Trying to reach a Jiyva altar for my first god...

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 9th September 2014, 00:36

Trying to reach a Jiyva altar for my first god...

So I'm trying to get a Jiyva credit in the tournament, and therefore haven't worshipped any gods before diving to the lair. Was hoping to find an altar outside the slime pits, but of course that never actually works out for me.

So I have two options, give up and take any other god, or dive to slime:6. Some chance of there being an altar before level 6, but not very good. I'm a troll, so melee power is pretty good, but I'm only around 12/14/11 defenses and level 14. On the plus side, I do have an amulet of resist corrosion. What are my chances of actually making it to the slime:6 altar?

Also since I can never remember this for the life of me - blinking on a -ctele level (via a scroll) is semi-controlled, or random? I haven't identified haste potions yet, sadly. I think going down, pulling the royal jelly out, random teleporting, and trying to get back to the middle is probably my best bet. How suicidal is this plan, considering that I'm willing to entertain mildly suicidal plans?

If I do convert, are all jellies neutral immediately?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 9th September 2014, 00:42

Re: Trying to reach a Jiyva altar for my first god...

Random. Semi-controlled is for CBlink spell only.
Yes, they become neutral immediately.

For this message the author Sandman25 has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 9th September 2014, 03:42

12/14/11 sounds too low. rCorr takes the bite out of a lot of their attacks but you'd still have the azure jellies and death oozes to worry about, not to mention eyes of all caliber. I would probably just abandon the Slime God for this round.
114491 | Pan | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
114491 | Pan | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
114492 | Pan | Killed Gloorx Vloq

true lords of shadow NEVER sleep

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 9th September 2014, 05:26

I just put off the decision for a while, ran spider, got the rune, powered up. The major change was I was able to acquire a pretty sick +10 storm dragon armor randart, so that made it pretty easy.

And then the altar spawned on Slime:4, which was fairly anti-climatic, but I like winning, so I'm not complaining.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice