How to handle the trap in my way?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 10th May 2014, 16:10

How to handle the trap in my way?

I have a question regarding the following situation. With my MiFi, I am on the way to my last rune, which is in tomb. On the first level, there is a 1-tile passage to the stairs. Directly in my way, there is first a Zot trap and some tiles after a teleport trap; there is no direct other way to the stairs.

So, what can I do to come to the second floor? My ideas are the following:
- random tele with the hope to somewhen come to the "inner ring", however, this is quite dangerous as there can by some greater mummies.
- control blink with the hope to come somewhen behind both traps; however, as a melee char, I first have to train translocation..
- finish game with 14 runes.. ;)
- other ideas?

Thank you.. ;)

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 10th May 2014, 16:12

Re: How to handle the trap in my way?

-man mode, walk through the trap. Wear stasis to go through tele trap.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 10th May 2014, 16:21

In a one-tile hallway, a regular blink is going to be good enough. There's a limited number of possible tiles you could end up on, and if you go the wrong way you just walk back. If there's a single artefact with +Blink in the entire game, just use that. If not, you can just strip your armor to cast the spell, probably with Brilliance and/or wizardry helping so you don't have to train translocations at all. It's Tomb, so you know there won't be anything particularly unexpected interrupting you.

Translocations is actually a good skill to pick up on a 15-Rune melee type, but if you're already on the last Rune I wouldn't bother now.

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 10th May 2014, 16:34

I always teleport on Tomb:1 until I land in the inner ring when I have unlimited access of teleport evocation.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 10th May 2014, 18:03

You can get past traps by standing next to the trap and doing a random blink. Blink will never move you as little as 1 square if it has the option to do otherwise; if you are standing next to a trap, a random blink will never put you on the trap.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 5
and into, Arrhythmia, MIC132, rchandra, Sar

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 10th May 2014, 18:23

Thank you for your answers!

A control teleport followed by a blink brought me into the right direction (behind the Zot trap), and there was an amulet of stasis in a shop on Snake:3; so let's see if I can get the last rune.. ;)

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice