One page worth of advice to give... What would it be?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 14th May 2014, 15:25

Re: One page worth of advice to give... What would it be?

Arrhythmia wrote:Ugh, why does every thread end up about Cheibriados.

Because he is the one true God...and God is everywhere.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 14th May 2014, 16:25

Quick advice to give: use teleport traps to escape hairy situations if you dont have tele scrolls or tele wand.
Also when exploring new dungeon level, when you find stairs down, check them fast to see if area down there is clear so you can retreat there if needed.
~online scoring~

Pig's in zen
Pig is nude
Unashamed

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 14th May 2014, 16:31

Eyesburn wrote:Also when exploring new dungeon level, when you find stairs down, check them fast to see if area down there is clear so you can retreat there if needed.

This can be bad for several reasons:
1) If the lower level has a timed portal and you used scroll of magic mapping to see the closest stairs, it's possible that you have not yet cleared path to the stairs on upper level.
2) It's safer to retreat upstairs, not downstairs. New level can have dangerous uniques etc.
3) Player is guaranteed to act before any monsters when entering a new level for the first time.

For this message the author Sandman25 has received thanks:
Eyesburn

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 14th May 2014, 23:12

tabstorm wrote:
Hopeless wrote:
vengefulcarrot wrote:remotely related to spoilers: be as gammafunk as possible in your attitude as far as crowdsourcing wins is concerned - don't always follow what spectators say, and if they ask you to acquire armour just acquire something else to piss them off. Honestly make your own judgement on what to do, don't blindly follow what people say especially on webtiles chat. Especially that guy VengefulParrot , he doesn't know anything.

One reason I stopped using webtiles was the endless stream of sometimes useless, sometimes bad and very rarely good advice that spewed forth from the chat. Now I realize one could just ignore the chat box entirely and I did for a while but I am inherently curious so that didn't work too well.

Your problem is probably that you listened to notcluie. Avoid doing this.

Actually while I thanked him for some very interesting comments I totally ignored him for the rest up until the point that I couldn't anymore and then I asked him not so politely to stop watching. So no. My problem was the watchers in general. Notcluie was just one of many not so helpful people and he was quite much more vocal than many which caused me to blow my stack (after which I had to restack everything :(). After a few more incidents where others said things that were either asinine, stupid or just wrong I stopped using the tiles. Honestly if they gave us the option to block users or put the chat completely down for the count Id be more of a fan.

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 15th May 2014, 03:58

Definitely try out a ton of race/class combos. You never know just what kind of hidden awesome lies in each combination until you play it. (Perhaps with the exception of MuCK but there's some magic in that too)
114491 | Pan | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
114491 | Pan | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
114492 | Pan | Killed Gloorx Vloq

true lords of shadow NEVER sleep
Previous

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice