Is vehumet the best for Summoners?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 29th December 2010, 01:05

Is vehumet the best for Summoners?

I just recently found out how awesome Deep Elf Summoners are. You get half the normal XP, sure, but it doesn't really matter when you have a massive army of war dogs and ice beasts. The only time I really die is when I find one of my summoner ghosts...

Anyways, is Vehumet the best for summoners? Or should I go with someone else?

EDIT:

Also, what is a good way to avoid summoner ghosts? Whenever I notice one it usually spammals me to death. I try to run but the spammals are faster than I am and they surround me... They usually kill me before a scroll of teleport kicks in.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 29th December 2010, 02:28

Re: Is vehumet the best for Summoners?

Vehumet and Sif are both fine choices. I wouldn't recommend anyone else, as the summoning books are rare and using nothing but scorpions for ages is pretty boring. Kiku is another possibility if you want to use necromancy and prioritise Haunt (you have to kill things yourself or use undead allies for piety though). If you're playing trunk you might prefer Vehumet for the guaranteed Demonology gift, as all the good high-level summoning spells are in that now (Haunt, SHT, Malign Gateway, Greater Demon). Summonings just has Ugly Things (probably still good but level 6 is quite high) and Shadow Creatures (awesome but short-lived).

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 29th December 2010, 03:27

Vehumet grants Warding against summoned creatures.
Mangled by Mennas

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 29th December 2010, 04:10

starless wrote:Vehumet grants Warding against summoned creatures.

Not anymore. Did you read the wiki for that one? The wiki is often out of date and you should not trust it.
Either that or stop living in the past.

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 29th December 2010, 21:15

MrMisterMonkey wrote:Not anymore. Did you read the wiki for that one? The wiki is often out of date and you should not trust it.
Either that or stop living in the past.

CrawlWiki? The god articles are up-to-date. It's mostly the monster articles that are outdated.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 30th December 2010, 01:19

The wiki wrote:Piety level ***
Protection from summoned creatures - Hostile summoned monsters who attack you will flinch away 50% of the time. This is not cumulative with an amulet of warding. (Passive)

Vehumet's page was indeed only accurate for 0.5 or something. I updated it from the LearnDB, anyway.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice