Trog gifts

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 24th January 2014, 23:13

Trog gifts

Hello once again. This time I want to inquire about the weapon gifts Trog gives you.

I am an ogre berserker once again, and was wondering if the gifts Trog gives are more tailored to what you are current using?

E.g. If I am currently wielding a GSC, is he more likely to give me a GSC? Is there a way to make him gift me GSC's more often, as my last 5 runs all end up with him giving me random crossbows and whatnot :evil:

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 24th January 2014, 23:32

Re: Trog gifts

I don't know exactly how it works but from hundreds of trog runs, it seems like he'll give you lots of weapons in your category(maces and flails), then some random stuff too, but mostly M&F.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 25th January 2014, 00:21

You have a higher chance of getting a weapon with your highest trained weapon skill, basically you have a weaponskill+1 weighted chance per weapon category of your gift being in that category (Inside of that, there's some weighting for getting one handed gifts with shield training, and a higher chance of getting a yet-unseen weapon)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 25th January 2014, 01:16

Trog's gifting works like a modified Scroll of Acquirement. You're more likely to get a good weapon for skills you've trained, and there's a much, much higher chance of getting the Anti-Magic brand. You can (and will) still get weapons that you have no training with. For Ogres trained only in M&F specifically I've noticed he tends to mostly gift GC/GSCs.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 25th January 2014, 02:00

also shields skill makes you get more one-handed (i.e. worse) weapons

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 25th January 2014, 04:41

Thanks. I finally got gifted a GSC, it was a +10/+8 MR++ vamp GSC (which I only found out when I died), never got to equip it because I was too afraid it was going to be a distortion GSC and had no identify scroll, which killed me in the past :roll: . Thanks game! :cry:

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 27th January 2014, 19:47

Distortion GSC seems pretty awesome to me. Why would you not want distortion?

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 27th January 2014, 19:57

zogre wrote:Distortion GSC seems pretty awesome to me. Why would you not want distortion?

Because you're a melee character and it's just outright annoying when everything blinks away from you all the time? (especially more dangerous ranged mobs like yaktaur captains)

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 27th January 2014, 20:01

i assume hes referring to being afraid to change weapons after wear-id'ing a distortion weapon because of the unwield penalty/effects. Some people dislike using distortion weapons because they blink/banish enemies.

*edit* ninja'd, sorry

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice