The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' thread

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 05:50

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

It's merely a roll between good and random mutations every time you'd get one.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 07:27

Okay I'm really confused about felid's extra lives.

I'm level 18, I have 1 extra life, three deaths. Since I'm supposed to get an extra life every 3 levels I should have 6 total according to the wiki, not four. I think maybe I got an extra life when I already had 2, so if that were the case, I would get one at the next level. Well, I get to level 19 and I don't get a 2nd extra life. Is the wiki wrong, and extra lives are every 4 levels? Or is there some sort of bug?

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 07:56

How long evolution lasts is (surprise!) random. It has a 1% chance to be removed after mutating you, raised to 10% with rMut amulet. Also the mutations can turn out to remove a mutation instead, which can remove evolution. Mutations only happen when you earn exp, so "how long does it last" doesn't have a clear answer anyway. The amount of turns you spend also factors into it. Seems like about 7 or so mutations per level, but this is just a wild guess, and will vary depending on how quickly you level.

No bias towards what you already have, but it's 50% good, 50% random. So on average you will still get screwed, but it's better than regular mutation roulette.

Note that this is all from code diving, I have no experience with the evolution mutation.

For this message the author Galefury has received thanks:
Blade

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 12:48

http://crawl.develz.org/morgues/trunk/E ... 170357.txt

You visited 2 Labyrinths.

I thought the labyrinth only gets generated once per game?

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 14:12

The one labyrinth per game restriction was a fairly recent change, maybe 0.8 or so? It's possible this behavior now is a deliberate reversal or bugged- but I don't see anything relevant in the changelog or mantis to reflect that.

It's also possible to get multiple to get extra portals (including labyrinths) from the Trowel card, and the char you posted does have maxed evocations, so that could be it.

For this message the author mageykun has received thanks:
ldierk

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 16:11

mageykun wrote:What do I have to put in init.txt so that new games start with skill focusing toggled on? I'm getting sick of having to press "|" every time I start setting up the skills on a new char.

That would be "skill_focus = true".

For this message the author ElectricAlbatross has received thanks:
mageykun

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 20:15

Kind of a weird question, but which would you say is better Ring of Shaolin or Ring of Robustness?

It might be more of a personal opinion question than a straight out evaluation question but whatever.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 20:58

It depends on the character. Generally it's good to be balanced. (AC/EV) 20/20 is better than 10/30 or 30/10, for instance (absolutely disregarding spellcasting penalties and GDR on 30/10 right here, though). So on your SpEn you'd want Robustness, on your MiFi (look what I did there :P) Shaolin, usually.
On the hypothetical SpEn, 8/35, 16/35 is better than 8/43. Same goes for a 35/8 MiFi where 35/16 is better than 43/8.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 21:26

That was what I was thinking... although I find it sort of funny that the two races you selected there were the first two I won with... lol.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 22:27

cerebovssquire wrote:It depends on the character. Generally it's good to be balanced. (AC/EV) 20/20 is better than 10/30 or 30/10, for instance (absolutely disregarding spellcasting penalties and GDR on 30/10 right here, though). So on your SpEn you'd want Robustness, on your MiFi (look what I did there :P) Shaolin, usually.
On the hypothetical SpEn, 8/35, 16/35 is better than 8/43. Same goes for a 35/8 MiFi where 35/16 is better than 43/8.

I'm pretty sure it makes no difference what your character's previous AC and EV were, leaving aside outliers like negative defensive stats. AC is better against many small attacks, while EV is better against a small number of bigger attacks.

Against a monster with a hit score of 8, the Ring of Shaolin will bring a 0EV character to 8EV and an 8EV character to 16EV, meaning the 0->8EV character goes from dodging 0% of the time to 50% of the time and the 8->16EV character goes from dodging 50% of the time to 75%. Dodging 50% of the time is effectively the same as 200% hit points, but 75% is effective 400% hit points. Both characters effectively doubled their effective hit points, even though one got +50% absolute dodge and the other got +25% absolute dodge.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 23:09

AC is better against many small attacks, while EV is better against a small number of bigger attacks.

This is exactly the point. If you're focussed merely on EV or AC you're weaker against a type of opponent you're going to meet often. If you're spread out well you don't have this vulnerability making your character better defence-wise overall.

It's also different when we're not dealing with 8/8 and 8/8 - there's no doubling of EV involved with 8/35 and Shaolin, but a doubling of AC with 8/35 and Robustness, and vice versa.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 23:35

cerebovssquire wrote:This is exactly the point. If you're focussed merely on EV or AC you're weaker against a type of opponent you're going to meet often. If you're spread out well you don't have this vulnerability making your character better defence-wise overall.

Ah, no, that depends more on your strategy. An archer or conjuror simply does not care much about the multiple weak hits case, because they're never going to barge into the middle of a pack. They're worried about stone giants throwing large rocks, or ancient liches throwing Crystal Spears.

cerebovssquire wrote:It's also different when we're not dealing with 8/8 and 8/8 - there's no doubling of EV involved with 8/35 and Shaolin, but a doubling of AC with 8/35 and Robustness, and vice versa.

Moving from 0EV to 8EV is not doubling EV, even though effective hit points doubles against the specific example monster. 0EV to 8EV is an infinity multiplier improvement in EV, which just goes to show why that description is not a useful one.

To list another example, suppose you have 0EV and 30EV characters going against an executioner (to hit of 30, according to henzell). By my calculations, the Ring of Shaolin raises the latter's absolute dodge to ~60.5%, or around 250% effective hit points. The 0EV character putting on the Ring moves to an absolute dodge of ~13.3%, or around 115% effective hit points.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 00:26

uh... wow I think my question sparked something of a small debate.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 01:53

Is there somewhere we can go (besides source-diving) to see the statistics on armour and evasion that you're using, KoboldLord? I've always wondered about the specifics of their effects; it would be nice to have something to tie the numbers to.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 01:57

Really just crawl wiki (evasion, to-hit articles, AC, armour articles). He's just extrapolating from that.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 05:37

Does Shoals:5 have a large assortment of non-aquatic top-tier fiends as a map-setting thing? Like how Swamp:5 has the 27-head corner monster?

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 05:48

Edit: nvm, don't think there's any non-aquatic ones.

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 05:56

Kerslake wrote:Does Shoals:5 have a large assortment of non-aquatic top-tier fiends as a map-setting thing? Like how Swamp:5 has the 27-head corner monster?

I don't think fiends ever show up outside of hell or occasionally Pan. In shoals:5 you can expect the rune squad (mostly javelineers, some aquamancers) and usually Ilsiuw and her band (more aquamancers, less javelineers) and maybe a kraken or two in addition to the shoals norm. I suppose it's possible Kirke could show up and spam ugly things. Or you might some other nasty unique if you're very unlucky. But there's certainly no Lernaean hydra equivalent- though Scylia and Charybdis might make for a mean rune vault.

Okay, I'm sorry. I said it didn't exist, but now that you put the idea out there, it probably will. :lol:

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 07:24

When you win the game, does inventory matter for your final score (in 0.9 and 0.10)
Mangled by Mennas

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 07:37

I don't think fiends ever show up outside of hell or occasionally Pan. In shoals:5 you can expect the rune squad (mostly javelineers, some aquamancers) and usually Ilsiuw and her band (more aquamancers, less javelineers) and maybe a kraken or two in addition to the shoals norm. I suppose it's possible Kirke could show up and spam ugly things. Or you might some other nasty unique if you're very unlucky. But there's certainly no Lernaean hydra equivalent- though Scylia and Charybdis might make for a mean rune vault.

Actually there is at least one dungeon vault that can have (Ice/Brimstone) Fiends... this really sucks when you do get it. ;)
Also, there's a an Ice Fiend in an Ice Cave ending.

To list another example, suppose you have 0EV and 30EV characters going against an executioner (to hit of 30, according to henzell). By my calculations, the Ring of Shaolin raises the latter's absolute dodge to ~60.5%, or around 250% effective hit points. The 0EV character putting on the Ring moves to an absolute dodge of ~13.3%, or around 115% effective hit points.

I didn't ever dispute that. But putting on a Ring of Robustness would benefit this 30 EV character much more (assuming he's 0 or low AC) than a Ring of Shalon, because it will give him more than 115% effective hit points.
In case I was misunderstood, because it wasn't written that well, 8/35 and Shaolin meant "8/43 with Shaolin put on" and "16/35 with Robustness put on".

Also, centaur packs, yaktaur packs, elf packs, in the early game kobolds with darts/crossbows, and quite a few other ranged attacks exist which are usually spread out (mainly due to being given from packs) - a yaktaur or centaur won't deal much damage when you're in V but a pack of them will happily pepper you with projectiles.
So strategy shouldn't impact this too much. Melee attacks also have quite a few ones that aren't spread out so a fighter may well benefit from some decent EV (like my example going from 8 to 16), because if he doesn't it can easily lead to high damage from Cs and the like.
A lot of ranged attacks are also weakest when you have the corresponding resistances, which becomes especially apparent late in the game where there's a lot of elemental damage. A caster will usually have RMsl (or DMsl if you happen to have too many slots) to back his EV up too, in case you're scared getting AC somewhere would mess with your EV against stone giants and aliches too much.

Regarding archers, it is basically impossible to keep them out of melee range, assuming we're talking about non-casters here.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 08:32

I had one memorable dungeon vault with a shadow fiend.

starless wrote:When you win the game, does inventory matter for your final score (in 0.9 and 0.10)

No, but gold does.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 12:22

Will Poison Weapon work on a wielded artefact?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 12:29

Blade wrote:Is there somewhere we can go (besides source-diving) to see the statistics on armour and evasion that you're using, KoboldLord? I've always wondered about the specifics of their effects; it would be nice to have something to tie the numbers to.

I was working out the numbers using a calculator, so unfortunately I don't know of any useful tool analogous to the weapon comparison spreadsheet. Monster 'to hit' is based mostly on hit dice, and I picked the executioner as an example monster mostly because I just happened to know its 'to hit' score. From there, you compare the player's evasion roll to the monster's hit roll, and the higher roll wins. Calculating the odds from there is just number crunching, but you need those numbers before you can start.

cerebovssquire wrote:I didn't ever dispute that. But putting on a Ring of Robustness would benefit this 30 EV character much more (assuming he's 0 or low AC) than a Ring of Shalon, because it will give him more than 115% effective hit points.
In case I was misunderstood, because it wasn't written that well, 8/35 and Shaolin meant "8/43 with Shaolin put on" and "16/35 with Robustness put on".

You could make the argument that you should swap out the Rings of Shaolin and Robustness depending on the opposition, but it definitely isn't clear at all that it's a good idea to try to even up your defensive stats. Against a Crystal Spear that rolls 100hp damage, that Ring of Robustness provides a grand total of 4 extra hit points on average. Not 4%, just 4. In this situation, the Ring of Robustness is not worth a ring slot for anybody. The Ring of Robustness is more useful when you're, say, running into the midst of summoned chaff or regular orcs to get the summoner or the orc caster, since it'll get you that extra 4hp from every attacker.

cerebovssquire wrote:Also, centaur packs, yaktaur packs, elf packs, in the early game kobolds with darts/crossbows, and quite a few other ranged attacks exist which are usually spread out (mainly due to being given from packs) - a yaktaur or centaur won't deal much damage when you're in V but a pack of them will happily pepper you with projectiles.

With the lone exception of the centaur pack, all of those can be managed using LOS tricks. Keep them at the edge of LOS, and they'll reliably bunch up and block each other every time they turn a corner. You can also pull them into a corridor.

cerebovssquire wrote:A lot of ranged attacks are also weakest when you have the corresponding resistances, which becomes especially apparent late in the game where there's a lot of elemental damage. A caster will usually have RMsl (or DMsl if you happen to have too many slots) to back his EV up too, in case you're scared getting AC somewhere would mess with your EV against stone giants and aliches too much.

Repel and Deflect Missiles work by multiplying monster 'to hit' by a fraction, which is mathematically equivalent to a multiplier applied to your EV (except that it also applies to SH). Repel Missiles averages out to multiplying your EV by 2 against missiles. A character with 0EV does not benefit at all from Repel Missiles. Similarly, the Ring of Shaolin effectively adds +16EV instead of +8 if Repel Missiles is up.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 12:33

Kerslake wrote:Does Shoals:5 have a large assortment of non-aquatic top-tier fiends as a map-setting thing? Like how Swamp:5 has the 27-head corner monster?

There are no fiends in Shoals, barring an unfortunate Zot trap incident. Judging by what you posted in the other thread, you were probably tricked by Mara. Mara has a unique monster spell called 'Mislead' that causes you to see monsters as random other monsters instead of as what they really are. The 'fiends' you saw were probably just regular packs of merfolk.

For this message the author KoboldLord has received thanks:
Kerslake

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 13:38

I don't think he's referring to crawl fiends at all, but using it in the normal english sense of the word: evil dudes.

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 14:01

ClefAria wrote:Will Poison Weapon work on a wielded artefact?

No. None of the various enchant weapon spells will work on artefacts, or non-artefacts with an existing brand.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 15:50

Galefury wrote:I don't think he's referring to crawl fiends at all, but using it in the normal english sense of the word: evil dudes.

Still, the only "fiend" I can think of is the kraken, and that's definately aquatic.

Sooo... I've got teleportitis after being sent to the abyss early. Got back out, but I don't want this to get me killed. There's a shop selling two cure mutations for 1200g, and I have 200g at D:12. Is it worth just sitting it out? Or should I just mutate myself a bunch in hopes of getting rid of it.
Last edited by greepish on Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 16:59

KoboldLord wrote:

There are no fiends in Shoals, barring an unfortunate Zot trap incident. Judging by what you posted in the other thread, you were probably tricked by Mara. Mara has a unique monster spell called 'Mislead' that causes you to see monsters as random other monsters instead of as what they really are. The 'fiends' you saw were probably just regular packs of merfolk.

You're right; after a Miasma Decayed Rune, went back to check and they were all squishy Merfolk.
Mara's illusion skills are simply stunning to behold.

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 17:55

What factors affect where monsters are located when returning to a previous level?

I met Boris on Crypt 3 and escaped luckily. I would like to do Crypt 4, but am worried about running into Boris again. If I go down a different stairs is there a chance he will be right there or is he forced to stay near the stairs I exited? This is after a couple thousand turns at least, but I'm wondering about after a few hundred as well, since I run into this all the time. Sometimes I go back and the monsters are there, but they're asleep, how long does that usually take?

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 18:05

He can fall "asleep" or wander around.
There is a chance, but you remember the level map, right? ;) (Shift+X, and then [ and ] to navigate to the level you want | press < or > to move cursor to the closest upstairs or downstairs, press many times to choose between them, enter to go there)
An escape shut by the stairs and a scroll of blinking can save you.
If you find any mistakes or typos in my post, feel free to PM me about it. Thanks in advance!

The Verse flows throughout Aquaria...
Through each ripple and wave...
Through every living being...
The Verse binds us all as one.

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 24th November 2011, 06:32

No reason to get past 18 M&F skill when I run around with a Spiked Flail right?

And as a sidenote in my last game I got to lvl 13 (and did a major YASD from lazyness) and killed 113 killer bees in that run. And I swear 2/3rds of those was in one room, they just kept comming. Luckily my trusy rPois and Freezing Spiked Flail tore through them combined with retaliatory headbutts.

Zot Zealot

Post Thursday, 24th November 2011, 10:59

OK, so even with rPois, I can now occasionally be poisoned, regardless. This seems reasonable. Does it apply to poison-resistant monsters too?
I am sure I played flawflessly. This was an utmost unfair death. -- gorbeh

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 24th November 2011, 11:54

No. Monster resists are unchanged.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 25th November 2011, 13:12

However, Poison Arrow can still poison the poison-resistant (and always could). Poison immunity is still proof against it.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

hxy

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 25th November 2011, 14:34

ballistomycete in Abyss bug?

I was wondering around the Abyss, and a spore caused some ballistomycete to sprout.
I aways had the impression that when an active ballistomycete is killed, one of the inactive ones will become active, such that the last one to be killed will always be "active"

But in this encounter...
  Code:
 The wall shatters!
 The blast of rock fragments hits the giant spore.
 The giant spore explodes!
_A fungus suddenly grows.
 You pummel the ballistomycete!!!
_You destroy the ballistomycete!
_2 ballistomycetes come into view.
 You pummel the active ballistomycete!!
_The active ballistomycete is severely damaged.
 You pummel the active ballistomycete!!!
_You destroy the active ballistomycete!
 You punch the active ballistomycete!
_The active ballistomycete is moderately damaged.
 You pummel the active ballistomycete!!!
_You destroy the active ballistomycete!
 Found 3 scrolls of curse jewellery.
_There is some shallow water, covered with mold here.
_There is some shallow water here.
_There is some deep water here.
 Found 3 scrolls of curse jewellery.
 There is some shallow water here.
_Your repel missiles spell is about to expire...
_There is some shallow water, covered with mold here.
_There is some deep water here.
 There is some deep water here.
_You feel less protected from missiles.
_An iron imp comes into view.
 You pummel the ballistomycete!!
 You destroy the ballistomycete!
 Having destroyed the fungal colony, you feel a bit more experienced.

Bug?

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 25th November 2011, 15:22

Maybe there were two colonies?
If you find any mistakes or typos in my post, feel free to PM me about it. Thanks in advance!

The Verse flows throughout Aquaria...
Through each ripple and wave...
Through every living being...
The Verse binds us all as one.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 25th November 2011, 15:36

I checked the knowledge bots, and it didn't say anything about the spell power of Confusing Touch affecting the chance to confuse the target (only the target's HD gets calculated). Does the power of the spell have any effect whatsoever?

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 25th November 2011, 16:05

Blade wrote:Is there somewhere we can go (besides source-diving) to see the statistics on armour and evasion that you're using, KoboldLord? I've always wondered about the specifics of their effects; it would be nice to have something to tie the numbers to.

He actually just made them up. Dodge chance doesn't scale linearly like that. See: http://i.imgur.com/0RSGG.png
mikee_ has won 166 times in 396 games (41.92%): 4xDSFi 4xMDFi 3xDDCK 3xDDEE 3xHOPr 2xDDHe 2xDDNe 2xDSBe 2xKeAE 2xMfCr 2xMfSt 2xMiAr 2xMiBe 2xNaTm 1xCeAr 1xCeAs 1xCeBe 1xCeEn 1xCeFE 1xCePa 1xCeTm 1xCeWz 1xDDAs 1xDDCr 1xDDHu 1xDDTm 1xDENe 1xDEWz

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 25th November 2011, 19:00

I believe spell power affects the duration of each casting of Confusing Touch.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 26th November 2011, 00:49

If I have multiple Stealth++ items, do the bonuses stack indefinitely, or are they capped?

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Saturday, 26th November 2011, 04:58

So the wiki lists a bunch of miscast effects, of severity 0,1,2,3... what spell level do spells need to be to fit into each severity and is there a random element? I.e., if I miscast haste will I ever end up paralyzed?

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 26th November 2011, 05:37

Mattchew wrote:If I have multiple Stealth++ items, do the bonuses stack indefinitely, or are they capped?

As my ogre with one stealth "feels very stealthy" with three stealth++ items, I'd say they stack.

Pity that one of those couldn't have been something useful like, say, rPois.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 26th November 2011, 05:40

Ashery wrote:
Mattchew wrote:If I have multiple Stealth++ items, do the bonuses stack indefinitely, or are they capped?

As my ogre with one stealth "feels very stealthy" with three stealth++ items, I'd say they stack.

Pity that one of those couldn't have been something useful like, say, rPois.

Unfortunately for my spriggan, I can't tell just how much they stack. I'm uncannily stealthy with or without 3 stlth++ items. Also, did I say unfortunately?

How many mutations would you need to have to be guaranteed that mutation will never add more (excluding mut resist mutation)?

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 26th November 2011, 05:45

Hello everyone, just joined here.

I think I know the answer to my question.

If a treasure trove wants a +6/+6 Demon Whip, can I e.g. give it a +6/+6 Demon Whip of Venom? I assume not ...?

But just wanted to know for sure before I started using enchantment scrolls on the branded Demon Whip I have in hopes of using it for the trove.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 26th November 2011, 06:05

gorelando wrote:Hello everyone, just joined here.

I think I know the answer to my question.

If a treasure trove wants a +6/+6 Demon Whip, can I e.g. give it a +6/+6 Demon Whip of Venom? I assume not ...?

But just wanted to know for sure before I started using enchantment scrolls on the branded Demon Whip I have in hopes of using it for the trove.

Yes. You can even give it a +6/+7 demon whip of venom if you're feeling crazy. As long as it meets the requirements, the trove's not picky.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 26th November 2011, 06:15

Oh, awesome, that's really cool that it'll work, thanks.

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 26th November 2011, 06:36

greepish wrote:So the wiki lists a bunch of miscast effects, of severity 0,1,2,3... what spell level do spells need to be to fit into each severity and is there a random element? I.e., if I miscast haste will I ever end up paralyzed?

If I remember correctly how that part of the game works the severity of the effect is determined by how badly you miss a success roll for the spell.

cjo

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 26th November 2011, 07:30

I'm playing a Draconic Wizard of Ash. I originally planned on doing melee with an evokable staff, even though it would mean not binding my hands, just because I've never done it. But I started by binding a halberd, and eventually upgraded to a glaive of flaming, and eventually enchanted it to +5/+5. I have become rather fond of my glaive, which has served me well for many levels. I have 6 ranks in polearms, which gives me 12 with Ash's boost, and I will drop down to zero (temporarily) if I unbind my hands. How badly am I gonna miss my glaive, compared to switching to a staff of fire? (Currently, I have 12 fire / 13 evocation with Ash's boosts. I want evocation anyway, because once I get enough gold I plan to buy a crystal ball of energy.)

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 26th November 2011, 07:58

There is no Okawaru altar anywhere on levels 1-10, could it be in the Orc Mines?

ANSWER: No. It was on Level 9, well hidden.
Mangled by Mennas

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 26th November 2011, 15:27

Is this a bug or do scrolls of enchant weapon sometimes fail?

Had a weapon which could be enchanted up to +9/+9 and it was +3/+5 and i had to use 2 scrolls to get it up to +3/+6
PreviousNext

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice