Fedhas Madhas piety gain.

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 4th March 2014, 19:57

Fedhas Madhas piety gain.

I've been trying some octopode build and deciding that jiyva is the god i wish to worship i decided to worship god which doesn't have dangerous wrath, but gives you boost early game. I feel that rising piety is bit hard with Fedhas, before orcish mines, with low drop rate of corpses since nausea removal (i don't mind the low drop rate for corposes)

Am i just being pansy, or does Fedhas piety gain is bit of lacking in current version of the game :( (also i think fedhas used to give you piety for killing undead)

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 4th March 2014, 20:40

Re: Fedhas Madhas piety gain.

I don't play Fedhas, but from what I've read:
a) Fedhas is one of the few gods where you don't lose piety from inactivity (so it makes sense piety gain would be a bit slower as a balance)
b) Praying can also destroy corpse-type monsters for piety gain (zombies & ghouls; in the early levels zombies seem fairly common.)

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 4th March 2014, 20:47

Ajonos wrote:I don't play Fedhas, but from what I've read:
a) Fedhas is one of the few gods where you don't lose piety from inactivity (so it makes sense piety gain would be a bit slower as a balance)
b) Praying can also destroy corpse-type monsters for piety gain (zombies & ghouls; in the early levels zombies seem fairly common.)

Ah thank, didn't know about that.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 4th March 2014, 22:50

A little clarity:

1. Nausea's removal didn't change the corpse generation chance (It changed the amount of nutrition gained from eating chunks that might have made you nauseated in the past)

2. 'p'raying will turn corpses into toadstools, sometimes turn zombies into skeletons, and occasionally destroy ghouls, any of those may give you piety.

3. Fedhas's peity doesn't decrease for inactivity, but it is easy to use it up quickly, particularly if you make a bunch of wandering mushrooms and let them die.

I find that on average Fedhas's peity gain is on par with most other gods, personally.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 5th March 2014, 00:47

Siegurt wrote:A little clarity:

1. Nausea's removal didn't change the corpse generation chance (It changed the amount of nutrition gained from eating chunks that might have made you nauseated in the past)

2. 'p'raying will turn corpses into toadstools, sometimes turn zombies into skeletons, and occasionally destroy ghouls, any of those may give you piety.

3. Fedhas's peity doesn't decrease for inactivity, but it is easy to use it up quickly, particularly if you make a bunch of wandering mushrooms and let them die.

I find that on average Fedhas's peity gain is on par with most other gods, personally.

Well the problem is that as a mage I end up eating most of the corpses. Anyway realizing that i can sacrifice zombies, and rotting corpses has made the fedas worship much easier for me. And I don't anymore feel that his piety is too hard to rise.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 5th March 2014, 02:13

The big thing with Fedhas is that you don't really need to get past 1* (maybe 2*, since sunlight is pretty good) piety for a while. Mushrooms are the big draw of Fedhas early on, and they're at 1*. So during the phase where mushrooms are good and your character isn't, staying at 1* or 2* is fine, which is good since it will probably happen. I'm generally at 2* or so all through lair.

In my games once I stop needing mushrooms (and thus stop making them since walking around with them is a bit annoying) my piety goes up quickly.

Fedhas -> Jiyva is a good switch if you want to use Jiyva, easily the best if you want a god who actually does things before you get to Slime.

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 5th March 2014, 04:31

crate wrote:The big thing with Fedhas is that you don't really need to get past 1* (maybe 2*, since sunlight is pretty good) piety for a while. Mushrooms are the big draw of Fedhas early on, and they're at 1*. So during the phase where mushrooms are good and your character isn't, staying at 1* or 2* is fine, which is good since it will probably happen. I'm generally at 2* or so all through lair.

In my games once I stop needing mushrooms (and thus stop making them since walking around with them is a bit annoying) my piety goes up quickly.

Fedhas -> Jiyva is a good switch if you want to use Jiyva, easily the best if you want a god who actually does things before you get to Slime.

Yes this is why i chose Fedhas for octopode. Okawaru is useless, and Sif Muna is god you don't want to abandon, so is vehumet considering how squishy octopodes tend to be. Also fedhas plants and water tiles synergy well with castin octopode :)

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice