Do dragons created by Receive Corpses not drop hides?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 24th December 2013, 04:18

Do dragons created by Receive Corpses not drop hides?

Or am I just really unlucky?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 24th December 2013, 04:29

Re: Do dragons created by Receive Corpses not drop hides?

Corpses created by Receive Corpses cannot create hides.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 2
battaile, Skrybe

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Tuesday, 24th December 2013, 04:33

duvessa wrote:Corpses created by Receive Corpses cannot create hides.

crawl wiki wrote: Note that some of the corpses may be fresh enough to produce hides when butchered, so you might be able to pick some dragon armour that way.

Crawl wiki, for all your misinformation needs.
kekekela is my in-game name

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 24th December 2013, 04:39

Yeah, that's why I was trying in the first place. It's also mentioned in the troll article.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 24th December 2013, 10:44

Skrybe wrote:Yeah, that's why I was trying in the first place. It's also mentioned in the troll article.
Note this kind of misinformation is pandemic on crawl wiki. Ideally you would not read it at all, simply because the lies are so smoothy mixed with the truth that it's impossible to tell the difference unless you already know about the topic of the article.
On IRC my nick is reaverb. I play online under the name reaver, though.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Tuesday, 24th December 2013, 17:28

Is crawl wiki misinformation outdated info or just someone being an idiot?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 24th December 2013, 17:39

Both.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 24th December 2013, 18:47

I think it's a problem because searching anything crawl related in Google usually dumps you on badwiki as the first link (which is how I often ended up there). To be fair, tavern posts are usually the second or third links and the info here is usually better, but not as neatly organized unfortunately. Ideally, learndb should be indexable by search engines, but it seems that it's not the case?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 24th December 2013, 20:11

DracheReborn wrote:I think it's a problem because searching anything crawl related in Google usually dumps you on badwiki as the first link (which is how I often ended up there). To be fair, tavern posts are usually the second or third links and the info here is usually better, but not as neatly organized unfortunately. Ideally, learndb should be indexable by search engines, but it seems that it's not the case?

In that case, you can just go to http://crawl.develz.org/learndb/ itself and then hit Ctrl+F

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 24th December 2013, 21:27

nicolae wrote:
DracheReborn wrote:I think it's a problem because searching anything crawl related in Google usually dumps you on badwiki as the first link (which is how I often ended up there). To be fair, tavern posts are usually the second or third links and the info here is usually better, but not as neatly organized unfortunately. Ideally, learndb should be indexable by search engines, but it seems that it's not the case?

In that case, you can just go to http://crawl.develz.org/learndb/ itself and then hit Ctrl+F

You can also add a # before a query. Example: http://crawl.develz.org/learndb/#rng (Wait for it to fully load).

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 24th December 2013, 21:42

reaver wrote:
Skrybe wrote:Yeah, that's why I was trying in the first place. It's also mentioned in the troll article.
Note this kind of misinformation is pandemic on crawl wiki. Ideally you would not read it at all, simply because the lies are so smoothy mixed with the truth that it's impossible to tell the difference unless you already know about the topic of the article.

My current favorite bit of misinformation is that the plutonium sword inflicts Translocations miscasts, even though that is demonstrably untrue and doesn't even make sense, and yet the strategy listed on the page works with the assumption that it works like a distortion weapon.

For this message the author nicolae has received thanks:
Sar

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 24th December 2013, 21:52

It's funny because it's true. Wow.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 24th December 2013, 22:33

wow. so wiki. much lie. many bullshits. wow.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 26th December 2013, 02:38

nicolae wrote:My current favorite bit of misinformation is that the plutonium sword inflicts Translocations miscasts, even though that is demonstrably untrue and doesn't even make sense, and yet the strategy listed on the page works with the assumption that it works like a distortion weapon.
The worst part is this bit of nonsense was added by a current administrator, MoogleDan. (Who also visits the Tavern occasionaly.)

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 26th December 2013, 13:14

Yep, I'm a friggin' deceiver of the masses, that's me. In happier news, the Kiku issue was fixed the day it was posted here. Better yet, we've had some good players actually sign up to work on the wiki, which is always appreciated. Best of all, I've more or less quit both playing Crawl and reading this forum for a few months now, and I only occasionally oversee what's going on at the wiki. Never fear, my reign of terror is over.

Merry Christmas, one and all.
"Making sure all that misinformation is grammatically correct since August 2011."

If you have any recommendations* regarding the Crawl Wiki, message me and I'll look into it.

* - Deletion of the Crawl Wiki is not a good recommendation.

For this message the author MoogleDan has received thanks:
XuaXua

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 27th December 2013, 00:27

And on a less immature, more useful note...

If you really want to see bad wiki dead, the easiest way that's going to happen is to replace it with good wiki. If you see something false, be it something tiny and subtle or hilariously blatant, message me about it, or get yourself an account on the wiki and update it yourself! I assure you that this is a lot more productive than collecting lists of favorites. That's all I ask, and I don't think it's asking much.
"Making sure all that misinformation is grammatically correct since August 2011."

If you have any recommendations* regarding the Crawl Wiki, message me and I'll look into it.

* - Deletion of the Crawl Wiki is not a good recommendation.

For this message the author MoogleDan has received thanks: 4
and into, nago, rebthor, XuaXua

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 27th December 2013, 01:52

Most of the people who complain about the wiki try to do exactly that for a while, then get discouraged when someone just replaces their edit with more wrong information (just look what happens to the character guides). After reading battaile's post I tried to log in to fix the corpse delivery article only to find that my account had been deleted for the second time, and at this point I see little reason to bother sending another email.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 27th December 2013, 02:37

Yeah, I tried being a wiki editor for a while but it was an exercise in frustration and futility.

But I just pointed out the badwiki entry for lol's, didn't mean for it to become personal and heated.
kekekela is my in-game name

Barkeep

Post Friday, 27th December 2013, 04:00

duvessa wrote:Most of the people who complain about the wiki try to do exactly that for a while, then get discouraged when someone just replaces their edit with more wrong information (just look what happens to the character guides). After reading battaile's post I tried to log in to fix the corpse delivery article only to find that my account had been deleted for the second time, and at this point I see little reason to bother sending another email.

Well, some of the character guides are their own special brand of screwed up, because the author's ego can lead him or her to zealously defend the guide against any refinement. However I do think that making the non-strategy guide parts of the wiki better is a realistic goal that could be accomplished without too much frustration and would be a meaningful improvement (though still not ideal, admittedly).

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 2nd January 2014, 16:42

Hey MoogleDan - I've beat the game four times, always looking stuff up in the wiki.

I'm not the best player in the world, so having a clearly organized wiki is really helpful to me. Maybe some information is wrong when you get into high level strategy (it's always seemed more helpful than not helpful to me so YMMV), but I didn't want you to think your work wasn't appreciated by any of the lesser players out there.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 2nd January 2014, 18:07

sorry man, but I discovered that not reading the wiki makes you a better player. no information is better than misinformation, specially for those that can not tell what is good and what is bad.

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 2nd January 2014, 23:53

The biggest design flaw in crawl is that it makes everyone think what they say is right, even when it isn't.
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080 <- take this link to play online or spectate.

For this message the author Tiktacy has received thanks:
XuaXua

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 3rd January 2014, 00:58

Tiktacy wrote:The biggest design flaw in people is that it makes everyone think what they say is right, even when it isn't.

FTFY
it has nothing to do with the game.

Unarmed Combat 27.0

Post Friday, 3rd January 2014, 07:56

The wiki might have incorrect info sprinkled in there, but it definitely helped me A LOT when I was getting started.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 3rd January 2014, 23:28

Inspired by Tiktacy, Hirsch I wrote:The biggest design flaw in people is that it makes everyone think what they say is right, even when it isn't.

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”

― Charles Bukowski

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 4th January 2014, 04:07

MoogleDan wrote:And on a less immature, more useful note...

If you really want to see bad wiki dead, the easiest way that's going to happen is to replace it with good wiki. If you see something false, be it something tiny and subtle or hilariously blatant, message me about it, or get yourself an account on the wiki and update it yourself! I assure you that this is a lot more productive than collecting lists of favorites. That's all I ask, and I don't think it's asking much.

Pretty much what I'd have asked, but these people here wojld rather spend time complaining about invalid data rather than validating and fixing it.

Fix a page that isn't someone's personal obsession.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 4th January 2014, 04:11

XuaXua wrote:
MoogleDan wrote:And on a less immature, more useful note...

Pretty much what I'd have asked, but these people here wojld rather spend time complaining about invalid data rather than validating and fixing it.

Fix a page that isn't someone's personal obsession.

man, if I wanted to spend my time fixing other people's mistakes I'd get a job as a proofreader and at least get paid for it

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 4th January 2014, 17:34

I started to pitch in on the wiki before the site got blocked at work. I'm out of work now, so I'll actually have less time to devote to wiki edits since I'm with my son all the time, but if I come across a particularly egregious mistake during naptime or something I'll make an effort to fix it.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 5th January 2014, 18:48

There are some things I like the wiki for because it gives more detail than LearnDB; principally the descriptions of god abilities and decks (as in Nemelex, not deep elf chaos knights). The Diary Of A Crawler bits can be good fun too.

man, if I wanted to spend my time fixing other people's mistakes I'd get a job as a proofreader and at least get paid for it

These days? Proofreader seems to be a dying profession. I certainly can't get any work, and it's about the only thing I'm any good at.

Barkeep

Post Sunday, 5th January 2014, 19:44

Moanerette wrote:Proofreader seems to be a dying profession. I certainly can't get any work, and it's about the only thing I'm any good at.

I dunno if you're joking, but proofreading is still very much a thing. See also "Copy editor."
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice