The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' thread


Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Vestibule Violator

Posts: 1567

Joined: Friday, 21st January 2011, 22:56

Post Friday, 2nd March 2012, 01:11

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

A lot of info on the wiki is also simply wrong. Take not only the specifics with a grain of salt, but especially any recommendations and advice.
User avatar

Shoals Surfer

Posts: 288

Joined: Wednesday, 11th May 2011, 20:51

Location: Britain

Post Friday, 2nd March 2012, 01:17

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

Are monsters forced to use a Passage of Golubria? Or will they stop before it/move over it?

Setting up a one-way trip from a 1-square corridor into some visible lava sounds like a good plan for a Warper, see.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?"

My Games/Anime/Weirdness blog: http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Slime Squisher

Posts: 400

Joined: Saturday, 24th September 2011, 03:45

Post Friday, 2nd March 2012, 01:56

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

Do Xom hostile summons scale with you? I get 3's now, will I be seeing 1's here soon?

Does UC improve auxiliary unarmed attacks (e.g. Dr tail) if you're using a weapon?

I'm trying to understand the 'new' ranged AI, but searching for anything with 'ranged' in it brings up 1000+ hits. Is there some old thread I can read?

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 4055

Joined: Tuesday, 10th January 2012, 19:49

Post Friday, 2nd March 2012, 03:09

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

New ranged AI just means that the monster will try to stay as far away from you as it can while still getting LOS on you after you go around a corner. Before they would blindly follow right next to the wall.

I don't think UC skill does anything for any auxiliary attack that you have via mutation.

Dungeon Master

Posts: 1611

Joined: Thursday, 16th December 2010, 21:54

Post Friday, 2nd March 2012, 04:27

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

eharper256 wrote:Are monsters forced to use a Passage of Golubria? Or will they stop before it/move over it?

Setting up a one-way trip from a 1-square corridor into some visible lava sounds like a good plan for a Warper, see.

They don't try and avoid the passages, so as long as you can lead them through one then it will trigger. You can't place passages in lava though.

For this message the author Kate has received thanks:
eharper256
User avatar

Dungeon Master

Posts: 4031

Joined: Thursday, 16th December 2010, 20:37

Location: France

Post Friday, 2nd March 2012, 11:12

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

crate wrote:New ranged AI just means that the monster will try to stay as far away from you as it can while still getting LOS on you after you go around a corner. Before they would blindly follow right next to the wall.

They'll keep some distance, but not as far away as possible. It would make fleeing from them a bit too easy. More specifically, they check all the cells they can see, reach and from which they can shoot at your new position. From them, they will select the one which has the distance to your new position the closest to 4.

crate wrote:I don't think UC skill does anything for any auxiliary attack that you have via mutation.

It used to, but I think aux only depend on stats now.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Blades Runner

Posts: 554

Joined: Tuesday, 4th January 2011, 13:38

Post Friday, 2nd March 2012, 12:43

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

galehar wrote:
crate wrote:I don't think UC skill does anything for any auxiliary attack that you have via mutation.

It used to, but I think aux only depend on stats now.

Does this also apply to minotaur's reflexive headbutts? In my last MiMo game, it seemed to me that I was headbutting both more frequently and strongly.
... and forgive us our YASDs,
As we forgive our developers,
And lead us not into the Abyss,
But deliver us from Sigmund,
For Thine is the Roguelike,
the Orb and the Victory,
now and forever.

Blades Runner

Posts: 554

Joined: Tuesday, 25th January 2011, 14:24

Post Friday, 2nd March 2012, 13:03

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

eharper256 wrote:Do Xom hostile summons scale with you? I get 3's now, will I be seeing 1's here soon?


Xom is Xom. Xom will be happy to drop hostile 1s on low level characters and/or send in supporting 5s for level 27 characters.

Slime Squisher

Posts: 400

Joined: Saturday, 24th September 2011, 03:45

Post Friday, 2nd March 2012, 20:47

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

if Xom dances or swaps your distortion weapon, are you hit with the unwield effect?

Mines Malingerer

Posts: 36

Joined: Monday, 31st October 2011, 01:38

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 01:03

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

If I started a Minotaur Berserker and a Minotaur Monk, and went for the same skills and everything, would the two characters actually be any different? Like, are monks naturally better at unarmed combat than a Berserker with Unarmed Combat at the same level?

Mines Malingerer

Posts: 46

Joined: Saturday, 7th May 2011, 23:39

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 01:21

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

I had a Naga transmuter recently in the current version. I used a scroll of enchant weapon and it said my hands glowed brightly green (or some version of "glowed green"). I thought enchanted scrolls don't enchant your well... hands? Or was this something akin to a miscast (in that it tried to enchant my arms but couldn't and the text was for flavour value).

Mines Malingerer

Posts: 36

Joined: Monday, 31st October 2011, 01:38

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 01:24

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

minmay wrote:You would have a different str/int/dex distribution and 2 less max HP. You shouldn't use unarmed on a minotaur of Trog though.


Yeah, I know the starting stats are different...I mean are backgrounds inherently better at certain things than others, or do backgrounds ONLY affect what you start with. Like (assuming same skill level):

Are monks better at Unarmed Combat than other backgrounds?
Are assassins better at Stabbing?
Are fighters better at Fighting?

Etc.
User avatar

Vestibule Violator

Posts: 1509

Joined: Wednesday, 21st September 2011, 01:10

Location: St. John's, NL, Canada

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 01:27

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

dmurray wrote:I had a Naga transmuter recently in the current version. I used a scroll of enchant weapon and it said my hands glowed brightly green (or some version of "glowed green"). I thought enchanted scrolls don't enchant your well... hands? Or was this something akin to a miscast (in that it tried to enchant my arms but couldn't and the text was for flavour value).


this is both for flavour and to let you [auto-]identify the scroll.
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

Dungeon Master

Posts: 1611

Joined: Thursday, 16th December 2010, 21:54

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 01:58

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

ClefAria wrote:
minmay wrote:You would have a different str/int/dex distribution and 2 less max HP. You shouldn't use unarmed on a minotaur of Trog though.


Yeah, I know the starting stats are different...I mean are backgrounds inherently better at certain things than others, or do backgrounds ONLY affect what you start with. Like (assuming same skill level):

Are monks better at Unarmed Combat than other backgrounds?
Are assassins better at Stabbing?
Are fighters better at Fighting?

Etc.

Backgrounds only affect what you start with.

Halls Hopper

Posts: 62

Joined: Friday, 9th December 2011, 02:49

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 03:06

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

I got shoutitis by quaff-IDing a mutation potion. Is it worth to use a curemut pot just for that? (got STR+1 and STR-1 so shoutitis is all that's left).
4 Wins so far: SEEE (4), DrWz (15), DEIE (15), MiGl (5).

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 3163

Joined: Friday, 6th January 2012, 18:45

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 03:17

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

eeviac wrote:if Xom dances or swaps your distortion weapon, are you hit with the unwield effect?


Xom won't swap distortion weapons. Animating your weapon uses the Tukima's Dance spell which will cause the unwield effect.

Gianozzolo wrote:I got shoutitis by quaff-IDing a mutation potion. Is it worth to use a curemut pot just for that? (got STR+1 and STR-1 so shoutitis is all that's left).


That depends on the type of character you're playing. A stealthy stabber, maybe. A heavy-armor berserker, not so much.

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 4055

Joined: Tuesday, 10th January 2012, 19:49

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 03:23

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

No don't use cure mut on shoutitis unless you have about 20 of them in stock. Shoutitis is very nearly harmless.

Slime Squisher

Posts: 390

Joined: Friday, 24th December 2010, 07:29

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 06:36

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

Did 0.11 just crash? Lost a promising OpFE...

EDIT:

Upon trying to start a new 0.11 game, it says:

  Code:
write error while saving: No space left on device



Hit any key to exit...



What's up with that?

Pressing (P)lay now! again gives:

  Code:
/bin/crawl-git-launcher.sh: line 95: cannot create temp file for here document: No space left on device
TrCK:
Xom grants you an implement of some kind.
_Something appears at your feet!
4790 gold pieces {god gift}.

DsAr:
You blink. You feel slightly more hungry. Prince Ribbit hits you. You die...
"Hey, that's my toy!"
Xom revives you!
User avatar

Dungeon Master

Posts: 4031

Joined: Thursday, 16th December 2010, 20:37

Location: France

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 08:14

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

tormodpwns wrote:Did 0.11 just crash? Lost a promising OpFE...

EDIT:

Upon trying to start a new 0.11 game, it says:

  Code:
write error while saving: No space left on device



Hit any key to exit...



What's up with that?

Pressing (P)lay now! again gives:

  Code:
/bin/crawl-git-launcher.sh: line 95: cannot create temp file for here document: No space left on device

What server are you playing on. CDO or CAO?
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Slime Squisher

Posts: 404

Joined: Sunday, 13th February 2011, 13:57

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 12:10

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

galehar wrote:
tormodpwns wrote:Did 0.11 just crash? Lost a promising OpFE...

EDIT:

Upon trying to start a new 0.11 game, it says:

  Code:
write error while saving: No space left on device



Hit any key to exit...



What's up with that?

Pressing (P)lay now! again gives:

  Code:
/bin/crawl-git-launcher.sh: line 95: cannot create temp file for here document: No space left on device

What server are you playing on. CDO or CAO?

CAO is doing something similar for me...

Halls Hopper

Posts: 76

Joined: Thursday, 13th January 2011, 11:38

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 13:27

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

I had one of the 4 shops on Orc4 turn out to be a mimic. Is that supposed to happen? (0.10) It was a jewelry shop and the others sucked. (Yes, I know. Crawl hates me. :x )

Abyss Ambulator

Posts: 1221

Joined: Thursday, 10th March 2011, 19:45

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 14:30

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

Does a centaur gain any speed advantage from spider form, or are they faster in their natural form?
User avatar

Dungeon Master

Posts: 4031

Joined: Thursday, 16th December 2010, 20:37

Location: France

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 14:44

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

Denniz wrote:I had one of the 4 shops on Orc4 turn out to be a mimic. Is that supposed to happen?

Of course it is! It's hilarious!

Jeremiah wrote:Does a centaur gain any speed advantage from spider form, or are they faster in their natural form?

Centaurs and spider form are both speed 8. No gain no lose for them.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...
User avatar

Abyss Ambulator

Posts: 1249

Joined: Sunday, 18th September 2011, 02:11

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 16:34

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

dassem wrote:
galehar wrote:
tormodpwns wrote:Did 0.11 just crash? Lost a promising OpFE...

EDIT:

Upon trying to start a new 0.11 game, it says:

  Code:
write error while saving: No space left on device



Hit any key to exit...



What's up with that?

Pressing (P)lay now! again gives:

  Code:
/bin/crawl-git-launcher.sh: line 95: cannot create temp file for here document: No space left on device

What server are you playing on. CDO or CAO?

CAO is doing something similar for me...

Yeah, CAO is screwed up right now. rax is working on fixing it; people are unsure of the status of the saves. All we can do is wait.

For this message the author Blade has received thanks:
dassem

Halls Hopper

Posts: 76

Joined: Thursday, 13th January 2011, 11:38

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 17:19

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

I have two +6/+3 rings of slaying. Do they stack in 0.10? Maxed to +7/+6 maybe?
User avatar

Slime Squisher

Posts: 405

Joined: Thursday, 1st March 2012, 01:42

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 17:55

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

How do stats like DEX and STR affect bow precision/damage?

Also, how do different kinds of armor affect bow usage?

Dungeon Dilettante

Posts: 2

Joined: Sunday, 6th March 2011, 21:15

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 19:45

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

2 questions:

- where does webtiles save the log of an active character?
- what exactly is the bonus mummies get to necro at level 13 and 26? like a ring of wizardry but only for necro spells?

Vaults Vanquisher

Posts: 461

Joined: Monday, 13th June 2011, 00:21

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 19:54

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

I always assumed the mummy bonus was more like a staff of death than a wizardry bonus. (In other words, a bonus to spell power rather than success rate.) It does start saying "You feel a surge of power!" when you cast Necro spells, the way it does for other power boosts.

But I could be wrong.

Spider Stomper

Posts: 243

Joined: Sunday, 28th August 2011, 14:04

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 20:20

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

Pereza0 wrote:How do stats like DEX and STR affect bow precision/damage?

If your strength is less than 10, you will suffer some penalties to your final damage. There are lots of factors, but I think that 0.7 point of damage per every point of strength you are lacking, is a good approximation.

If your strength is greater than 10, you get a bonus. In practice, any point of strength above 12 or 13 is completely worthless, because the bonus is capped by the enchantment of your launcher.

Here you have some numbers:
+0 longbow, +0 arrow, Bows 10
  Code:
STR DAM
 5   2.865
 6   3.222
 7   3.773
 8   4.637
 9   5.204
10   6.563
11   6.822
12   6.658
13   6.576
14   6.923
15   6.822
16   6.991
17   6.865
18   6.959
19   6.767


+5 longbow, +5 arrow, Bows 10
  Code:
 5   7.260
 6   8.627
 7   9.652
 8  10.493
 9  11.847
10  11.927
11  13.223
12  14.492
13  14.607
14  14.497
15  15.143
16  14.755
17  14.811
18  15.265
19  14.730

For this message the author CommanderC has received thanks:
Pereza0
User avatar

Dungeon Master

Posts: 4031

Joined: Thursday, 16th December 2010, 20:37

Location: France

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 21:01

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

Denniz wrote:I have two +6/+3 rings of slaying. Do they stack in 0.10? Maxed to +7/+6 maybe?

I'm pretty sure they stack just fine to +12/+6.

Well, I hope so!
  Code:
p - the +0 robe "Omnolara" (worn) {Int+4 Acc+5 Dam+4}
F - the amulet of Faiq (around neck) {Faith Acc+4 Dam+5 Stlth++}
S - a +3,+2 ring of slaying
W - the ring "Klept" (left hand) {Wiz rC+ Acc+5 Dam+3}

Total: +17/+14 :)

Exewu wrote:- where does webtiles save the log of an active character?

On the main page on the right, under "Online Server CDO", click on morgues.

Exewu wrote:- what exactly is the bonus mummies get to necro at level 13 and 26? like a ring of wizardry but only for necro spells?

Like Happy Corner said, it's an enhancer, so it boosts spell power, not spell success.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...
User avatar

Slime Squisher

Posts: 405

Joined: Thursday, 1st March 2012, 01:42

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 21:14

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

CommanderC wrote:
Pereza0 wrote:How do stats like DEX and STR affect bow precision/damage?

If your strength is less than 10, you will suffer some penalties to your final damage. There are lots of factors, but I think that 0.7 point of damage per every point of strength you are lacking, is a good approximation.

If your strength is greater than 10, you get a bonus. In practice, any point of strength above 12 or 13 is completely worthless, because the bonus is capped by the enchantment of your launcher.

Here you have some numbers:
+0 longbow, +0 arrow, Bows 10
  Code:
STR DAM
 5   2.865
 6   3.222
 7   3.773
 8   4.637
 9   5.204
10   6.563
11   6.822
12   6.658
13   6.576
14   6.923
15   6.822
16   6.991
17   6.865
18   6.959
19   6.767


+5 longbow, +5 arrow, Bows 10
  Code:
 5   7.260
 6   8.627
 7   9.652
 8  10.493
 9  11.847
10  11.927
11  13.223
12  14.492
13  14.607
14  14.497
15  15.143
16  14.755
17  14.811
18  15.265
19  14.730


Thanks!

I really didnt know enchanted items played such a big role in damage dishing

Also, dexterity does play a role in the chances of hitting the enemy right?

Spider Stomper

Posts: 243

Joined: Sunday, 28th August 2011, 14:04

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 21:25

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

Pereza0 wrote:Also, dexterity does play a role in the chances of hitting the enemy right?

Dexterity is completely worthless for Archers.

Dungeon Dilettante

Posts: 1

Joined: Sunday, 4th March 2012, 04:29

Post Sunday, 4th March 2012, 04:32

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

where can i see my delay speed with a certain weapon to see if i want to continue training that skill or not, thnx

Blades Runner

Posts: 546

Joined: Monday, 20th December 2010, 14:25

Post Sunday, 4th March 2012, 04:53

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

CommanderC wrote:
Pereza0 wrote:Also, dexterity does play a role in the chances of hitting the enemy right?

Dexterity is completely worthless for Archers.


What is all this "strength weighting" stuff about, then?

Also, http://crawl.chaosforge.org/index.php?title=Talk:Missile claims that Dex helps accuracy for all missile weapons. I suppose this means that the impact of Dex on accuracy is small, or even then accuracy isn't important.

For this message the author smock has received thanks:
CommanderC

Spider Stomper

Posts: 243

Joined: Sunday, 28th August 2011, 14:04

Post Sunday, 4th March 2012, 12:56

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

smock wrote:Also, http://crawl.chaosforge.org/index.php?title=Talk:Missile claims that Dex helps accuracy for all missile weapons. I suppose this means that the impact of Dex on accuracy is small, or even then accuracy isn't important.


Somehow, I missed this:
  Code:
    if (projected)
    {
        if (wepType != MI_LARGE_ROCK && wepType != MI_THROWING_NET)
        {
            exHitBonus += you.dex() / 2;


Thanks for your correction.
User avatar

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1729

Joined: Wednesday, 19th October 2011, 21:25

Location: New England.

Post Sunday, 4th March 2012, 13:22

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

tkay wrote:where can i see my delay speed with a certain weapon to see if i want to continue training that skill or not, thnx

In game press @. You get a read out showing all kinds of useful information.
What made you happy today?
Shatari wrote:I traded a goat for a Nintendo DS XL, and a ton of games.

For this message the author Jabberwocky has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Temple Termagant

Posts: 8

Joined: Sunday, 26th February 2012, 17:52

Post Sunday, 4th March 2012, 15:25

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

I found a treasure trove door on D10, requiring a wand of hasting (9), on my MuWz. Should I use my first wand of hasting to get in when I find one, or wait til I have two? FYI I do have Haste in a spellbook, and will be able to learn/cast it in a few levels.

Slime Squisher

Posts: 390

Joined: Friday, 24th December 2010, 07:29

Post Sunday, 4th March 2012, 19:07

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

About the STR effect on bow damage, it seems as though there is an optimal level of strength at each level of enchantment, which is weird... for example, with the +5 longbow, +5 arrows and 10 skill, 15 STR seems to give more damage than 16 STR. Is that supposed to happen?
TrCK:
Xom grants you an implement of some kind.
_Something appears at your feet!
4790 gold pieces {god gift}.

DsAr:
You blink. You feel slightly more hungry. Prince Ribbit hits you. You die...
"Hey, that's my toy!"
Xom revives you!

Spider Stomper

Posts: 243

Joined: Sunday, 28th August 2011, 14:04

Post Sunday, 4th March 2012, 20:32

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

tormodpwns wrote:About the STR effect on bow damage, it seems as though there is an optimal level of strength at each level of enchantment, which is weird... for example, with the +5 longbow, +5 arrows and 10 skill, 15 STR seems to give more damage than 16 STR. Is that supposed to happen?

The optimal value is 12 or 13. Any point of strength beyond that is useless.
User avatar

Dungeon Master

Posts: 4031

Joined: Thursday, 16th December 2010, 20:37

Location: France

Post Sunday, 4th March 2012, 20:32

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

tormodpwns wrote:About the STR effect on bow damage, it seems as though there is an optimal level of strength at each level of enchantment, which is weird... for example, with the +5 longbow, +5 arrows and 10 skill, 15 STR seems to give more damage than 16 STR. Is that supposed to happen?

My guess is CommanderC used the in-game fight simulator the get those numbers. It gives the average damage of x attacks (1000 by default IIRC). So sometimes, that kind of weird variation might happen. Or it could be because of a bug or a misfeature in the ranged combat code. This isn't unlikely given how messy this code is.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...
User avatar

Slime Squisher

Posts: 397

Joined: Saturday, 16th April 2011, 12:00

Post Monday, 5th March 2012, 10:32

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

Does scroll of vorpalise weapon always read-ID? I know it does if you've got an unbranded weapon, a weapon of flame/freeze, or a weapon that can't be branded, but does it also identify if you're unarmed or have a weapon with, say, protection?

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1774

Joined: Monday, 21st February 2011, 15:57

Location: South Carolina

Post Monday, 5th March 2012, 14:31

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

Pteriforever wrote:Does scroll of vorpalise weapon always read-ID? I know it does if you've got an unbranded weapon, a weapon of flame/freeze, or a weapon that can't be branded, but does it also identify if you're unarmed or have a weapon with, say, protection?

I know it auto-IDs when unarmed (You feel like killing a Jabberwocky!) or when using a magical staff that can't be branded.
User avatar

Tartarus Sorceror

Posts: 1729

Joined: Wednesday, 19th October 2011, 21:25

Location: New England.

Post Monday, 5th March 2012, 15:00

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

jejorda2 wrote:
Pteriforever wrote:Does scroll of vorpalise weapon always read-ID? I know it does if you've got an unbranded weapon, a weapon of flame/freeze, or a weapon that can't be branded, but does it also identify if you're unarmed or have a weapon with, say, protection?

I know it auto-IDs when unarmed (You feel like killing a Jabberwocky!) or when using a magical staff that can't be branded.

Unless something has been changed in 0.11 trunk ?vorpalise does not actually auto-ID.
What made you happy today?
Shatari wrote:I traded a goat for a Nintendo DS XL, and a ton of games.

Ziggurat Zagger

Posts: 3163

Joined: Friday, 6th January 2012, 18:45

Post Monday, 5th March 2012, 15:15

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

Tested in 0.10 wizard mode, vorpalise does not auto-ID unless it affects a weapon.

Something I did not know: when making a brand permanent, a vorpalise weapon scroll also causes a spell effect around you depending on the weapon's brand. So ozocubu's refrigeration for freezing aura, toxic radiance for poison weapon, and an effect like a scroll of immolation for fire brand.

For this message the author BlackSheep has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox
PreviousNext

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.