Staff of earth vs lajatang of pain

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 00:16

Re: Staff of earth vs lajatang of pain

Hauberk does not prevent cloaks!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 00:36

Shows how long it's been since I've seen one. Pretend I said helmet or gloves :)

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 03:10

Yeah. I tried on the hauberk but was uncertain what the resulting balance of AC (much higher) and EV (somewhat lower) meant for the character. I decided not to wear it because of the spellcasting impact. Resistances were not an issue because I have no resistances in these slots anyway (and damn few resistances at all).

I was doing OK and thinking of trying for 15 runes (have spider/swamp/slime so far) until I stepped into the vestibule and saw a player ghost from an 8 rune character with Fire Storm, OoD, LCS, Shatter, Haste, Servitor, and more... with 44AC/25EV/190HP, RC+++, RF+++, etc etc etc. I have no idea how to beat that ghost even if I eventually get decent fire resistance (which I currently lack). What a wrecking ball, and me with my only real offense being Shatter, which the ghost is immune to. I think I'm screwed....

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 05:54

Dispel undead works pretty well against player ghosts.
Greaterplayer
Greatrace:Ds,Dr,Mf(1st)
Greatrole:Wz(1st),Mo(1st),AM(1st),EE(1st)
Previous

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice