[SOLVED]Do Draconians get GDR?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 22nd May 2014, 20:12

[SOLVED]Do Draconians get GDR?

I guess the topic says it all...
My favorite race is Draconians, so I'll be playing them regardless of the answers.
I was just wondering if their innate AC gives any level of GDR.
Last edited by Tristian on Thursday, 22nd May 2014, 22:02, edited 3 times in total.

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 22nd May 2014, 20:24

Re: Do Draconians get GDR?

No.

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 22nd May 2014, 20:38

Cool. That's all I needed.
:^)

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 22nd May 2014, 20:41

A draconian with ozo's armor is slightly squishier in melee than his AC might suggest, if you're used to similar AC characters who are wearing armor. That's the biggest impact you'll ever notice of GDR. It's still not terribly significant, I think when we were looking at the differences in FSIM it was like 10% more average incoming damage or so.
But any given hit could be significantly higher damage than an armored character would receive.

I don't really know that there's any tactical consideration to make due to that fact. Just know draconians are going to take a little more damage in melee than most characters, and they're more prone to getting occasional big hits.

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 22nd May 2014, 20:45

That's kinda what I thought. I like playing Draconian casters, and even though I don't miss body armor, I had to wonder about the GDR factor.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 22nd May 2014, 21:37

Tristian wrote:I had to wonder about the GDR factor.

Why?

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 22nd May 2014, 21:45

Well, when you have a squishy character like a Deep Elf, GDR from light armor (Leather and/or Ring) can really make a difference.
Since I can't equip these items...... well I guess that's the answer to your "why".

*edit*
Also... cuz I just wanted to know.
That cool with you?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 22nd May 2014, 21:58

Tristian wrote:Well, when you have a squishy character like a Deep Elf, GDR from light armor (Leather and/or Ring) can really make a difference.
it is exceedingly rare for this statement to be true

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
Bloax

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 22nd May 2014, 22:01

duvessa wrote:
Tristian wrote:Well, when you have a squishy character like a Deep Elf, GDR from light armor (Leather and/or Ring) can really make a difference.
it is exceedingly rare for this statement to be true

True. But it can still help once in a while. Deep Elf was just an example.
But since I now know that Dracs get no GDR, I'll call it [SOLVED]

For this message the author Tristian has received thanks:
Bloax

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 24th May 2014, 01:52

Re: [SOLVED]Do Draconians get GDR?

But then you'd be wrong! Draconians get GDR when they're in statue form. You're welcome :)

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 24th May 2014, 02:03

damiac wrote:A draconian with ozo's armor is slightly squishier in melee than his AC might suggest, if you're used to similar AC characters who are wearing armor. That's the biggest impact you'll ever notice of GDR. It's still not terribly significant, I think when we were looking at the differences in FSIM it was like 10% more average incoming damage or so.
But any given hit could be significantly higher damage than an armored character would receive.

I don't really know that there's any tactical consideration to make due to that fact. Just know draconians are going to take a little more damage in melee than most characters, and they're more prone to getting occasional big hits.

I'd consider 10% significant.

That said dr have a rather large hp pool and get increasing AC at no xp investment to mitigate that 10% which is probably a net benefit.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 27th May 2014, 16:12

Re: [SOLVED]Do Draconians get GDR?

Yeah, and they also have that AC without any EV or casting penalty, which I'm pretty sure does more than offset that 10%. And remember that's only for melee fighting, against any other attack their AC is just as good as anyone else's

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice