Option for Y/n prompt before berserking?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 2nd January 2014, 23:07

Option for Y/n prompt before berserking?

Does anyone know some init file magic that would give a Y/n prompt before activating Trog's berserk? I'm assuming this would be done with some kind of Lua script, but I don't know the first thing about Lua. I ask because I recently lost a character by accidentally clicking berserk instead of BiA, and that's something I'd rather not repeat.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 2nd January 2014, 23:10

Re: Option for Y/n prompt before berserking?

The cheaper, less interesting, probably even less helpful, answer that I have is use "=a" to adjust berserk something less convenient. A capital letter, away from "a", like, say, Y, would work.

Alternatively you could wait for someone smarter than me to post a lua or rc-file solution.
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks:
Skrybe

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 3rd January 2014, 23:11

I just use the abilities remap to change berserk from 'a' to 'A' (press "=" then "a" twice then "A"), which I think is what Arrhythmia suggests? It works well for me, since I'm not going to hold shift by accident when selecting another ability. It sounds like though you're not using key commands, but clicking with mouse to select abilities so maybe it's not so helpful to move them around.
Last edited by zogre on Monday, 6th January 2014, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author zogre has received thanks:
Skrybe

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 4th January 2014, 03:56

Thanks guys, but like zogre guessed, I play tiles and use the abilities tab when activating berserk/BiA/whatever. Remapping the keys won't stop me from absentmindedly clicking the wrong icon!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 4th January 2014, 17:36

I don't think there's any lua that will affect mouse clicks, unfortunately.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice