Which sword for Zlatan

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 26th March 2014, 10:30

Which sword for Zlatan

Zlatan, my beloved KoBe has reached level 14, and he's found some pretty decent weapons. One is a +8/+9 anti-magic quickblade, and the other is a +7/+7 vampiric short sword (with see invisible and resist electricity). Which, do you think, is the better choice? Zlatan has no other source of see invisible.

Also, Zlatan found a potion of beneficial mutation. He removed his anti-mutant amulet and quaffed the potion. Result: evolution. Evolution is a pretty fun mutation, but will it work if Zlatan re-equips the amulet?

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 26th March 2014, 11:20

Re: Which sword for Zlatan

congrats x9000

the vampiric shortsword, then get a disc of storms for shits and giggles
Hirsch I wrote:Also,are you calling me a power-gamer? this is highly offensive! now excuse me, I have to go back to my GrBe game, that I savescummed until trog gave me a Vampiric +9 claymore.

dck

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 26th March 2014, 11:25

rMut works on evolution mutations, yeah.
The vamp short sword isn't particularly bad but it's way worse than a +9 antimagic qb.

edit: clarity on rMut
Last edited by dck on Wednesday, 26th March 2014, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author dck has received thanks:
A boy and his god

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 26th March 2014, 13:15

+9 antimagic qb = happiness.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks:
A boy and his god

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 26th March 2014, 13:21

I'd still go with the vampiric just for the healing... is it really such a bad idea? wait the other thing is a quickblade
Hirsch I wrote:Also,are you calling me a power-gamer? this is highly offensive! now excuse me, I have to go back to my GrBe game, that I savescummed until trog gave me a Vampiric +9 claymore.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 26th March 2014, 14:16

+9 quickblade will kill everything until Zot with no trouble for the price of 8 skill levels. Once you're in Zot, you may also need some additional slaying. I'd say use that.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 26th March 2014, 20:05

I have a KoBe going with a +7 quickblade but who also has another +7 slaying. It destroys everything. Use the quickblade :) Sadly I chanced a brand weapon scroll on mine and removed vorpal for draining, but ah well...draining isn't terrible but most things resist it lategame...

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 28th March 2014, 12:12

Thanks, everyone. I decided to go with the quickblade... and it worked like a charm. In fact, it worked so damned well that I just tabbed myself through level after level. But tabbing always ends in tears (why won't I ever learn?). In the end, bastard nagas surrounded me on Pit:5. I forgot to call for backup before beserking - and that, alas, was the end of poor Zlatan.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice