Stashes

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 20th March 2011, 18:32

Stashes

Well, I'm on Dungeon Level 10 and I haven't found the lair yet. I have a bunch of stuff I really need to stash. This usually isn't a problem, but the RNG has been unsually generous and has given me like 8 scrolls of identify, 6 scrolls of blinking, lots of potions and wands ect. but I'm a Deep Elf Wizard and I don't really have the strength to carry it all. I have been walking around in the "Overloaded" status for the last past two dungeon levels now looking for the Lair or somewhere else safe to stash my stuff, but I just don't feel safe walking around like this and I am wondering if it would be best to drop all the things where I am standing right now that I don't immediately need (i.e. identify scrolls) and come back for them later when I have a stash set up.

Would this be a good decision or would it be better to try and make it to the Lair or something?

EDIT: I'm overloaded to the point that I can't carry any more items.
Last edited by Laraso on Sunday, 20th March 2011, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 20th March 2011, 18:34

Re: Stashes

just use the temple, walking around at even burdened is dangerous, it slows you and costs food and stealth. You can pretty much just use the floor for stashing to, stuff doesnt go missing really.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 20th March 2011, 18:46

Of the consumables, monsters only pick up healing potions, attack wands and some scrolls like teleport. Utility stuff like id, rc can be dropped anywhere. If you want to drop some wands, do it on the downstairs of an explored level. That way, when you come back to it, you're sure to get to them before any monster can.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 20th March 2011, 18:49

Temporarily drop enough stuff close to a stairs than you lose overburden and/or encumbered. Either take it back to the temple in a few runs, or wait till you find the lair and then ferry it down. Seriously- you'll lose more food to the weight status than to the travel time. And there are horrible speed penalties to being weighted that will get you killed.

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 20th March 2011, 19:01

I never worry about food in the normal dungeon, I always seem to find enough corpses, so the food issue isn't a concern to me. The speed issue is. Seldom do I ever have to use my permafood.

I just got killed by the flaming scimitar of an invisible Erica, so I don't have a weight problem anymore.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice