DDNe^Jiyva

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 16th September 2014, 16:03

DDNe^Jiyva

I stumbled upon a temple infested with Jiyva altars (new vault?) and was wondering if this would be an alright choice for a DDNe. There's also an Mahkleb altar in the temple, so I'm finding it hard to seriously consider Jiyva.
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 16th September 2014, 17:22

Re: DDNe^Jiyva

Disclaimer: I have never played a DD** of Jiyva. But seriously how often do you get this chance? I'd totally worship the slime in a situation like that.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 16th September 2014, 17:27

Jiyva heals you whenever items get consumed, so he's not bad for DD's health (though not as good as Makhleb), and slimify is always strong (lets you 1-shot ancient liches for example). Go for it if you want to try.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 16th September 2014, 17:53

Yeah, I figured I kinda had to. While I have noticed the game being slightly more difficult than if I had worshipped Mahkleb, I managed to cheese (slime) kill a cylops xl10, so I'll take that as a good sign.
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

For this message the author Greyr has received thanks:
and into

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 18th September 2014, 05:49

I played a DDNE^Jiyva and won it:
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Seigu ... 011321.txt

I find it's tougher than say, Makhleb or Trog or Evy, but it's doable.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 18th September 2014, 06:59

Four runes and skipped Spider. Care to elaborate?
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 18th September 2014, 20:02

IIRC the entrance to spider was particularly nasty when I got there for some reason and I didn't have any rPois and didn't have much in the way of curing potions, I decided to skip it and come back later.

I think I just forgot to go back for it.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice