What is this area?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 6th March 2011, 02:37

What is this area?

Hello fellow crawlers! =D I've been very addicted to Stone Soup since I found it a couple weeks ago and I've been having tons of fun. Today I started a new character and I spawned in the area in the screenshot below. I've never seen something like this before, what is it?

I also like to say that one of my first games, I spawned on the level that contained the orb of Zot. Of course I had no idea what that meant and I was immediately pwned =[.

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 6th March 2011, 02:47

Re: What is this area?

It's just an entry vault. Anyone can design vaults and contribute them to the game. Those are all monsters that should be way too tough for a starting character to fight, but they are all behind bars. Perhaps these are other adventurers imprisoned in the dungeon. Actually, now that I think of it, those look like all the races that are available as player characters. Maybe it's just the lineup of other starting characters waiting for their turn to enter the dungeon...

It's just a bit of "flavour".

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 6th March 2011, 02:48

Also, re spawning on the level with the orb - I think you must have been playing Sprint. In normal dungeon crawl there is no way to be spawned on Zot level 5, which is where the orb is.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 6th March 2011, 02:52

As spawning in the dungeon, I might have been in sprint by accident.

But the text was different, as instead of saying I needed to retrieve the orb, it said the orb was on my current level.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 6th March 2011, 03:10

Starting areas like that look cool, but they're a bit of a pain when using autorest. Keep in mind though that since starting areas aren't randomly generated, there may be some stuff hidden in those areas.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice