Abyss behavior

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 19th December 2014, 10:25

Abyss behavior

Tell me guys, is it true that the deeper char in Abyss, the more loot (it ganarates more often) I can find?
English is NOT my native language.

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 19th December 2014, 12:42

Re: Abyss behavior

nope
abyss loot sucks anyway

For this message the author notcluie has received thanks:
GlassGo

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 19th December 2014, 12:50

I found abyssal rune, and it seems that Abyss generate now only portal out, not deeper.
Am I wrong?

Edit: wrong, its look like portals leading out of Abyss spawn rate became higher.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 19th December 2014, 20:16

The thing with the abyss is, if you go too deep, you can get trapped forever in endless boredom. Or you might get lucky and die.

For this message the author daggaz has received thanks:
crate

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 19th December 2014, 21:37

only two things are infinite in crawl;
the abyss and the tedium it generates

For this message the author notcluie has received thanks:
duvessa

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 19th December 2014, 22:10

but it IS true that it gets more dangerous.
114491 | Pan | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
114491 | Pan | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
114492 | Pan | Killed Gloorx Vloq

true lords of shadow NEVER sleep

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Saturday, 20th December 2014, 11:34

As for my char - Abyss 5 not far from Abyss 1. The only difference - I'm enraged by constantly generated packs of trashing horrors, who canэt deal any damage to me, but move like a bat. Pack of raiju the same.
Last edited by GlassGo on Sunday, 21st December 2014, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 20th December 2014, 19:26

Abyssal loot does not suck, its just a poor reason to go there since theres no concentrations of it such as you might find in a Vault.

The abyss can and will generate just about anything on the floor, I've found critical spellbooks (Haste), heal/haste wands, exotic scrolls, all sorts of goodies. However the fact that anything can generate means you gotta scum it if you are after specifics. I've had a reasonable time running around the Abyss as a follower of Ash, since he pinpoints the loot and staircases, its normally something I reserve for a char who is ready to ascend and lacks a specific item/ability for extended.

As far as I know depth in Abyss plays no role in loot generation, just rune/exits. (and as mentioned, having the rune makes exits much more common)
Online Wins: MiFi, GrFi, TrMo, HOGl, SpEn, {DEWz, DDNe}, {OgBe, CeHu}, FoFi, VSFi, MfGl, {HaGl, VpEn, HESk}, KoAs, DsFi, TeMo

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 20th December 2014, 20:10

ive found heal wands on d:2 does that mean d:2 has good loot

For this message the author notcluie has received thanks: 2
cerebovssquire, duvessa

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 20th December 2014, 20:36

Whether I enter the Abyss at XL10 with 0 Runes or at XL27 with 14 Runes already, I hardly ever come out better off than I went in. Exploring the next part of the regular game is almost invariably going to have better expected returns than an Abyss trip until there are no additional parts of the regular game, and even when you're out of next parts to explore and you're just grinding for no reason, Pan is more reliably lucrative than the Abyss because you can easily find the loot vaults and move on.

If your plan involves going into the Abyss for any reason other than 'I want the Abyssal Rune now' or 'I am about to die so I will use Lugonu's powers to avoid that', chances are you plan is bad.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 20th December 2014, 20:37

dual post.
Last edited by daggaz on Saturday, 20th December 2014, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 20th December 2014, 20:39

Agree. Looting the regular dungeon is always better.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 22nd December 2014, 08:46

KoboldLord wrote:Whether I enter the Abyss at XL10 with 0 Runes or at XL27 with 14 Runes already, I hardly ever come out better off than I went in. Exploring the next part of the regular game is almost invariably going to have better expected returns than an Abyss trip until there are no additional parts of the regular game, and even when you're out of next parts to explore and you're just grinding for no reason, Pan is more reliably lucrative than the Abyss because you can easily find the loot vaults and move on.

If your plan involves going into the Abyss for any reason other than 'I want the Abyssal Rune now' or 'I am about to die so I will use Lugonu's powers to avoid that', chances are you plan is bad.

Actually on my last winning char, I got banished by Louise, but since Kiku corpses skale with branch I was able to kill some very powerfull monsters while searching for the escape. I ended up with a major xp boost and 1 ?aq. So that trip was really worth it. Still I would not want to have to go there ever...

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice