Not using a ring of teleport control

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 22nd April 2011, 17:56

Not using a ring of teleport control

I was wondering if it was possible to not use a ring of teleport control, ie do an uncontrolled blink/teleport while wearing it.

Semi-controlled blink is a nice way to run away from something in an emergency, but if you use it all the time it can cause some nasty glow. But I don't want to take the ring off as then I would have to waste a turn putting it back on when I want to use it.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 22nd April 2011, 18:09

Re: Not using a ring of teleport control

I don't think so. You have to pay the price for the power and take the ring off when you don't want it. Same sort of thing for amulet of stasis.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 22nd April 2011, 18:23

Well, if you're teleporting then you can aim yourself into an unreachable area or off the map, which seems to result in a random teleport. I don't think there's a way to do it using blink though and the glow is still a problem, I guess.

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 22nd April 2011, 18:53

The glow isn't that bad as long as you don't do several semi controlled blink in a row. Also, putting on and removing jewellery are fast actions, they take only half a turn. Enable the show_game_turns option to see the real duration of actions.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice