KoBe Trog Gifts?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 25th December 2010, 00:42

KoBe Trog Gifts?

I've been on the KoBe train for a while now, they're pretty damn good. I can usually always get one to at least 15th level, which is pretty decent for me.

However, I've noticed that Trog gifts me a *lot* of slings, even when I have no skill in it. I thought Trog's gift tendencies were based on your highest weapon skill... or am I mistaken?

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 25th December 2010, 00:58

Re: KoBe Trog Gifts?

That's good to know. I was thinking of doing a KoBe without any sling skill to avoid the endless stream of slings, but it sounds like there's no point in trying to avoid them.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 25th December 2010, 01:17

In one game I was gifted two hammers, two axes, and *five* slings.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 25th December 2010, 01:57

My latest KoBe (and my very first win!) was gifted with a really vicious crossbow in the midgame. A few skill levels later, and it was all the almighty Trog could think to give me. I ended up with about a dozen branded or artifact crossbows, none of them a patch on the first. And ammo. So much ammo. I stopped carrying bolts with me on expeditions because I could trust so absolutely in divine providence.
Dowan says "Her death will not be in vain!"
You bludgeon Dowan!
This raw flesh tastes great!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice