Early gold dragon armour/negative EV

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 22nd March 2011, 18:01

Early gold dragon armour/negative EV

So, found some +0 gold dragon armour just lying there on D4 (0.8). Unfortunately, I'm a level 8 SETm, with 0 Armour skill. Sludge Elves have such a sucky Armour aptitude, is it worth training it up at all for later in the game? If I wear it now, all spell success becomes 'Useless', and my EV goes negative, which I've never seen- does it mean monsters get a plus x to hit?

gb

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 22nd March 2011, 19:33

Re: Early gold dragon armour/negative EV

Kokor Hekkus wrote:So, found some +0 gold dragon armour just lying there on D4 (0.8). Unfortunately, I'm a level 8 SETm, with 0 Armour skill. Sludge Elves have such a sucky Armour aptitude, is it worth training it up at all for later in the game? If I wear it now, all spell success becomes 'Useless', and my EV goes negative, which I've never seen- does it mean monsters get a plus x to hit?

not worth it for a caster, it's the RNG teasing you :)
negative EV is the same as 0 EV, and only counts toward raising your EV above 0

For this message the author gb has received thanks:
Kokor Hekkus

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 23rd March 2011, 13:35

Yeah, the only viable thing to do if you wanted to wear the armor is to turn yourself from a Transmuter into a full on weapon-using melee-only character for the rest of the forseeable game, and that gold dragon armor isn't worth doing something quite THAT crazy (i.e. you wouldn't even make it that far).

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 23rd March 2011, 20:40

I just tried such a conversion when my SETr found an amulet of rage and crystal plate mail on D:1. Yea, nutty.

Getting trapped by a MiHu ghost and a hungry ghost did me in. Having to fight/run from two large OOD killer bee swarms burned through the food, disallowing berserking.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice