Tomb Trouble

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 27th December 2010, 18:30

Tomb Trouble

Recently I have tried going for extended. I was playing several merfolk crusaders, starting with Oka to get some decent stuff, then switching to TSO in order to bless my weapon, get some N+ and some angels for support.
I am doing pretty well and can clear everything from Pan, Hell to Zot:5. However, after collecting 14 runes, I still can not survive Tomb:3. I wonder how I could do better; I am usually well-equipped, XP Lvl 27 with maxed out polearms, fighting, dodging, high resistances, max piety, high enough spellcasting in ice, enchantments, and some essential spells like haste, swiftness, abjuration, blink, control telep., butterflies, condens. shield, frozen armor etc.
However, when I walk down the stairs with a horde of daevas, I immediatly get my ass kicked big time by some stupid mummies spamming torment, death-curses and smite.
Can someone give me some hints on how to survive Tomb:3 and finally get the golden rune?

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 27th December 2010, 21:40

Re: Tomb Trouble

The only time I did it (HERe with TSO). I had a hard time too. I've read people saying summon and back away, but you can't. You get stormed near the stairs and there is nowhere to hide. Teleporting might be a good idea. Next time, I'll go there with necromutation! :)
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 28th December 2010, 04:24

Yeah, Necromutation + Firestorm (+ Summon Butterflies) = easy Tomb. :D

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 28th December 2010, 20:53

minmay wrote:Oh, right, forgot to mention that the summoning tactic won't work at the beginning of Tomb:3. Great for the rest of the branch, though.

Summon spam works, but it's highly inefficient. Cast Summon Horrible Things several times and haste them. TSO's summons don't work well, because they get overwhelmed easily and they're expensive.

pratamawirya wrote:Yeah, Kiku + Firestorm (+ Summon Butterflies) = easy Tomb. :D

Fixed. A lich will still get stat-drained and rotted hp. Kiku's necromancy miscast protection works on death curses, so nothing will affect you!

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 28th December 2010, 20:59

lucy_ferre wrote:Fixed. A lich will still get stat-drained and rotted hp. Kiku's necromancy miscast protection works on death curses, so nothing will affect you!

Liches won't suffer HP rot. Only mutagens, as far as I recall, cause HP rot in liches.

Stat drain can largely be nullified by a ring of sustain abilities (and perhaps keeping a royal jelly or two on hand in case the RNG is feeling vengeful).
Just a well-spoken spambot.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice