Sublimation of blood management

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 1st April 2011, 18:15

Sublimation of blood management

Are there any tricks for making sublimation of blood easier?

Ideally I'd like to make a macro the wields (a rotting>poisonous>contaminated>yummy) chunk and sublimates it. Right now I have to use several keypresses and an inventory search to find the chuck.

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 1st April 2011, 18:26

Re: Sublimation of blood management

Just cast it on yourself. Way less keypresses. :lol:

No, seriously, you should use the chunks if you have them, but self casting is surprisingly effective. The hp penalty is very minor. It's what you end up doing anyways when you hit Tomb, Hells, Pan, etc and chunks become scarce. Mostly they just make the mp gain more reliable, self-casting has more erratic restoration and sometimes takes a few casts.

You could use a macro, especially if you make sure your chunks keep ending up mapped to the same letter. It would only work for one stack though, or you'd need multiple macros for multiple stacks.

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 1st April 2011, 18:45

Deep Dwarves of Kiku think that self casting is hard core and only for emergencies. :)

Yea, I suppose. But making the stacks is a few more keypresses.

Can macros accept keystrokes? I'm thinking that you could swap chunks to some slot (say, Z) after butchering via a macro if the macro would access a keystroke to indicate the chuck's current slot. Then use a separate macro for wield chuck Z, sublimate, wield weapon.

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 1st April 2011, 19:26

Darn. Forgot DD's. It's a pity their damage shaving doesn't block the self-sublimation damage.

I'm gonna assume sublimation is mapped to a, and meat to m.

Normally you go

w, m, z, a, '

which is 5 keystrokes (assuming you're not an unarmed transmuter, in which case you could cut it down to 4).

Now the wildcard is you don't always know that meat is m. So the best you can do is something like

w, input , marco(z, a, ')

So you do it in three keystrokes instead. So far as I know there's no way to do

macro(w, input, z, a, ')

Where the macro pauses and lets you input in the middle, so you could do it in two keystokes. You could continually remap your meat to m, so the 1 key macro always works, but that's actually less efficient, since you need to do something like

=, i, random, m

for each remap.

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 1st April 2011, 19:33

This may or may not be useful in your situation, but there comes a point in my good games where my inventory is almost static - with one slot left open, into which go chunks. Remembering which sequence of keys to press is a bit low-tech, but much like a player of Conjurers whose early-game fingers know 'zaf' without conscious thought, it seemed to become muscle memory.
I am sure I played flawflessly. This was an utmost unfair death. -- gorbeh

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 1st April 2011, 21:01

Put "autoinscribe = chunk:@w1" in your RC, then press w1 to wield chunks. Press ?6 ingame for various other useful things you can do with autoinscriptions.

For this message the author Kate has received thanks: 5
joellercoaster, Korvarn, rebthor, smock, sxoz

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 2nd April 2011, 22:49

This is great. With that autoinscribe setting, I now have a macro that's "w1zs' " and so with one button I'm sublimating chunks and switching back to my weapon. Love it!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice