Which whip to enchant?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 2nd April 2011, 06:32

Which whip to enchant?

Yay, my DDNe finally found not one, but two demon whips! In a "spriggan village" or something on D:21 or so - very cool level! I also found the faerie dragon armour, summon butterflies, the ratskin cloak, and a +8,+5 quick blade (which mostly will just let me butcher corpses in style!)

One is a +4,+4 demon whip of electrocution, the other is a +1,+2 demon whip of freezing.

I'm thinking the whip of freezing is better - Orbs of Fire are totally immune to fire and electricity, but they only resist freezing. The weapon lab says the damage output is similar. Elec has the downside of noise too.

Here's the snag though - I also have access to Warp Weapon and Excruciating Wounds. Is it better to enchant a plain demon whip? Actually, warp weapon would be just as good on a plain normal whip, since the banishment / teleport / blink effects make base damage irrelevant. Currently a demon whip of pain would not outperform a dw of freezing anyway either.

I think I'll just jack up the freezing whip now and if I find more whips / scrolls, so be it.

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 2nd April 2011, 09:34

Re: Which whip to enchant?

Sorry for the Off topic, but what exactly are the stats on the faerie dragon armor?

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 2nd April 2011, 12:12

I think it's AC 5 EV-1.

As you said, pick the freezing one and enchant it. Late game most things are immune to electricity anyway.

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 2nd April 2011, 13:27

I like unbranded myself. Having a weapon that can flame, freeze, or distort when need be is pretty useful, even if it takes 9 spell slots.
Human kind cannot bear very much reality.
TSE

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 2nd April 2011, 13:41

Jenx wrote:Sorry for the Off topic, but what exactly are the stats on the faerie dragon armor?

The armour's base stats are AC +5, EV -1, but it is also enchanted to +5, and gives rElec rF++. :) :) :)

I went with the freezing whip and got it to +4 +9 and just mopped Slime with it.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 2nd April 2011, 21:02

so wait, the armor summons butterflies?

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 2nd April 2011, 22:48

No, I just also found a spellbook with that spell.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice