Identified the +1 pair of boots "Hotugh" {MR+ MP+9 Int+2} (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 32071 | Elf:3    | Identified the +0 leather armour of Integrity {rElec rPois+ rC+ HP+9 Dex-4} (You took it off a deep elf annihilator on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 32133 | Elf:3    | Got a vibrating wooden ring
 32135 | Elf:3    | Identified the ring "Hetesea" {SustAb +Inv rPois+ rF- rC++ HP+9 Str+3 Dex+4} (You took it off a deep elf conjurer on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 32293 | Elf:3    | Got a brightly glowing scimitar
 32951 | Slime:4  | Reached skill level 14 in Armour
 33007 | Slime:6  | Entered Level 6 of the Pits of Slime
 33041 | Slime:6  | Reached skill level 1 in Stealth
 33060 | Slime:6  | Reached skill level 3 in Stealth
 33136 | Slime:6  | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 33138 | Slime:6  | Noticed the royal jelly
 33154 | Slime:6  | Reached skill level 5 in Stealth
 33187 | Slime:6  | Killed the royal jelly
 33187 | Slime:6  | Reached skill level 8 in Stealth
 33265 | Slime:6  | Reached skill level 10 in Stealth
 33348 | Slime:6  | Got a slimy rune of Zot
 33350 | Slime:6  | Got a topaz-encrusted fire dragon armour
 33361 | Slime:6  | Identified the +9 fire dragon armour "Theur" {+Blink rF++ rC- Regen+ Dex+4} (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
 33363 | Slime:6  | Received a gift from Trog
 34023 | Vaults:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 34241 | Vaults:1 | Reached XP level 19. HP: 108/108 MP: 33/33
 34248 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 12 in Stealth
 34261 | Vaults:1 | Received a gift from Trog
 34289 | Vaults:1 | Got a transparent quick blade {god gift}
 34290 | Vaults:1 | Identified the +3 quick blade of Ingusaba {pierce, rC- MR++ Str+4} (Trog gifted it to you on level 1 of the Vaults)
 34643 | Vaults:1 | Received a gift from Trog
 35091 | Vaults:1 | Noticed Gorice's ghost (mighty DgWn)
 35184 | Vaults:1 | Killed Gorice's ghost
 35676 | Vaults:2 | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 35676 | Vaults:2 | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
 35676 | Vaults:2 | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
 35726 | Vaults:2 | Received a gift from Trog
 36080 | Vaults:2 | Received a gift from Trog
 36530 | Vaults:2 | Received a gift from Trog
 36546 | Vaults:2 | Got a crude hunting sling {god gift}
 36593 | Vaults:2 | Reached XP level 20. HP: 114/114 MP: 34/34
 36876 | Vaults:3 | Reached skill level 14 in Dodging
 36963 | Vaults:3 | Reached skill level 16 in Fighting
 37271 | Vaults:3 | Received a gift from Trog
 37527 | Vaults:3 | Received a gift from Trog
 37656 | Vaults:3 | Reached skill level 14 in Stealth
 38207 | Vaults:4 | Received a gift from Trog
 38218 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 12 in Short Blades
 38486 | Vaults:4 | Got a scorched scale mail
 38532 | Vaults:4 | Identified the cursed -1 scale mail of the Game of Kings {MR+ Regen+ Str+2} (You found it on level 4 of the Vaults)
 38831 | Vaults:4 | Found Xahokihu's Distillery.
 39208 | Vaults:4 | Received a gift from Trog
 39327 | Vaults:4 | Received a gift from Trog
 39769 | D:12     | Bought a manual of Dodging for 1214 gold pieces
 40073 | Vaults:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Vaults
 40090 | Vaults:5 | Noticed a golden dragon
 40113 | Vaults:5 | Killed a golden dragon
 40126 | Vaults:5 | Noticed Jory
 40152 | Vaults:5 | Reached XP level 21. HP: 105/120 MP: 34/34
 40292 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 16 in Dodging
 40381 | Vaults:5 | Got an ancient plate armour
 40387 | Vaults:5 | Identified the cursed +0 plate armour "Pnuolut" {rPois+ rN- rCorr Str-3} (You took it off a vault guard on level 5 of the Vaults)
 40454 | Vaults:5 | kroki: sup
 40454 | Vaults:5 | kroki: i love your entries in highscores
 40537 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 17 in Dodging
 40546 | Vaults:5 | Identified a scroll of acquirement
 40548 | Vaults:5 | Identified a +2 crystal plate armour (You acquired it on level 5 of the Vaults)
 40574 | Vaults:5 | Noticed Mennas
 40665 | Vaults:5 | Killed Mennas
 40860 | Vaults:5 | Killed Jory
 40928 | Vaults:5 | Got a silver rune of Zot
 40936 | Vaults:5 | Received a gift from Trog
 40936 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 18 in Dodging
 40960 | Vaults:5 | Noticed a golden dragon
 40980 | Vaults:5 | Killed a golden dragon
 41035 | Vaults:5 | Got a shimmering lapis lazuli ring
 41589 | Spider:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Spider Nest
 41960 | Spider:3 | Received a gift from Trog
 42062 | Spider:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Spider Nest
 42324 | Spider:5 | Reached XP level 22. HP: 125/125 MP: 35/35
 42438 | Spider:5 | Reached skill level 19 in Dodging
 42454 | Spider:5 | Received a gift from Trog
 42457 | Spider:5 | Got a jewelled rapier {god gift}
 42457 | Spider:5 | Got a gossamer rune of Zot
 42458 | Spider:5 | Identified the -1 rapier of Xaehoal {drain, rPois+ rF+ Str+4} (Trog gifted it to you on level 5 of the Spider Nest)
 42643 | Spider:2 | Identified the ring "Phonaynu" {rN+ MR+ Int+3 Dex+4 Stlth-} (You took it off a frost giant on level 5 of the Vaults)
 42980 | Depths:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Depths
 43060 | Depths:1 | Found a gateway to Hell.
 43068 | Depths:1 | Found Xearhuen's Magic Scroll Shoppe.
 43170 | Depths:1 | Found a one-way gate leading to the halls of Pandemonium.
 43459 | Depths:2 | Noticed Aizul
 43466 | Depths:2 | Killed Aizul
 43472 | Depths:2 | Noticed the Enchantress
 43668 | Depths:2 | Killed the Enchantress
 43699 | Depths:2 | Got a faerie dragon armour
 43700 | Depths:2 | Identified the +7 faerie dragon armour {rElec Int+4 Dex+4} (You took it off the Enchantress on level 2 of the Depths)
 43954 | Depths:3 | Found a magical portal.
 43961 | WizLab   | Entered Tukima's Studio
 44393 | Depths:4 | Received a gift from Trog
 44534 | Depths:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Depths
 44671 | Depths:5 | Noticed Sojobo
 44718 | Depths:5 | Killed Sojobo
 44825 | Depths:5 | Reached XP level 23. HP: 130/130 MP: 36/36
 44951 | Depths:5 | Reached skill level 16 in Stealth
 45007 | Depths:5 | Reached skill level 12 in Evocations
 45100 | Depths:5 | Received a gift from Trog
 45121 | Depths:5 | Found a gate to the Realm of Zot.
 45275 | Zot:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Realm of Zot
 45618 | Zot:2    | Reached skill level 14 in Evocations
 45651 | Zot:2    | Noticed an orb of fire
 45690 | Zot:2    | Killed an orb of fire
 45842 | Zot:3    | Received a gift from Trog
 45887 | Zot:3    | Noticed an orb of fire
 45916 | Zot:3    | Killed an orb of fire
 46094 | Zot:3    | Got a pair of ichor-stained boots
 46095 | Zot:3    | Identified the +2 pair of boots of the Big Bang {Int+4} (You found it on level 3 of the Realm of Zot)
 46298 | Zot:3    | Reached XP level 24. HP: 136/136 MP: 39/39
 46325 | Zot:3    | Reached skill level 16 in Evocations
 46639 | Zot:5    | Entered Level 5 of the Realm of Zot
 46879 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 46957 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
 46959 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 46991 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 46997 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 47106 | Zot:5    | Received a gift from Trog
 47106 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 3 in Throwing
 47169 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 47177 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 47177 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 5 in Throwing
 47277 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 6 in Throwing
 47355 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 47402 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your spells are a little easier to cast, but a little less powerful. [an orb of fire]
 47415 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 47426 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
 47427 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 47431 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 47431 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 8 in Throwing
 47437 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 47441 | Zot:5    | Reached XP level 25. HP: 140/140 MP: 16/41
 47522 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 10 in Throwing
 47550 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Armour fits poorly on your strangely shaped body. [mutagenic glow]
 47640 | Zot:5    | Got the Orb of Zot
 47684 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 47698 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You are frail (-10% HP). [an orb of fire]
 47702 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You are dopey. (Int -2) [an orb of fire]
 47706 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your spells are easier to cast, but less powerful. [mutagenic glow]
 47711 | Zot:4    | Lost mutation: You are dopey. (Int -2) [potion of cure mutation]
 47711 | Zot:4    | Lost mutation: Your spells are easier to cast, but less powerful. [potion of cure mutation]
 47711 | Zot:4    | Lost mutation: Your spells are a little easier to cast, but a little less powerful. [potion of cure mutation]
 47904 | Depths:3 | Gained mutation: You are weak. (Str -2) [mutagenic glow]
 47980 | Depths:1 | Noticed Temei the pandemonium lord
 47992 | Depths:1 | Gained mutation: You are clumsy. (Dex -2) [a cacodemon]
 48017 | Depths:1 | Killed Temei the pandemonium lord
 48217 | D:9      | Noticed Smucauf the pandemonium lord
 48265 | D:9      | Killed Smucauf the pandemonium lord
 48354 | D:8      | Reached skill level 12 in Throwing
 48477 | D:3      | Noticed Khuguon the pandemonium lord
 48499 | D:3      | Killed Khuguon the pandemonium lord
 48536 | D:3      | Fell from the grace of Trog
 48536 | D:3      | Became a worshipper of Yredelemnul the Dark
 48597 | D:$      | Escaped with the Orb!

Vanquished Creatures
  the royal jelly (Slime:6)
  3 orbs of fire
  4 ancient liches (Zot:5)
  Norris (Elf:2)
  6 golden dragons
  3 pandemonium lords
  Mennas (Vaults:5)
  Jory (Vaults:5)
  the Enchantress (Depths:2)
  2 electric golems (Zot:5)
  An Ice Fiend (IceCv)
  A tentacled monstrosity (Zot:2)
  3 deep elf blademasters
  23 Orb Guardians
  3 titans (Vaults:5)
  The ghost of Gorice the Tortoise, a mighty DgWn (Vaults:1)
  A lich (Depths:2)
  10 acid blobs
  A sphinx (Vaults:5)
  Agnes (Elf:2)
  Kirke (D:15)
  5 storm dragons
  4 shadow dragons
  4 tengu reavers
  4 draconian monks
  3 azure jellies (Slime:6)
  A balrug (Elf:3)
  4 fire giants
  7 ghost moths
  11 vault wardens
  5 draconian knights
  4 frost giants
  14 deep elf sorcerers
  Aizul (Depths:2)
  4 draconian scorchers
  A cacodemon (Depths:1)
  4 emperor scorpions (Spider:5)
  6 draconian zealots
  11 ironheart preservers
  A reaper (Depths:1)
  3 spriggan defenders (Depths:2)
  16 stone giants
  3 draconian annihilators
  A war gargoyle (Vaults:5)
  4 draconian shifters
  2 draconian callers (Zot:3)
  2 rakshasas (Depths:1)
  7 very ugly things
  4 green draconians
  4 deep elf demonologists (Elf:3)
  A pale draconian (Zot:5)
  2 grey draconians
  5 white draconians
  3 black draconians
  8 deep elf annihilators
  4 red draconians
  3 dire elephants
  4 purple draconians
  15 yellow draconians
  6 mottled draconians
  Snorg (Orc:2)
  3 deep elf death magi (Elf:3)
  5 death oozes (Slime:6)
  5 ettins
  8 yaktaur captains
  21 vault guards
  4 fire dragons
  2 minotaurs
  8 ice dragons
  6 death cobs
  5 great orbs of eyes
  Fannar (Lair:3)
  Harold (D:10)
  6 deep elf high priests
  6 statues (WizLab)
  3 spriggan air magi
  16 ogre magi
  5 hydras
  22 dancing weapons
  4 deep troll earth magi
  9 centaur warriors
  14 death yaks
  3 deep troll shamans
  4 orc high priests
  Urug (Orc:4)
  A soul eater (D:9)
  2 catoblepae (Lair:6)
  A spectral orc (Orc:4)
  Nergalle (Orc:4)
  2 hell hogs (D:7)
  A storm dragon zombie (Depths:5)
  3 shadow wraiths
  A fire crab (Vaults:1)
  A hell knight (Depths:5)
  An iron troll (Vaults:5)
  2 unseen horrors
  5 skeletal warriors (D:14)
  A fire crab (shapeshifter) (Elf:3)
  13 deep elf knights
  4 ice devils (IceCv)
  4 giant orange brains
  21 deep trolls
  8 deep elf summoners
  An ice statue (IceCv)
  A flayed ghost (Vaults:4)
  10 deep elf conjurers
  A necromancer (Vaults:4)
  15 orc knights
  22 ironbrand convokers
  A shining eye (Slime:2)
  5 oklob plants
  6 hill giants
  A swamp dragon (Zot:3)
  6 orc sorcerers
  43 ugly things
  9 griffons
  6 orb spiders
  A salamander (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  5 cyclopes
  3 salamanders (Depths:5)
  11 moths of wrath
  2 manticores
  7 hornets
  A water nymph (Lair:3)
  3 phantasmal warriors
  15 wolf spiders
  A siren (Lair:3)
  5 black mambas
  Maurice (D:11)
  A smoke demon (D:3)
  Joseph (Lair:1)
  A frost giant skeleton (Vaults:4)
  4 rust devils
  13 vault sentinels
  21 spiny frogs
  2 black mambas (shapeshifter)
  6 elephants (Lair:7)
  2 torpor snails (Lair:2)
  A guardian serpent (shapeshifter) (Depths:5)
  3 sixfirhies
  2 eyes of devastation
  Psyche (D:8)
  2 gargoyles
  A spiny frog (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  3 anaconda simulacra (IceCv)
  2 green draconian zombies (Depths:5)
  26 yaktaurs
  6 demonic crawlers
  A black draconian zombie (Depths:5)
  13 deep elf priests
  A kobold demonologist (Vaults:1)
  2 fire drakes
  4 jumping spiders
  A tengu conjurer (D:13)
  A hellwing (Depths:5)
  A golden dragon simulacrum (IceCv)
  A human skeleton (Vaults:4)
  A tormentor (D:3)
  An elf (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  3 blue devils
  A troll (shapeshifter) (Vaults:1)
  7 komodo dragons
  2 polar bears
  A queen bee (D:8)
  A queen bee (shapeshifter) (Vaults:1)
  5 trolls
  48 blink frogs
  A giant leech (Lair:8)
  27 two-headed ogres
  Prince Ribbit (Lair:3)
  A two-headed ogre (shapeshifter) (Vaults:4)
  5 freezing wraiths
  An ice dragon zombie (Depths:5)
  2 ravens (D:13)
  5 boulder beetles
  4 shadows
  54 slime creatures
  A baby alligator (shapeshifter) (Depths:1)
  A trapdoor spider (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  2 vampires
  13 redbacks
  6 basilisks
  3 wyverns
  7 trapdoor spiders
  13 tarantellas
  2 spriggans (Depths:2)
  3 dire elephant simulacra (IceCv)
  3 air elementals (Depths:5)
  A wraith (D:10)
  4 fire bats (Depths:5)
  Eustachio (Orc:2)
  6 golden eyes (Slime:4)
  29 deep elf magi
  2 hogs (D:15)
  Grum (Orc:1)
  5 wolves
  42 deep elf fighters
  19 vampire mosquitoes
  25 yaks
  A yaktaur simulacrum (Vaults:4)
  A ynoxinul (Depths:1)
  A hippogriff (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  4 wargs
  An iron troll simulacrum (IceCv)
  2 mottled dragons
  9 hippogriffs
  A hungry ghost (D:7)
  11 porcupines
  2 soldier ants (D:13)
  4 harpy simulacra (IceCv)
  5 hydra simulacra (IceCv)
  9 water moccasins
  4 sky beasts
  39 orc warriors
  A wasp (D:11)
  A black bear (shapeshifter) (Vaults:4)
  2 black bears
  7 ice beasts
  An eye of draining (D:14)
  15 spiders
  3 boggarts (Depths:3)
  An ettin simulacrum (IceCv)
  5 phantoms
  A boring beetle (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  2 orc zombies (Orc:4)
  A boring beetle (Lair:4)
  An ogre (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  60 ogres
  A centaur (D:14)
  8 crocodiles
  3 necrophages
  A big kobold (D:13)
  33 giant frogs
  A gnoll sergeant (D:11)
  A wyvern zombie (D:13)
  9 scorpions
  23 killer bees
  3 electric eels (Lair:8)
  11 crimson imps
  3 goliath beetles
  3 centaur zombies
  4 iguanas
  A quasit (D:10)
  3 centaur skeletons
  35 orc priests
  A giant frog skeleton (D:9)
  41 jellies
  15 hounds
  44 orc wizards
  3 draconian simulacra (IceCv)
  A wolf simulacrum (IceCv)
  7 worker ants
  2 polar bear simulacra (IceCv)
  2 spriggan simulacra (IceCv)
  3 troll simulacra (IceCv)
  30 sheep
  5 centaur simulacra (IceCv)
  2 hound skeletons
  Terence (D:2)
  6 gnolls (D:11)
  14 adders
v_misc_30,
          hangedman_vaults_pinch, v_rooms_3, v_rooms_4,
          nicolae_vaults_ring_of_whatevers, vaults_room_pool,
          ontoclasm_vaults_loading_screen
Vaults:2: nicolae_vaults_disjoint_gnomons, v_misc_18,
          minmay_crypt_entry_necro_gods, vaults_room_fours, grunt_vaults_twisty,
          hangedman_vaults_unwind, v_pattern_2, serial_ice_g, v_misc_23
Vaults:3: vaults_room_stairs_pillars, ontoclasm_vaults_eye,
          vaults_mumra_bighexcomb, v_rooms_4, hangedman_vaults_restitches,
          nicolae_vaults_circle_grid_b, v_misc_18, stair_cage_open
Vaults:4: nicolae_vaults_little_squares_5, ontoclasm_vaults_ring_square,
          vaults_dpeg_spiral, v_misc_2, vaults_dpeg_encased_lava,
          ontoclasm_vaults_gateway, ontoclasm_vaults_decontamination, v_misc_3,
          vaults_room_fours, nicolae_vaults_three_branches, serial_shops, shop
Vaults:5: uniq_mennas, uniq_jory, uniq_wiglaf
Depths:1: minmay_misc_feat_doors, rand_demon_pan_entry_3, hell_entry,
          kennysheep_windowed_goal, kennysheep_random_hallway,
          grunt_megastairs_3, serial_bayou_shore_b
Depths:2: minmay_broken_ring, enter_ziggurat_b, pan_entry,
          hangedman_abyss_or_decor_slice, hangedman_geh_valley, uniq_aizul,
          uniq_mara, uniq_nikola, uniq_enchantress
Depths:3: evilmike_hourglass, grunt_mini_vestibule, abyss_entry_flame_altar,
          pan_entry, roderic_ancient_swastika, mu_enter_wizlab_2
Depths:4: minmay_three_patterns, abyss_entry, hellmouth_1, kennysheep_nub
Depths:5: grunt_crosshair, infiniplex_staircase_pool_lava, hell_entry,
          horrible_house_mu, uniq_sojobo
Zot:2:    st_single_dragon_hoard_1
Zot:3:    lemuel_acid_trip, st_small_dragon_hoard_1
Zot:4:    st_large_dragon_hoard_1
Lab:      nicolae_lab_dead_adventurers
Bazaar:   bazaar_minmay_row
Sewer:    sewer_fruit_machine
IceCv:    ice_cave_caverns_01
WizLab:   wizlab_tukima

vsbe is a meatgrinder and an absolute monster in melee. i tabbed vault 5 without even caring about positioning, if things were getting even remotely sour i just popped consumables and bros and hold down that tab. went slime for the 1st rune, vaults for the second and spider for the third - i just hate abyss. if theres a be that doesnt need ranged combat at all itd be vsbe (the irony). i turned throwing on in zot:5 to net liches more reliably

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.16-a0-3714-geb26cbe (webtiles) character file.

413394 kroki the Unseen (level 23, -24/128 HPs)
             Began as a Vine Stalker Berserker on Jan 20, 2015.
             Was a High Priest of Trog.
             Killed from afar by an ancient lich (51 damage)
             ... with a crystal spear
             ... on level 5 of the Realm of Zot.
             The game lasted 01:33:57 (41484 turns).

kroki the Unseen (Vine Stalker Berserker)          Turns: 41484, Time: 01:33:57

Health: -24/128    AC: 34    Str: 18 (20) XL:     23   Next: 21%
Magic:  0/44       EV: 29    Int:  9 (15) God:    Trog [*****.]
Gold:   1219       SH:  9    Dex: 26      Spells: 0 memorised, 22 levels left

rFire  + . .     SeeInvis .     Q - +9 quick blade (freeze)
rCold  + + +     Clarity  .     o - quicksilver dragon armour of Twiqet {rC+ MR+}
rNeg   + + +     SustAb   .     d - +2 buckler of Compression {rC+ Dex+2}
rPois  +         Gourm    .     s - +1 helmet "Ipootint" {rC+ rN+ Str+4}
rElec  .         Spirit   +     S - +1 cloak
rCorr  .         Warding  .     r - +2 pair of gloves of Integrity {MP+9 Int+4}
rMut   .         Stasis   .     z - +1 pair of boots {run}
MR     +++++                    Y - amulet of regeneration
Stlth  ++++++++..               G - ring "Adafeuwn" {+Fly rF+ rN++ AC+5 Str-4}
                                C - ring of the Final Decision {Wiz rPois+ Int+4 Stlth+}

@: very slightly contaminated, regenerating, quick, almost entirely resistant to
hostile enchantments, extraordinarily stealthy
A: fangs 3, deterioration 1, regeneration 3, shaggy fur 1, magic shield,
antimagic bite, no device heal 3, rot immunity
a: Burn Spellbooks, Berserk, Trog's Hand, Brothers in Arms, Renounce Religion,
Evoke Flight
}: 3/15 runes: serpentine, slimy, silver

You were on level 5 of the Realm of Zot.
You worshipped Trog.
Trog was extremely pleased with you.
You were not hungry.

You visited 9 branches of the dungeon, and saw 56 of its levels.
You also visited: Ice Cave.

You collected 4871 gold pieces.
You spent 3652 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 Q - a +9 quick blade of freezing (weapon)
   (Trog gifted it to you on level 8 of the Lair of Beasts)
 W - a +5 antimagic quick blade
   (Trog gifted it to you on level 4 of the Depths)
 X - the +7 dagger of Pigh {antimagic, SInv}
   (Trog gifted it to you on level 4 of the Dungeon)   

It disrupts the flow of magical energy around spellcasters and certain
   magical creatures (including the wielder).

It enhances your eyesight.
Missiles
 H - 6 curare-tipped needles {!f}
Armour
 d - the +2 buckler of Compression (worn) {rC+ Dex+2}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 1 of the Elven Halls)   

It affects your dexterity (+2).
 o - the quicksilver dragon armour of Twiqet (worn) {rC+ MR+}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 4 of the Dungeon)   

r - the +2 pair of gloves of Integrity (worn) {MP+9 Int+4}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 1 of the Elven Halls)   

It affects your intelligence (+4).
   It affects your magic capacity (+9).
 s - the +1 helmet "Ipootint" (worn) {rC+ rN+ Str+4}
   (You took it off Robin on level 3 of the Dungeon)   

It affects your strength (+4).
 v - the +5 plate armour of the Black Moon {rF++ rCorr Int-2 Slay-3 Stlth++}

It affects your intelligence (-2).
   It affects your accuracy and damage with ranged weapons and melee attacks
   (-3).
   It greatly protects you from fire.
   It protects you from acid and corrosion.
   It makes you much more stealthy.
 z - a +1 pair of boots of running (worn)
 S - a +1 cloak (worn)
   (You took it off a white draconian in an ice cave)
Jewellery
 g - the ring of Naneamp {+Blink MR+}

[ring of protection from magic]

It lets you blink.
 h - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
   (You found it on level 10 of the Dungeon)
 C - the ring of the Final Decision (left hand) {Wiz rPois+ Int+4 Stlth+}

[ring of wizardry]

It improves your spell success rate.
   It affects your intelligence (+4).
   It makes you more stealthy.
 G - the ring "Adafeuwn" (right hand) {+Fly rF+ rN++ AC+5 Str-4}
   (You took it off a deep elf annihilator on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

[ring of protection]

It affects your AC (+5).
   It affects your strength (-4).
   It protects you from fire.
   It greatly protects you from negative energy.
   It lets you fly.
 Y - an amulet of regeneration (around neck)
   (You found it on level 2 of the Elven Halls)
Magical devices
 a - a wand of invisibility (3)
   (You took it off Eustachio on level 4 of the Dungeon)
 n - a wand of paralysis (9)
   (You found it on level 1 of the Dungeon)
 A - a wand of digging (5)
 D - a wand of teleportation (6)
 F - a wand of paralysis (11)
 O - a wand of enslavement (5)
   (You took it off Edmund on level 7 of the Dungeon)
 P - a wand of draining (4)
   (You found it on level 5 of the Lair of Beasts)
 U - a wand of confusion (16)
 V - a wand of teleportation (1)
   (You found it on level 1 of the Lair of Beasts)
 Z - a wand of frost (22)
   (You found it on level 2 of the Lair of Beasts)
Scrolls
 b - 2 scrolls of recharging
 j - 2 scrolls of fear
 u - 4 scrolls of fog
 x - 6 scrolls of identify
 M - a scroll of blinking
 N - 9 scrolls of remove curse
 R - 2 scrolls of enchant weapon
 T - a scroll of teleportation
Potions
 e - 3 potions of cure mutation {!q}
 f - 21 potions of curing
 k - 2 potions of haste
 l - 8 potions of brilliance
 m - 2 potions of invisibility
 p - a potion of agility
 t - 5 potions of cancellation
 w - 3 potions of resistance
 B - 2 potions of magic
 I - 2 potions of might
 L - 7 potions of restore abilities
Miscellaneous
 y - a phial of floods
 E - 2 lamps of fire
 K - a fan of gales
Comestibles
 c - 10 bread rations
 i - a beef jerky

Skills:
 - Level 16.1 Fighting
 - Level 10.5 Short Blades
 - Level 14.8 Throwing
 - Level 14.5 Armour
 - Level 16.8 Dodging
 - Level 17.3 Stealth
 - Level 5.0 Shields
 + Level 10.2 Evocations

You had 22 spell levels left.

You have razor-sharp teeth.
You regenerate.
When hurt, damage is shared between your health and your magic reserves.
Your bite disrupts and absorbs the magic of your enemies.
Potions and wands cannot restore your health.
You are immune to rotting.
Your body is slowly deteriorating.
You are covered in fur (AC +1).

Branches:
Dungeon (15/15)            Temple (0/1) D:5            Lair (8/8) D:9
 Shoals (0/5) Lair:5        Snake (5/5) Lair:3        Slime (6/6) Lair:7
    Orc (4/4) D:11            Elf (3/3) Orc:4        Vaults (5/5) D:13
  Crypt (0/3) Vaults:2     Depths (5/5) D:15            Zot (5/5) Depths:5

Altars:
Ashenzari
Dithmenos
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Sif Muna
Trog
Yredelemnul
Zin
The Shining One
Beogh
Jiyva

Shops:
D:4 *   Orc:4 *([:   Elf:1 }?[   Elf:3 ?   Vaults:1 *

Portals:
Pandemonium: Depths:3

Annotations:
Lair:7 exclusion: 3 oklob plants
Lair:8 runed door

##...........(........
 ***▓▓▓▓▓* #.....................
**,,.....▓*▓.....................
*,,,......▓▓.....................
,,,........▓......^..............
,,,..0.....XX(.........^.........
,,,......X.▓..L§§................
*,,,......▓▓..X§X§...............
**,,.X...▓*▓.§§X@................
 ***▓▓▓▓▓* ▓.§§§§§T.............,
           â–“â–“..§...............,,
            ▓▓▓..§............,,,
              ▓▓▓▓....[....,,,,**
                 *▓▓▓▓▓▓********

You could see an ancient lich, 3 Orb Guardians and a friendly iron troll
(berserk).

Message History

The ancient lich is moderately damaged.
You hit the ancient lich but do no damage.
You bite the ancient lich.
The ancient lich's magic leaks into the air.
You drain its magic. You feel invigorated.
The ancient lich is moderately damaged.
The Orb Guardian hits you!
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
You take 6 damage.
Read which item? (? for menu, Esc to quit)
A powerful magic prevents control of your teleportation.
You blink.
As you read the scroll of blinking, it crumbles to dust.
Unknown command.
Read which item? (? for menu, Esc to quit)
As you read the scroll of fog, it crumbles to dust.
The scroll dissolves into smoke. The Orb Guardian completely misses you.
Use which ability? (? or * to list)
Your skin crawls.
You feel resistant to hostile enchantments.
You feel slightly less full.
The ancient lich casts a spell.
The ancient lich summons a servant imbued with its destructive magic!
The Orb Guardian completely misses you.
Use which ability? (? or * to list)
Your iron troll goes berserk!
You block the Orb Guardian's attack.
The ancient lich points at you and mumbles some strange words.
The crystal spear hits you!
You die...

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
     0 | D:1      | kroki, the Vine Stalker Berserker, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 11/11 MP: 1/1
   121 | D:1      | Reached skill level 3 in Short Blades
   241 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 16/16 MP: 3/3
   306 | D:1      | Reached skill level 1 in Throwing
   932 | D:2      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 19/19 MP: 4/4
   980 | D:2      | Acquired Trog's second power
  1060 | D:2      | Found a shattered altar of Ashenzari.
  1160 | D:2      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 23/23 MP: 3/5
  1161 | D:2      | Reached skill level 3 in Throwing
  1501 | D:2      | Found a shadowy altar of Dithmenos.
  1758 | D:3      | Noticed kroki's ghost (weakling MiHu)
  1766 | D:3      | Killed kroki's ghost
  1766 | D:3      | Reached skill level 4 in Throwing
  1766 | D:3      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 27/27 MP: 7/7
  1860 | D:3      | Noticed Robin
  1871 | D:3      | Killed Robin
  1875 | D:3      | Received a gift from Trog
  1878 | D:3      | Got a smoking helmet
  1958 | D:3      | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
  2059 | D:3      | Identified the +1 helmet "Ipootint" {rC+ rN+ Str+4} (You took it off Robin on level 3 of the Dungeon)
  2807 | D:4      | Noticed an ogre
  2817 | D:4      | Killed an ogre
  2817 | D:4      | Reached skill level 5 in Throwing
  2817 | D:4      | Gained mutation: You heal very quickly. [vine stalker growth]
  2817 | D:4      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 30/32 MP: 8/8
  2838 | D:4      | Acquired Trog's third power
  2906 | D:4      | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
  3165 | D:4      | Noticed a phantom
  3198 | D:4      | Killed a phantom
  3198 | D:4      | Reached skill level 6 in Throwing
  3198 | D:4      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 35/35 MP: 9/9
  3494 | D:4      | Found Pnaetsa's Assorted Antiques.
  3504 | D:4      | Bought a white potion for 22 gold pieces
  3504 | D:4      | Bought a scroll labeled TWUSHR OMIRA for 25 gold pieces
  3504 | D:4      | Bought a dark potion for 22 gold pieces
  3504 | D:4      | Bought a scroll labeled FATHYFAGYT for 25 gold pieces
  3598 | D:4      | Noticed Eustachio
  3610 | D:4      | Killed Eustachio
  3610 | D:4      | Reached skill level 7 in Throwing
  3744 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  3933 | D:5      | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
  3944 | D:5      | Noticed kroki's ghost (experienced VSBe)
  3954 | D:5      | Killed kroki's ghost
  3954 | D:5      | Reached skill level 8 in Throwing
  3954 | D:5      | Gained mutation: You have razor-sharp teeth. [vine stalker growth]
  3954 | D:5      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 39/39 MP: 11/11
  4089 | D:5      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  4111 | D:5      | You fall through a shaft for 2 floors!
  4122 | D:7      | Noticed Edmund
  4129 | D:7      | Killed Edmund
  4188 | D:7      | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
  4320 | D:7      | Noticed Menkaure
  4326 | D:7      | Killed Menkaure
  4326 | D:7      | Reached skill level 5 in Short Blades
  4427 | D:7      | Reached skill level 6 in Short Blades
  4457 | D:7      | Received a gift from Trog
  4545 | D:7      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 20/43 MP: 9/12
  5270 | D:8      | Received a gift from Trog
  5483 | D:8      | Reached skill level 8 in Short Blades
  5559 | D:8      | Got a steaming trident
  5892 | D:8      | Received a gift from Trog
  6046 | D:8      | Reached skill level 9 in Short Blades
  6323 | D:9      | Received a gift from Trog
  6382 | D:9      | Noticed Pikel
  6414 | D:9      | Killed Pikel
  6414 | D:9      | Reached skill level 10 in Short Blades
  6414 | D:9      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 42/47 MP: 13/13
  6427 | D:9      | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
  6523 | D:9      | Reached skill level 3 in Fighting
  6591 | D:9      | Found a staircase to the Lair.
  6654 | D:9      | Noticed an elephant
  6674 | D:9      | Killed an elephant
  6877 | D:9      | Noticed a hill giant
  6885 | D:9      | Killed a hill giant
  6885 | D:9      | Reached skill level 3 in Armour
  6931 | D:9      | Received a gift from Trog
  7004 | D:9      | Received a gift from Trog
  7211 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
  7211 | D:10     | Noticed a hill giant
  7218 | D:10     | Killed a hill giant
  7218 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
  7471 | D:10     | Noticed Joseph
  7484 | D:10     | Killed Joseph
  7541 | D:10     | Reached XP level 11. HP: 56/56 MP: 15/15
  7621 | D:10     | Reached skill level 6 in Fighting
  7777 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Armour
  7966 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
  8019 | Lair:1   | Identified the +6 trident of Tortfeasance {speed, rPois+} (You found it on level 8 of the Dungeon)
  8476 | Lair:1   | Received a gift from Trog
  8625 | Lair:1   | Noticed Nergalle
  8638 | Lair:1   | Killed Nergalle
  8638 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 6 in Armour
  8774 | Lair:1   | Received a gift from Trog
  9264 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 8 in Fighting
  9264 | Lair:2   | Gained mutation: You regenerate. [vine stalker growth]
  9264 | Lair:2   | Reached XP level 12. HP: 38/64 MP: 10/16
  9980 | Lair:3   | Received a gift from Trog
  9983 | Lair:3   | Got a crystal arbalest {god gift}
 10040 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 1 in Shields
 10189 | Lair:3   | Gained mutation: You are covered in fur (AC +1). [potion of beneficial mutation]
 10260 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 3 in Shields
 10314 | Lair:3   | Noticed Fannar
 10337 | Lair:3   | Killed Fannar
 10338 | Lair:3   | Found a staircase to the Snake Pit.
 10359 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 5 in Shields
 10717 | Lair:3   | Noticed Snorg
 10725 | Lair:3   | Killed Snorg
 10926 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 3 in Evocations
 11327 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 5 in Evocations
 11369 | Lair:4   | Noticed a five-headed hydra
 11378 | Lair:4   | Killed a five-headed hydra
 11391 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 6 in Evocations
 11459 | Lair:4   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 68/70 MP: 24/24
 11845 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 8 in Armour
 12242 | Lair:4   | Received a gift from Trog
 12476 | Lair:5   | Found a staircase to the Shoals.
 12482 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
 12600 | Lair:5   | Received a gift from Trog
 12783 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 10 in Throwing
 12907 | Lair:5   | Received a gift from Trog
 13242 | Lair:5   | Received a gift from Trog
 13854 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 11 in Fighting
 13854 | Lair:6   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 76/79 MP: 25/25
 13909 | Lair:6   | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
 13957 | Lair:6   | Noticed B1inky's ghost (powerful OpTm)
 13974 | Lair:6   | Killed B1inky's ghost
 14295 | Lair:6   | Received a gift from Trog
 14667 | Lair:7   | Got a smoking jade ring
 14668 | Lair:7   | Identified the ring of the Final Decision {Wiz rPois+ Int+4 Stlth+} (You found it on level 7 of the Lair of Beasts)
 14729 | Lair:7   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 14730 | Lair:7   | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 14849 | Lair:7   | Reached skill level 10 in Armour
 14861 | Lair:7   | Received a gift from Trog
 15004 | Lair:7   | Received a gift from Trog
 15919 | Lair:7   | HP: 3/79 [acid (4)]
 16151 | Lair:7   | HP: 3/79 [acid (4)]
 16421 | Slime:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Pits of Slime
 16452 | Lair:8   | Entered Level 8 of the Lair of Beasts
 16757 | Lair:8   | Received a gift from Trog
 17083 | Lair:8   | Received a gift from Trog
 17134 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 12 in Fighting
 18063 | Lair:8   | Received a gift from Trog
 18069 | Lair:8   | Found a runed door.
 18479 | Lair:8   | Reached XP level 15. HP: 85/85 MP: 26/26
 18985 | D:11     | Found a shattered altar of Ashenzari.
 19018 | D:11     | Received a gift from Trog
 19068 | D:11     | Noticed Gastronok
 19077 | D:11     | Killed Gastronok
 19152 | D:11     | Noticed Maurice
 19164 | D:11     | Killed Maurice
 19283 | D:11     | Received a gift from Trog
 19355 | D:11     | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 19362 | D:11     | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
 19400 | D:11     | Received a gift from Trog
 19791 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 19803 | Orc:1    | Found a frozen archway.
 19814 | IceCv    | Entered an ice cave
 19987 | IceCv    | Reached skill level 13 in Fighting
 20286 | IceCv    | Received a gift from Trog
 20373 | IceCv    | Reached skill level 12 in Armour
 20790 | Orc:1    | Received a gift from Trog
 21187 | D:6      | Received a gift from Trog
 21583 | D:4      | Received a gift from Trog
 21587 | D:4      | Got an ivory dagger {god gift}
 21588 | D:4      | Identified the +7 dagger of Pigh {antimagic, SInv} (Trog gifted it to you on level 4 of the Dungeon)
 21643 | D:4      | Bought a shimmering quicksilver dragon armour for 1625 gold pieces
 21655 | D:4      | Identified the cursed quicksilver dragon armour of Twiqet {rC+ MR+} (You bought it in a shop on level 4 of the Dungeon)
 22712 | Orc:1    | Received a gift from Trog
 22732 | Orc:1    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 23020 | Orc:3    | Received a gift from Trog
 23326 | Orc:3    | Reached skill level 1 in Stealth
 23497 | Orc:3    | Received a gift from Trog
 23695 | Orc:4    | Entered Level 4 of the Orcish Mines
 23734 | Orc:4    | Reached skill level 3 in Stealth
 23745 | Orc:4    | Found Gumomp's Antique Weapon Shop.
 23794 | Orc:4    | Received a gift from Trog

Here's another one I tried, now with focus on throwing, unfortunately he died in zot:5 as I >really< wanted to get <1:40h time on him, welp

Spider Stomper

Post Sunday, 25th January 2015, 06:44

What do you do when you come around the courner and you see:

3 DE sorcerers
2 DE demonologists
1 DE master archer
1 DE annihilator
1 DE death mage
1 DE high priest
2 crystal gaurdians
nikola
jorgrun

You plug them full of javelins of penetration and you move on whithout breaking a sweat. God this is just stupid.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 25th January 2015, 07:47

kroki wrote:thatd be great if ranged combat didnt lag webtiles so much its 3x faster to just melee things. is there any way to completely remove "animations" from webtiles? I might enjoy ranged combat then

Yes:
  Code:
use_animations -= beam, range, hp, monster_in_sight, pickup, monster, player,
                  branch_entry

Note that it's only in trunk right now.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 02:43

Isn't Mennas suposed to be scary. I mean I remember when I used to lure him to the stairs and buff and summon before I went down to fight him. The last 3 times I have seen him I just tabbed til he was dead, and never even got close to being in trouble. Was he nerfed or are VS in really bad need of nerfing?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 02:57

Mennas hasn't really changed.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 06:35

acvar wrote:Isn't Mennas suposed to be scary. I mean I remember when I used to lure him to the stairs and buff and summon before I went down to fight him. The last 3 times I have seen him I just tabbed til he was dead, and never even got close to being in trouble. Was he nerfed or are VS in really bad need of nerfing?

he's still quite bad especially if he catches you off guard. however if you manage to successfully net him you are in for a quick, satisfying kill

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 08:11

If being silenced affects your killing (and escaping) abilities significantly, Mennas is very dangerous.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 09:03

FR: Rod of Shadows with smite-targeting.

{glee: so happy to know what FR means now}

Pray tell, what does FR mean?

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 09:10

feature request

For this message the author Sar has received thanks:
A boy and his god

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 27th January 2015, 14:04

I remember standing there toe to toe with Mennas and him just constantly blocking everything you threw at him as he chipped away at you HP. If you didn't have friends to help get past his shield you couldn't beat him, or at least not consistantly. I guess with 6 attacks per turn you don't need friends to distract him.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice