What is Invisible?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 20th April 2011, 16:34

What is Invisible?

I just started playing non-Spriggans and have realized the importance of SINV.

Orc Wizards, Sigmund, those brand new flying mutant meat white snake things that rain a lot, and those pink guys with the one eye who jump around like bats.

Oh, and apparently Ghost Moths.

Anything else my DDNe should be concerned with?
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Zot Zealot

Post Wednesday, 20th April 2011, 16:56

Re: What is Invisible?

Elf :P
I am sure I played flawflessly. This was an utmost unfair death. -- gorbeh

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 20th April 2011, 16:58

You just have to memorize which areas have invisible creatures and wear a ring of invisibility or move VERY slowly through them.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 20th April 2011, 17:11

Many uniques, the flying things are sky beasts, the pink things are unseen horrors, and also shadow wraiths.

Edit - These pages might be useful:
http://crawl.chaosforge.org/index.php?title=Invisible
http://crawl.chaosforge.org/index.php?title=Category:Invisible.

The usual disclaimer about the wiki being out of date applies.

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 20th April 2011, 20:38

Just a small tip, for things that aren't invisible by nature but are capable of turning invisible (i.e. Sigmund, Orc Wizards), if they turn invisible just run up some stairs and rest a couple of times. When you go back downstairs they should be perfectly visible. If they go invisible again, find some way to get back upstairs unfollowed and repeat as many times as necessary.

This tactic makes Sigmund a rather small threat for me at any point in the game, as the first thing he usually does is cast Invisibility which in my opinion is the thing that makes him the most dangerous to early level characters.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 20th April 2011, 20:54

Laraso wrote:Just a small tip, for things that aren't invisible by nature but are capable of turning invisible (i.e. Sigmund, Orc Wizards), if they turn invisible just run up some stairs and rest a couple of times. When you go back downstairs they should be perfectly visible. If they go invisible again, find some way to get back upstairs unfollowed and repeat as many times as necessary.

This tactic makes Sigmund a rather small threat for me at any point in the game, as the first thing he usually does is cast Invisibility which in my opinion is the thing that makes him the most dangerous to early level characters.

I thought the thing that made Sigmund the most dangerous was his scythe.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 20th April 2011, 21:04

Actually, I thought the most dangerous thing about Sigmund was his wand of confusion/paralysis/draining etc..

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 20th April 2011, 21:08

Jeremiah wrote:Actually, I thought the most dangerous thing about Sigmund was his wand of confusion/paralysis/draining etc..

He rarely uses those on me and usually just casts throw flame or whatever that orange spell is, occasionally using the confusion wand.

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 21st April 2011, 15:13

Or his wand of lightning which kills you in one hit.

And hell, i'd say grinder is worse, he paralyzes you and then you die to his dagger of electrocution. Most of these uniques are easy enough to kill, unless they spawned with good wands or weapons and then you die instantly.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice