The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' thread

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 17th September 2011, 17:53

Re: The 'Questions too small to need their own thread' threa

Is there a way to cancel a transformation aside from casting yourself into a different one?

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 17th September 2011, 17:54

yes, it's in the abilities screen (press 'a').
Wins: DDBe (3 runes, morgue file)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 17th September 2011, 17:57

AtT wrote:Also my fighter has a high str now and god has given me a few gifts. I have been using a whip of electrocution (8,9) for a long time now (found it on D1) but He has given me some good weapons with a base damage of like 15 or 17. Weaker enchanted artifacts with no brand and (mostly, due to other gear) unnecessary enchantments except for special fights. Should I still use them? I realize the base damage for a whip is low but they are fast and it has nice enchantments by now and a good brand. Not really sure which one to use

Electrocution is a good brand, and it mitigates the pathetic nature of low-base damage weapons quite a bit, but it won't let that whip keep up forever. Exactly when you should switch over depends on particulars that you didn't list in your post, but it definitely should happen sooner or later. If you find a non-artifact demon whip with a brand that adds to damage somehow, it's probably a good one to switch to. If it's an artifact demon whip, it depends on the properties it has.

For this message the author KoboldLord has received thanks:
AtT

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Saturday, 17th September 2011, 21:55

A whip of electrocution is a very good weapon for where you're probably at now. Elec damage is totally independent of its weapon's base damage (unlike flame or freezing), so you want it on a fast weapon like a whip.

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 17th September 2011, 21:56

the last two times i've killed jessica in trunk she's generated with a wand of hasting. welcome as it is, should this be possible? i don't recall it happening in the past.

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 17th September 2011, 23:15

Has Okawaru piety gain/loss been changed from what is listed on the wiki?

I find that I'm very often dropping to ***** even though I'm killing and sacrificing everything in sight.
KoboldLord wrote:I'm also morbidly curious now as to how Shatter is abusable for 'stealth tricks'. It's about as stealthy as the Kool-Aid Man smashing through the walls and running through the room

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 18th September 2011, 03:30

bobross419 wrote:Has Okawaru piety gain/loss been changed from what is listed on the wiki?

I find that I'm very often dropping to ***** even though I'm killing and sacrificing everything in sight.

Some of your piety gain is probably being fed into your gift timeout, to make the next gift come sooner. As long as you maintain enough piety for Finesse, you're probably doing everything right.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 18th September 2011, 04:42

What is a good assassin god? I'm considering either Oki for the gifts or Sif Muna for increased chance of utility spells.

Sif could be a pain to get piety with though since all I'll have to start is Spellcasting.
KoboldLord wrote:I'm also morbidly curious now as to how Shatter is abusable for 'stealth tricks'. It's about as stealthy as the Kool-Aid Man smashing through the walls and running through the room

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 18th September 2011, 05:53

Sif Muna also won't take you unless you already know a spell.

Okawaru is good, for the reasons you mentioned (and his powers help when stabbing fails). Trog and Makhleb have useful powers, too, plus their summons give you more chances to stab distracted enemies.

Or Nemelex. His decks are much easier to build up than magic (even if you pick a race that's good at magic).

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 18th September 2011, 12:37

i'm trying to use the bindkey command to remap something, but crawl doesn't recognize the new keys. i'm talking about characters like 'ç' or something like that. is there a way to use an ascii code instead or something along those lines?

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 19th September 2011, 19:13

in Webtiles, how can i enter a shop?
Check out my characters at Spielersofa (in German)

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 19th September 2011, 19:32

I just cast Tukima's Dance (via the Blade card from a deck of defense). I was boxed in with a monster on one side and a teleport trap on the other. The weapon never appeared anywhere and I can't find it anywhere on the level. It's a regular semi-open layout pan level, so I'm pretty sure I'm not missing a hidden area.

Is it possible it's totally gone somehow?

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 19th September 2011, 20:16

slowcar wrote:in Webtiles, how can i enter a shop?

Press this button ">"

Usually "Shift"+"."

Three questions of my own:
1. Is it possible vorpalize electrocution some way?
2. Is there any way to put pictures (or anything else, really) into spoilers on this forum?
3. What does the flame next to a thread mean? A hot thread? A popular one? I guess...

For this message the author MADDOGmjb has received thanks:
slowcar

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 19th September 2011, 20:46

MADDOGmjb wrote:
slowcar wrote:in Webtiles, how can i enter a shop?

Press this button ">"

Usually "Shift"+"."

Three questions of my own:
1. Is it possible vorpalize electrocution some way?
2. Is there any way to put pictures (or anything else, really) into spoilers on this forum?
3. What does the flame next to a thread mean? A hot thread? A popular one? I guess...

1. I don't know, don't think so.
2. You could make a codebox maybe? with some space at the top? I haven't seen a "spoilers" tag.
3. It just means they put a flame next to the title when they made it (it's an option at the top when creating a post) Popular threads seem to be towards the top in general when you click "tavern."

Don't know if these are kinds of answers you were looking for but I'm pretty sure they're accurate.

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 19th September 2011, 21:04

Well I'm curious about the flame thing because my Character in Progress thread has a flame next to it and I definitely didn't put it there.

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 19th September 2011, 21:52

MADDOGmjb wrote:Well I'm curious about the flame thing because my Character in Progress thread has a flame next to it and I definitely didn't put it there.

The flame means "hot topic", many people replied there in a measured timeframe, usually a day.
the post icon "flame" looks different and would be placed to the left of the thread symbol.

thanks for the key, i did not find it on the help, and with a strong ghost on my heels (on webtiles they can be a real pest) i did not want to try too many :)

For this message the author slowcar has received thanks:
MADDOGmjb

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 19th September 2011, 22:17

About how valuable, roughly speaking, is an increase from 30 to 39 AC (on the actual character screen, not pure item stats)? Is it worth needing to switch weapons to reliably cast semi-controlled blinks and basic buffs? Is it worth continuing to put skill points in magic to get past that when you're already on at least Very Good one EV penalty class down?

I'm running a Mountain Dwarf Death Knight who's way further than any heavy armor character I've ever played (just got the Vault rune, probably going right for the Snake and Shoals rune next), and my first ever attempt at casting magic through heavy armor at all (the Staff of Wizardry and Ring of Teleport Control just made it too tempting), so I don't really know where my priorities should lie.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 20th September 2011, 00:14

Sjohara wrote:About how valuable, roughly speaking, is an increase from 30 to 39 AC (on the actual character screen, not pure item stats)? Is it worth needing to switch weapons to reliably cast semi-controlled blinks and basic buffs? Is it worth continuing to put skill points in magic to get past that when you're already on at least Very Good one EV penalty class down?

Every two points of AC will reduce the damage from every attack against you by an average of one hit point. A change in body armor is a little more complicated because it provides a minimum reduction that bumps the average up a little bit, but for the most part AC is the easiest of the three cardinal defenses to understand.

That +9AC will reduce every incoming attack by an average of 4.5hp. Sometimes it'll be the full 9, sometimes 0, but on average 4.5. If you're being shot at by a yaktaur pack with six yaktaurs in it, the 4.5 reduction will apply to every single one of them, so you'll get about an extra 27hp reduction per volley from all of those attacks put together due to that extra +9AC. If you're being shot at by a single ancient lich that knows and is using Crystal Spear on you, though, that Crystal Spear that normally deals 100+ hit points worth of damage will still only be reduced by an extra 4.5 from that extra +9AC.

AC is very, very good at shutting down lots of small attacks, but not so good at protecting you from individual big attacks.

Generally speaking, semi-controlled Blinks are VERY good things, and it's usually worth sacrificing quite a bit of your other defenses to get access to them. It might not be worth sacrificing your offense, though, because you're going to have to kill things sooner or later.

MyOtheHedgeFox

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 20th September 2011, 07:05

Getting lvl 2 spells castable is worth it in heavy armour, i think. repel missiles, for example, would reduce the damage from the yaktaur pack more, swiftness would allow you to get to them quicker (or escape quicker).
on lvl 3 there is flight (+swiftness - very fast movement) or regeneration (avoid being sick, on top of healing quick).
unless you are wearing really heavy armour or following trog i don't see a reason not to sidestep into casting a few basic buffs.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 20th September 2011, 08:42

slowcar wrote:on lvl 3 there is flight (+swiftness - very fast movement)

Not anymore. The bonus for the swiftfly combo has been removed. That's why flight has been reduced to level 3 btw.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

For this message the author galehar has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 20th September 2011, 16:44

What is the difference between Levitation and Flight then?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 20th September 2011, 16:51

What is the difference between Levitation and Flight then?

Flight is more superior, since it allows you to pick items on floor, and go down the stairs.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 20th September 2011, 17:01

I see, so Flight has Controlled FLight built in and Lev will need item intervention. THanks

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 21st September 2011, 03:39

How much should I train Traps & Doors in the early game? Also, what are its uses?

Thus far, I've always turned it off the moment I get it, simply because I can't see what benefit it offers compared to ... well, pretty much any other skill. I've never really felt hindered without it, but it feels odd to have a skill that I never use on any build. I'm a fairly new player, having never managed to delve deeper than Lair:1, and I'm just wondering if I'm always doing something wrong by not bothering to ever use Traps & Doors and just ignoring every trap that I come across.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 21st September 2011, 03:50

Keep T&D on! The traps in the EARLY game are really pedestrian, yeah... but later in the dungeon (way past Lair 1), when the Zot traps start showing up and mutating you and sending you to the Abyss and crap, you'll be glad you built up that skill! Plus, on average the skill doesn't take enough XP away from your other skills to really notice.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 21st September 2011, 04:00

Happy Corner wrote:Keep T&D on! The traps in the EARLY game are really pedestrian, yeah... but later in the dungeon (way past Lair 1), when the Zot traps start showing up and mutating you and sending you to the Abyss and crap, you'll be glad you built up that skill! Plus, on average the skill doesn't take enough XP away from your other skills to really notice.

Should I be actively training it at all (disarming traps, etc.)? I often end up keeping it on just because it isn't draining any XP at all, but that rather defeats the purpose of leaving it on.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 21st September 2011, 05:11

Which version are you playing? In 0.9, you can train a skill without actually using it.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 21st September 2011, 06:05

No need to actively train it - on an average run, it'll get where it needs to be in due time. There's nothing wrong with actively training it (or keeping it on manual) if you want to be extra sure, though. Around level 10+ is good enough for Zot.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 21st September 2011, 15:49

Is the shatter damage from Devastator increased by anything? Evocations, Maces & Flails, Earth Magic?
How does Devastator's damage compare to a whip of electrocution, assuming substantial, grounded, non-resistant opponents?

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 21st September 2011, 18:41

I've noticed that when a player character gets into melee range of a typically ranged monster, ie a Centaur, Yaktaur, etc, the mobs will switch over to melee weapons. This leads me to believe there might be a reason that they do it. So my question is this... is there any kind of penalty for a player character to continue to fire a ranged weapon at point blank range when a monster is in melee range, or do the monsters just switch over for flavor reasons?

For this message the author Pokey has received thanks:
Grimm

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 21st September 2011, 18:54

Pokey wrote:I've noticed that when a player character gets into melee range of a typically ranged monster, ie a Centaur, Yaktaur, etc, the mobs will switch over to melee weapons. This leads me to believe there might be a reason that they do it. So my question is this... is there any kind of penalty for a player character to continue to fire a ranged weapon at point blank range when a monster is in melee range, or do the monsters just switch over for flavor reasons?

The reason they switch over to melee is because they'd kill you way too easily if they kept using ranged attacks. It's intentionally dumb AI, and the opportunity to exploit their stupidity by closing to melee is intentional. There is no penalty for shooting at something in melee with you, and the nastiest archer monsters in the game keep shooting just like a player would.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 21st September 2011, 18:58

KoboldLord wrote:There is no penalty for shooting at something in melee with you

Wesnoth Crawl Stone Soup

For this message the author Grimm has received thanks: 2
Blade, MyOtheHedgeFox

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 22nd September 2011, 02:00

Time for an embarrassing n00b question:

How do I exclude areas from autotravel?

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 22nd September 2011, 02:08

If I remember right:

Hit "X" to enter level cursor mode.

Move the cursor to the spot you want to exclude, then hit "e". You can hit "e" repeatedly to change the size of the exclusion zone (or delete it).

For this message the author Happy Corner has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 23rd September 2011, 19:13

If I wanted to train quickly to get mephitic cloud or freezing cloud for example castable, would it be better to train only conjuration very hard? or all 3 spread out. I'm trying to do this on a mummy and am unsure whether it's better to specialize or branch out my spell training with regards to spells that require 3 schools (ice air and conj for freezing cloud)

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 23rd September 2011, 19:53

The formula uses the mean of the skills, so spreading it out is fine. Assuming that it's easier to get from say 1 to 2 than from 10 to 11, spreading it out will be more effective than focusing on one.

edit: a question of my own. Does a ring of regeneration increase hunger even while you're at full HP and thus not regenerating?
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

For this message the author rchandra has received thanks:
AtT

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 23rd September 2011, 22:44

rchandra wrote:The formula uses the mean of the skills, so spreading it out is fine. Assuming that it's easier to get from say 1 to 2 than from 10 to 11, spreading it out will be more effective than focusing on one.

Only if that's your only spell and the apts for all three schools are the same. If you also have other spells focusing on one or two of the schools can be better. Most magic backgrounds start out with a pretty focused book.

For this message the author Galefury has received thanks:
AtT

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 23rd September 2011, 23:16

Galefury wrote:
rchandra wrote:The formula uses the mean of the skills, so spreading it out is fine. Assuming that it's easier to get from say 1 to 2 than from 10 to 11, spreading it out will be more effective than focusing on one.

Only if that's your only spell and the apts for all three schools are the same. If you also have other spells focusing on one or two of the schools can be better. Most magic backgrounds start out with a pretty focused book.

Is it actually easier to get from 1 to 2 than 10 to 11?

Also with a mummy i've been leaving spellcasting at like 1 or seriously delaying it lately as leveling usually gives enough MP and spell hunger is not an issue. It seems like conj is more important for a conjurer at the start at least. Also been delaying stealth and fighting because I find myself lacking in damage not in health/dodge/stealth for a caster. Seems they have to be more specialized than other races with the -2 aptitudes o.o

Also what does spell level 6 mean? I recognize that it's a difficult spell but what does that MEAN. That you have to have an average of level 6 in all it's parts to cast it? I feel like I have no idea when I will get spells to move up to the next usefulness.

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 23rd September 2011, 23:47

It is far easier to get from skill level 1 to 2 than from 10 to 11. Focusing is usually worth it though.

Spell level is the mana cost of the spell, and also determines how hard it is to cast and hunger cost. Also the spell level is the minimum XL you need to learn the spell. To cast a level 6 spell reliably you need anything from about 10 to 15+ levels in the relevant schools, depending on how high your spellcasting skill and int are, your armor, shield (and armor and shields skills), and wizardry equipment.

For this message the author Galefury has received thanks:
AtT

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 23rd September 2011, 23:50

so like 10 each? 15 for two? and I heard spellcasting has less of an effect on reliability than the actual schools so can it lag behind? So for a level 6 spell with spellcasting (s) and schools (a), (b), and (c), would 10s, 10a, 10b, and 10c put it at fair?

Maybe there is some calculator like the weapons calc?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 23rd September 2011, 23:59

Galefury wrote:Only if that's your only spell and the apts for all three schools are the same. If you also have other spells focusing on one or two of the schools can be better. Most magic backgrounds start out with a pretty focused book.

There is no aptitude difference in the game that makes it more expensive to raise a skill from 1 to 2 than another skill from 10 to 11. It is nearly always a good idea to train all relevant magic skills for a vital spell, since you will get it sooner and at higher power. Eventually those points in air and poison to get Mephitic Cloud to excellent will be a waste, but you have to get through the early game before you can play the late game.

AtT wrote:Also with a mummy i've been leaving spellcasting at like 1 or seriously delaying it lately as leveling usually gives enough MP and spell hunger is not an issue. It seems like conj is more important for a conjurer at the start at least. Also been delaying stealth and fighting because I find myself lacking in damage not in health/dodge/stealth for a caster. Seems they have to be more specialized than other races with the -2 aptitudes o.o

I don't really recommend leaving spellcasting at 1, or anywhere near 1, even as a mummy. Spellcasting doesn't have as strong an effect on spell power and spell success as conjurations does for conjurations spells, but raising spellcasting will eventually give a greater per-xp spell power benefit than conjurations even if you ignore the extra mp, spell slots, etc. And you shouldn't ignore the extra mp and spell slots, either. Plus, you can pick up other useful non-conjurations spells and you'll already have part of the work done in getting them usable.

Delaying steath, fighting, dodging, etc. is a much more palatable sacrifice, although eventually the cost of bootstrapping these skills to moderate levels will be extremely minimal compared to the cost of raising your damage output even the tiniest bit more.

AtT wrote:Also what does spell level 6 mean? I recognize that it's a difficult spell but what does that MEAN. That you have to have an average of level 6 in all it's parts to cast it? I feel like I have no idea when I will get spells to move up to the next usefulness.

You have to be level 6 or better to cast it regardless of skills and intelligence, but beyond that there are too many variables in play to say anything concrete. If you have 50 int and two rings and a staff of wizardry equipped, you'll be able to cast Freezing Cloud at much lower skill levels than if you have 25 int and no wizardry.

As a general rule of thumb, get the relevant skills to an average of double the spell level before you even bother to check your spell success. 12 charms probably won't be enough for satisfactory success with Haste, but you'll at least be only a few success rate categories down from where you want to be, and maybe you can push yourself over the top earlier if you have wizardry or some intelligence-boosting items to work with.

For this message the author KoboldLord has received thanks: 2
AtT, dassem

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 24th September 2011, 00:14

So if gaining spell levels doesn't get harder as they get bigger, why not just go straight conjuration instead of air and poison (early)

I recognize that if you have more skills on, having more schools turned on relevant to your school gives them a larger percentage drawn so it's like a more detailed focus. But in the case of the early game I just go straight conj on mummies even without spellcasting. Maybe I should leave that on + but I have no other skills on. That way they can actually do SOME damage and not die. I usually try to start branching out once I get meph cloud from only conj as that is more useful for the other spells I use. I think my methods need refining, but where I would nearly always die before the temple I now make it to the lair pretty consistently with mummy casters. Deep elves can get away with leaving stealth on all game (and fighting) but I don't think a mummy can do that at all. I'll keep working at it I don't have the right timings yet but it is getting gradually easier and easier to do everything I gotta do in the early game.

I'd really like to get some high level spells out though I feel weak in the lair

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 24th September 2011, 00:27

AtT wrote:So if gaining spell levels doesn't get harder as they get bigger,

Whoever said that is wrong.

AtT wrote:why not just go straight conjuration instead of air and poison (early)

And this is why.

AtT wrote:I recognize that if you have more skills on, having more schools turned on relevant to your school gives them a larger percentage drawn so it's like a more detailed focus. But in the case of the early game I just go straight conj on mummies even without spellcasting. Maybe I should leave that on + but I have no other skills on. That way they can actually do SOME damage and not die.

This is almost certainly a terrible idea, and your understanding of skill growth is wildly wrong.

Suppose given a certain amount of spellcasting, you need an average of 6 in all three of conjurations, air, and poison to get Mephitic Cloud online. You could get conjurations alone to 18, and that would be an average of 6… But it would be require less xp, and therefore require fewer monsters dead without the benefit of Mephitic Cloud, if you raised conjurations to 10 and the other two to 4 instead. As a matter of fact, for the cost of raising conjurations to 18 instead of 10, you could have not only raised air and poison to 4, but you could have raised fighting, dodging, shields, armor, traps & doors, stealth, evocations, invocations, translocations, summons, hexes, fire, and even several less immediately useful skills all to 4. Raising all of those skills combined to level 4 is still cheaper than raising conjurations to 18 from 10.

AtT wrote:I usually try to start branching out once I get meph cloud from only conj as that is more useful for the other spells I use. I think my methods need refining, but where I would nearly always die before the temple I now make it to the lair pretty consistently with mummy casters.

Are you using a mummy wizard or a mummy conjuror, by the way? If you are a wizard, conjurations is doing almost nothing for you once Mephitic Cloud is usable, since Magic Dart hits its power cap at roughly the same time. If you are a conjuror, you should invest in some air magic or ice magic instead of some of that conjurations in order to get Lightning Bolt or Bolt of Cold sooner. Trying conjurations alone will be radically slower.

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 24th September 2011, 00:38

Conjuror. I don't like how wizard don't have a ton of power. I am ALWAYS getting a late temple without my gods and find them late on D7 and they just don't like me anyway. I like the comfort of the conj start book.

What level should I stop conj at (or at least start working on other schools) I did 8 this time (lol) a bit over the top I suppose. I've never really used lightning bolt much. I guess it would be a good call haha. That would make the lair easier plus Eresist is pretty rare it seems

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 24th September 2011, 02:12

AtT wrote:What level should I stop conj at (or at least start working on other schools) I did 8 this time (lol) a bit over the top I suppose. I've never really used lightning bolt much. I guess it would be a good call haha. That would make the lair easier plus Eresist is pretty rare it seems

More conjurations/air/ice will make spells like Lightning Bolt and Bolt of Cold do more damage, so the only reason to stop is if you want to build up something else. They do have a damage cap, but that's way down the line and by the time you hit it you'll probably want to head for Ice Storm or something instead.

Anyway, I usually pick either air or ice and raise is roughly evenly with conjurations until I get the boom spell I plan to use to work reliably. Then I bootstrap the elemental skill I didn't pick to get Freezing Cloud online, at which point I can advance to Zot on that spell alone. Don't expect Freezing Cloud to stay in a starting book for much longer, by the way.

Naturally, if I find a book with a good spell in it, such as Blink, I'll divert everything to that for a bit to get it reliable. Then it's back to work on getting Freezing Cloud.

Spellcasting skill is a bit more nuanced for conjurors. I usually focus it, but it's a tiny bit more efficient to switch back and forth so you train one skill at a time. Your mummy can probably afford to just leave it on, training but not focused.

AtT

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 24th September 2011, 14:38

does the experience aptitude after how fast you level up SKILLS too? would a human (100 exp) master fighting sooner than a demonspawn (160 exp),they both have 0 apt for fighting.

or does is it only helpful for raising your XL to 27 and getting stat bonuses/spell slots faster than usual? cause everyone reaches lv27 in a normal game anyways.

also how do i activate the TURNS USED PER ACTION option on the offline version? the one webtiles has thats like total turns(1.2),that would be extremely helpful in combat -.-

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 24th September 2011, 20:06

What's the best way to take out an orc high priest when playing a lv.13 SpEn?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 24th September 2011, 20:13

Blade wrote:What's the best way to take out an orc high priest when playing a lv.13 SpEn?

Run away and come back after clearing several levels elsewhere.

That said, they're perfectly possible to stab to death. If you can get a confusion effect to tag before they summon, they shouldn't be any further trouble. Invisibility won't work.
PreviousNext

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice