Am I missing something here? (Labrinyth

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 04:35

Am I missing something here? (Labrinyth

http://imgur.com/1FmA9NI

That zombie in the middle is a minotaur zombie. I have no flight ring, and no potions of flight. Am I missing something obvious, or am I just stuck permanently?

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 04:41

Re: Am I missing something here? (Labrinyth

Why would you be stuck? That's not the exit, it's just some bonus loot if you have flight. If you don't, ignore it.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 04:47

Ok, I had assumed if there was a minotaur, it must have been an exit. Thanks.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 10:50

OK, so flight is something you want to take with you into the Labyrinth. That's news to me. Now I wonder how that bonus loot gets placed in the Lab. Is there a bigger chance to find such bonus loot the longer you wander in the Lab?
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 10:58

In my current game, I had no flight but it turns out you can get the loot with apportation just fine.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 13:03

@Sprucery: While having some source of flight available ist always handy, it's in no way mandatory in the labyrinth, since those mentioned loot vaults surrounded by moats are really quite rare. Wasting time and turns/food in the labyrinth to go out and actively search these is not a good idea imho.

However, I've read about some revisions concerning minivaults in the labyrinth being applied to trunk.
wins: yes

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 14:26

Sure. What I meant was that I'm used to dropping, for example, rings or potions of flight at the Lab entrance, to get inventory space for Lab loot. If that kind of vaults are possible, I'm taking flight with me in the Lab.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 14:56

Sprucery wrote:OK, so flight is something you want to take with you into the Labyrinth. That's news to me. Now I wonder how that bonus loot gets placed in the Lab. Is there a bigger chance to find such bonus loot the longer you wander in the Lab?

It's just a vault like any other. The Labyrinth is finite and its layout, vaults and all, is generated when you enter. It's not like the Abyss. If there are additional loot vaults in the Lab, then presumably spending more time looking through the maze will increase your chance of finding them, but they aren't generated as you explore.

For this message the author nicolae has received thanks:
Sprucery

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 17:28

Also, the loot in this particular vault has never been all that exciting that I've found, certainly not worth spending extra time searching for one the off chance it happens to have generated. (It's not the quality of the lab ending loot)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Wizlab Walloper

Post Wednesday, 22nd January 2014, 04:06

nicolae wrote:
Sprucery wrote:OK, so flight is something you want to take with you into the Labyrinth. That's news to me. Now I wonder how that bonus loot gets placed in the Lab. Is there a bigger chance to find such bonus loot the longer you wander in the Lab?

It's just a vault like any other. The Labyrinth is finite and its layout, vaults and all, is generated when you enter. It's not like the Abyss. If there are additional loot vaults in the Lab, then presumably spending more time looking through the maze will increase your chance of finding them, but they aren't generated as you explore.

Not *quite* true. Though you're not going to get new loot, the Labyrinth's layout shifts as you continue to explore it. That's what the "You feel a gust of wind!" and "You hear the creaking of ancient gears" messages are for.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice