Swords with TSO: Demon Blade or Claymore?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 31st August 2014, 00:09

Swords with TSO: Demon Blade or Claymore?

When you get TSO's blessing on a sword, is it better to do a Demon Blade (for a Eudemon Blade or whatever it is ) or a Claymore?
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 31st August 2014, 02:19

Re: Swords with TSO: Demon Blade or Claymore?

Blessed Claymore is high-investment, and two-handed, eudemon blade is low-investment and one handed.

*ultimately* the claymore does more damage in the absence of anything else, but slaying and aux attacks can bring eudemon blade up past the claymore, given sufficient quantities of either or both.

Unless you've already got the 22 long blade skill for a blessed claymore, I would personally go with the eudemon blade and dump the XP into defensive skills, if you're already past this point then it might be worth it to use the larger weapon, but in 99% of cases the eudemon blade is the better choice.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice