Equipping skeletons

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 24th May 2014, 22:42

Equipping skeletons

My HEMo of Nemelex has been exploiting the hell out of Animate Skeleton, casting it on all applicable corpses. Can anyone tell me how it is decided whether an animated skeleton wields the weapon and/or wears the armour of its previous living self? Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

I seem to have noticed that if the corpse has rotted to a skeleton before the animation, the skeleton will never wield or wear anything. But this may be just an illusion based on a small sample.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 24th May 2014, 22:56

Re: Equipping skeletons

I thought it always used the equipment if nothing ever picked it up after it died. I've never waited for a corpse to rot before casting animate skeleton.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 24th May 2014, 23:03

If a corpse rots into a skeleton it looses it's equipment, this also happens if you pick up and drop the corpse, or if anything else dies on it's square (and drops any equipment or corpses) or if you leave the level and come back, or if you pick up any of the equipment and drop it again.

It will only equip melee weapons and body armour.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks: 3
Patashu, Sandman25, Sprucery

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 25th May 2014, 19:26

Will the ally weapon settings (CTRL-T I think) affect this?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 25th May 2014, 21:00

zardo wrote:Will the ally weapon settings (CTRL-T I think) affect this?

Nope.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice