Invisibility and contamination

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 28th June 2014, 14:42

Invisibility and contamination

Hey guys, evokable invisibility incurs magical contamination only per activation or per duration too?

i.e.: does using the "become visible again" ability have any impact in contamination accrued? and therefore waiting times, satiation, and being able to safely use invisibility again sooner?

What about other sources of invisibvility?
Hirsch I wrote:Also,are you calling me a power-gamer? this is highly offensive! now excuse me, I have to go back to my GrBe game, that I savescummed until trog gave me a Vampiric +9 claymore.

dck

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 28th June 2014, 14:59

Re: Invisibility and contamination

You get contam as you go invisible then more over time, and obviously if you stop having the invis status you stop getting contam.
It's enough to generally make you glow a bit if you evoke and turn off twice in a row. Normally you don't need to be invis for a whole lot of turns, so in practice invis you can turn off is a lot better than regular since you can cancel it and then turn it on again whenever having it would be relevant without making you waste 200 turns per activation.

For this message the author dck has received thanks:
Psiweapon

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 28th June 2014, 15:26

Re: Invisibility and contamination

dck wrote:You get contam as you go invisible then more over time, and obviously if you stop having the invis status you stop getting contam.
It's enough to generally make you glow a bit if you evoke and turn off twice in a row. Normally you don't need to be invis for a whole lot of turns, so in practice invis you can turn off is a lot better than regular since you can cancel it and then turn it on again whenever having it would be relevant without making you waste 200 turns per activation.

Yes, that's the idea. I explore around the dungeon, whenever I see something, I hide around a corner and activate invis, get near to them and stab anything that's around - when I run out of targets, I become visible, butcher some monster, and wait in hiding until the contamination wears off - rinse and repeat.
Hirsch I wrote:Also,are you calling me a power-gamer? this is highly offensive! now excuse me, I have to go back to my GrBe game, that I savescummed until trog gave me a Vampiric +9 claymore.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice