inverted running

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 4th April 2011, 23:29

inverted running

Brand-new player here. I just downloaded the game, but have run into an annoying issue. All documentation ingame seems to indicate that you can move one space in any direction by pressing the appropriate numpad key, and can run until something interesting happens by holding shift as you do. My actual experience, however, has been the opposite - I automatically run unless I'm holding shift, in which case I take one step. Does anyone know of a way to fix this and get the controls working the way they seem to be intended to? Or is it working fine, and I'm just misunderstanding something?

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 5th April 2011, 00:18

Re: inverted running

sounds like your keyboard is weird.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 5th April 2011, 00:56

I don't encounter this behavior in any other program, though. I don't need to hold shift to type in lowercase instead of uppercase, or anything like that. It's only this one game that has the status of my shift key backwards.

...Actually, that's not even the case. Even in game, typing works normally, with lowercase by default and uppercase with shift, so it's just walking and running that are confused.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 5th April 2011, 01:20

Try Numlock both on and off.

For this message the author dpeg has received thanks:
lordatog

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 5th April 2011, 01:28

That did it. Thanks to you, I can now die horribly over and over. :D

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice